Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14 2021, 03:55 PM

Default INVENTORY or RESOURCE USAGE Problem

There is something seriously wrong with either INVENTORY or RESOURCE USAGE or both. Since the change over and making factories operational, I have noticed serious depletions in crops, minerals, and certain goods that were not a problem before. Now I've gone from 250K worth of bamboo, which was easily maintained before the switch, to a mere 50K. I'm out of aluminum ore, iron ore, and, just recently, copper ore. I harvest as often as possible, so, either I'm not being credited in my inventory, goods are disappearing from inventory, or I am using 5 to 10 times as much in my factories. I can't keep up.
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:13 PM

2021-04-14 20:47:56.591 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

working for a sn and getting this message??? different to the one i was getting few days back only ever get errors like this when im working SN in FULL screen mode. not sure what this one means???
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted Jim View Post
There is something seriously wrong with either INVENTORY or RESOURCE USAGE or both. Since the change over and making factories operational, I have noticed serious depletions in crops, minerals, and certain goods that were not a problem before. Now I've gone from 250K worth of bamboo, which was easily maintained before the switch, to a mere 50K. I'm out of aluminum ore, iron ore, and, just recently, copper ore. I harvest as often as possible, so, either I'm not being credited in my inventory, goods are disappearing from inventory, or I am using 5 to 10 times as much in my factories. I can't keep up.
Hi Addicted Jim,
Nothing has changed on how much crops or products are used. The only change would be how often you are refilling them and how many are working your facilities when you post. The mines and the other facilities that are not workable by others do not produce any faster, so if you are using those products faster then the mines, etc can't keep up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
2021-04-14 20:47:56.591 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

working for a sn and getting this message??? different to the one i was getting few days back only ever get errors like this when im working SN in FULL screen mode. not sure what this one means???
Hi Alexm,
As long as these errors don't stop you from working for your SN, then it isn't necessary to report each one. It only means that you encountered something on their farms that has not been added back in yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:47 PM

That's the problem. I was able to keep up before the switch, I've added NO new factories, etc. since the switch, but I'm running out of resources MUCH faster than before. Having posted this on 3 group sites, I'm finding MANY farmers have the same problem. I don't know how to better explain the issue.
Old Apr 14 2021, 04:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted Jim View Post
That's the problem. I was able to keep up before the switch, I've added NO new factories, etc. since the switch, but I'm running out of resources MUCH faster than before. Having posted this on 3 group sites, I'm finding MANY farmers have the same problem. I don't know how to better explain the issue.
Hi Addicted Jim,
The only way you can explain it is that more people are playing and working your facilities since the migration. Nothing has changed in how much is used of anything per the batch you are starting. No times or amounts have been changed.
Old Apr 14 2021, 05:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Mouse click has been changed in this last go round. I have all my trains very close together. When I try to move one train car to cram them together you CANNOT click to place the train car if anything is too close even when the car indicates green. You used to be able to click, move the car, release, press then drag the entire screen, release then click again and it would finally take the click and place the car correctly behind another item. Now even though the mouse is DOWN when I press then drag the entire screen the car moves (even though the mouse is down), and I can't subsequently pick the exact same location and actually get a click to go through.

So I'm trying to drag a train car and place it "super close" to another train car. It refuses to accept the placement click because I'm too close to something even though the car highlights green.

This is super irritating.

The other problem, which is why this one exists, is when you select a train car to move it tosses the train car about a mile away from the mouse cursor. Then it allows you to move it. Since the train is no longer anywhere near the mouse pointer when you selected it to move, you need 10,000 acres of empty space around your train to place the car correctly. Just select the train car when I click move, don't select it then pick it up and move it half a screen away. Here's a video. Notice when I select "move" it tosses the train a mile away from the cursor. Notice when I have the train car where I want it, it refuses to accept a click to actually place it there.

Outside link removed

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 14 2021 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Outside link removed - not allowed
Old Apr 14 2021, 05:45 PM

Level:
XP:

Addicted Jim: You also have to figure trains goods that we are just now getting and no ships yet either.
Old Apr 14 2021, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
Mouse click has been changed in this last go round. I have all my trains very close together. When I try to move one train car to cram them together you CANNOT click to place the train car if anything is too close even when the car indicates green. You used to be able to click, move the car, release, press then drag the entire screen, release then click again and it would finally take the click and place the car correctly behind another item. Now even though the mouse is DOWN when I press then drag the entire screen the car moves (even though the mouse is down), and I can't subsequently pick the exact same location and actually get a click to go through.

So I'm trying to drag a train car and place it "super close" to another train car. It refuses to accept the placement click because I'm too close to something even though the car highlights green.

This is super irritating.

The other problem, which is why this one exists, is when you select a train car to move it tosses the train car about a mile away from the mouse cursor. Then it allows you to move it. Since the train is no longer anywhere near the mouse pointer when you selected it to move, you need 10,000 acres of empty space around your train to place the car correctly. Just select the train car when I click move, don't select it then pick it up and move it half a screen away.
Hi TsunamiVince,
Please do not modify a post after you have posted it as it make s it hard to answer everything you are saying.
I have copied your modified post to the closed thread for the developers about specific issues.
I have not been able to duplicate what you are saying about this. If you are hiding things to try to make it work then that can cause it to do things like this. The shifting the train car away from the curser could also be a zoom problem with the browser zoom set to high.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 14 2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old Apr 14 2021, 06:52 PM

Level:
XP:

I've tried everything you have suggested already. It's not a zoom problem, it's not a hide problem, it's not a full screen problem. This worked fine until someone decided they'd change the way click drag works just within the past couple weeks. Click drag now doesn't move the entire screen for the first little bit, it actually moves the selection first then the screen. Try placing trains like this on your farm:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT Trains (2).jpg (19.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 14 2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Removed outside link
Closed Thread