Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 05 2012, 11:51 PM
Account Not Linked

I was wondering if we can get ahold of a person that hired us? I was hired and unfortunatley got kicked off before I could finish and I just want to apologize to this person. She was nice enough to hire me and I had every intention on finishing until I got kicked off. Is there anyway to find a person that hired you? Thanks
Old Jan 06 2012, 12:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb3733 View Post
I was wondering if we can get ahold of a person that hired us? I was hired and unfortunatley got kicked off before I could finish and I just want to apologize to this person. She was nice enough to hire me and I had every intention on finishing until I got kicked off. Is there anyway to find a person that hired you? Thanks
Unfortunately no there isn't. Unless you see them again in the market place
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _anu_ View Post
Problem:

A-hole players that spam the market place with UNSOLICITED hire requests because they are too lazy/too rude/too inconsiderate/etc to follow any decency to type a simple request like "Hiring harvesters" in the main chat window.

I'm tired of going to the market place and being bombarbed with unsolicited hire requests as soon as i enter the market place.

I'm tired of trying to hire farmers and receiving unsolicited hire requests.

I'm tired of going to the market place, running to a corner of the market place to avoid "a-hole hirers" and still receiving unsolicited hire requests. The barstools deliberately do it.

I'm tired of not being able to ignore "a-hole hirers" because they are too quick. They spam the market place with hire requests, then get as many as they can, then they leave.

Solution 1:
The solution to the problem is so simple it begs the question "WHY havent the developers implemented it".

Process-
- farmer clicks map, selects market place
- popup is displayed, farmer is displayed with the following options:
- I want to hire (farmer selects and enters market place)
- i want to work (farmer selects and is presented with a popup containing the following options)
-- I want to harvest Crops and Trees
-- I want to harvest Crops and flowers
-- I want to harvest crops
-- I want to plow
-- I want to fish

The farmers that want to hire enter the market place with a 'H' (for identification purposes) on over either their head or overalls.

The farmers that want work enter the market place with either a symbol/image or letter of which work they want. ie a plower will have a letter 'P' or a image of a plow over their head or on their overall.

A few exceptions wrapped around it, ie a hirer cant be hired, etc.
I love your suggestion. I really hope it can be added to the marketplace as I get tired contending with getting asked to do a farm when I'm there to hire people to harvest and plow my fields and pick my trees and fish for me. I had to deny one and edit my message that I was posting to include I am not here to get jobs, I'm here to hire people. I need harvesters/plowers, tree shakers, flower harvesters and fishing people for 13 farms. Anyone interested?

And I end up getting about twenty people wanting to help, out of those twenty, I get only about five people as the rest were hired underneath me by other people. And it was clear to everyone that they asked to be hired by me, not anyone else.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Feb 06 2012, 02:49 PM

Default hiring

Beth.....sounds like u need some "u do my farms i'll do urs".neighbors like i have in my group..then u wouldn't have to go to the market except to sell..i don't hire or do work from the market anymore..
Old Feb 07 2012, 02:04 PM

First, I'll say there are two problems inherent with these message boards: (1) it's impossible to read through the hundreds of posts on any given thread to see if there is already something posted that's relevant to what you have to say, and (2) only a handful of people are likely to ever see your post anyway due to the aforementioned reason.

That said, I'll post this anyway. Here are some rules of etiquette (as we civilized human beings see them) when playing Farm Town:

First, if you're going to hire people to work in your facilities, it makes sense to make sure that they are condensed onto as few farms as possible so that your workers don't have to jump around to a bunch of different farms (and thus have to wait for each one to load, which can take a while). I can tell you I own every facility that's currently available, and even have multiples of some, and I have them all on four farms, and all my service facilities on one farm.

When looking for work in the marketplace: be polite and friendly, and DON'T BEG! I HATE it when people fill up the screen with things like "hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or "plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" or some equally stupid thing! Remember those niceties your mama tried to teach you growing up - those things called "manners"? Well, USE THEM! Say please and thank you, and have the courtesty to speak to the people who hire you (or whom YOU hire). You don't have to be buddies or anything, but this IS a social game, after all. If you come to my farm to work, I will always speak to you, and frankly I am offended if you don't reply.

On that same note, if you are hired to do a job, LOOK to see if you are hired for multiple farms! The developers have made it VERY easy to tell which farms have the work you agreed to do, so don't just do one farm and then leave! And, if you accept a job, FINISH IT - don't just do the parts you want and then leave!

I'm very sure there are a great many people who will agree with these suggestions!
Old Feb 07 2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
Beth.....sounds like u need some "u do my farms i'll do urs".neighbors like i have in my group..then u wouldn't have to go to the market except to sell..i don't hire or do work from the market anymore..

Beth, I totally agree! I always look for available neighbors to hire for work before I'll go to the market. Problem is that none of them seem to want to do it recently, even those who I used to be able to count on. Sad, isn't it?
Old Feb 07 2012, 09:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Pet Peeve!

I like to harvest fruit trees. I, however, do not have any "tools" because I don't have the money to be buying them to play the game. On more occasions than I can possibly recall, I'll be on a farm, minding my own business, harvesting the trees, and a person with "tools" comes through and harvests EVERYTHING, leaving nothing left for me to do. They take ALL the work! And they don't CARE. I cannot compete with folks that have tree shakers. It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I am getting very fed up and will probably stop playing altogether. The playing field has become unfair.
Old Feb 08 2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibisan View Post
I like to harvest fruit trees. I, however, do not have any "tools" because I don't have the money to be buying them to play the game. On more occasions than I can possibly recall, I'll be on a farm, minding my own business, harvesting the trees, and a person with "tools" comes through and harvests EVERYTHING, leaving nothing left for me to do. They take ALL the work! And they don't CARE. I cannot compete with folks that have tree shakers. It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I am getting very fed up and will probably stop playing altogether. The playing field has become unfair.
I personally have tools and understand what you are saying... sometimes when i am hired i do look for other workers but if i can't see them in the trees, i assume noone else is there and harvest them all with my tools and see someone without tools working. It makes me feel bad that i have hogged all the work. if i see someone without tools working, i only do a few then leave the rest. People with tools are not necessarily hogging all the work. They just don't see you. I have a ton of trees that need harvesting daily and chopping. If i ever see you at the marketplace I will be happy to hire you to do them...
Old Feb 08 2012, 02:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I understand! I have been with out tools and had that done! Then when I got tools I found if I work every other farm I don't take away from the person with out. I tell the one with out if they want my help just yell. But we have all started from zero and some of us need to remember that!!! And I would be happy to work for either of you as well as be neighbors!!!
Old Feb 08 2012, 08:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbohannon View Post
I personally have tools and understand what you are saying... sometimes when i am hired i do look for other workers but if i can't see them in the trees, i assume noone else is there and harvest them all with my tools and see someone without tools working. It makes me feel bad that i have hogged all the work. if i see someone without tools working, i only do a few then leave the rest. People with tools are not necessarily hogging all the work. They just don't see you. I have a ton of trees that need harvesting daily and chopping. If i ever see you at the marketplace I will be happy to hire you to do them...
Thanks On many occasions I have asked the person with tools to leave me some work but they carry on. I have run across some who will leave some of the work for me, but they, unfortunately, are the exception not the rule. I know there are lots of nice folks out there, I just haven't run across many lately. Hope to see you at the marketplace