Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Jul 12 2019, 12:33 AM

Default What kind of computer do you use to play Farm Town?

Don't know where to post this but can anyone tell me what kind of computer do you need to play farm town. I have a notebook was asking questions at a store was told farm town is not a normal game it is old which does answer my question lol would a gamer laptop make playing farm town faster for me? I am so tired of the lagging, the slow loading. Any ideas please and thank you.
Old Jul 12 2019, 03:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudnsassymommaCollar View Post
Don't know where to post this but can anyone tell me what kind of computer do you need to play farm town. I have a notebook was asking questions at a store was told farm town is not a normal game it is old which does answer my question lol would a gamer laptop make playing farm town faster for me? I am so tired of the lagging, the slow loading. Any ideas please and thank you.
Hi loudnsassymommaCollar,

I have moved your post to the social section so other members can tell you what they use to play Farm Town and their experiences with playing on them.
Old Jul 14 2019, 10:38 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I play on a Dell Inspiron 5566 with Windows 10. Not sure what the salesperson was trying to sell you, but it doesn't require and "special" computer.
Old Jul 15 2019, 09:29 PM

I play on a MacBook Air. I keep Flash and my computer upgraded. My service provider told me to reset my internet by unplugging it for 30 seconds once a month and it will run faster and it does.. Because it's important to me that the game runs smoothly, I dump the trash and delete all other unnecessary information. The game plays quite fast and I have no complaints
Old Aug 13 2019, 06:15 AM

Default HP Envy w 16 RAM

i use a HP Envy which i upgraded the RAM to 16 .. works great for Farm Town ... no problems with loading, i can open over 60 tabs when over stuffing animals sheds .. even heavy layered farms load easily

8 RAM is minimum needed for this game, however 12 or 16 works best especially if you Super Neighbor a lot or have layered farms

p.s. do not let a salesperson talk you into a 'gaming' computer it will make no difference on facebook games
Old Aug 16 2019, 12:08 AM

Yes, a gaming laptop would likely speed things up for you. However, there are many other things that can and do affect slow loading and lagging. So, before you go out and spend real money on a new computer, you may want to try some of the following:

1. Do you use a wireless router? if yes then try connecting directly to it with an ethernet cable.
2. What is your upload and download speeds from your ISP? Not sure? Try a speed test from this link - (removed outside link)
For comparison, my download speed is 7Mbps and my upload is .7Mbps. These are on a DSL and considered a slow connection - but it works well for me.
3. The more devices you have on line the slower the game will be for you. Same goes for numbers of neighbors on line in your area - there are times of day when your connection is faster and slower depending upon how many of these are on line.
4. Is your browser and flash up to date?
5. What other programs are running on your computer? Close the ones you aren't using.( spreadsheets, music, videos, etc.)
6. Only open additional tabs on FT when you really need to - then close them when you're finished with them.
7. Change your flash quality to low.
8. Only show what you want to see in your preferences. By this I mean if you are looking at trees to work do not show ponds or anything else. Some people even hide everything until they are on the farm then show what they want.
9. Do you have other browsers open to other sites? That will slow you down.
10. If the game gets slower as you are working farms try reloading the game and/or your browser. (many people will tell you to clear memcached but I myself find that unnecessary most of the time.)
11. Layered/Stacked farms will slow things down.
12. Having a bunch of animals on a farm that are NOT in sheds slows things down.

Hope some of these help.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 16 2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Removed outside link - not allowed