Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 30 2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef View Post
anyone else getting this message on Farm Town
YOU’RE TEMPORARILY BLOCKED
It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.
If you think that this doesn't go against our Community Standards, let us know.

ID number ( 727691242 )
Hi Keef....

I get this repeatedly from Facebook. These people haven't got a clue when it comes to playing a game. I think the original purpose of their process (started with a check to see if you are a bot and having you click on several instances of an item in photo clips, such a crosswalks or stoplights....and eventually goes to being temporarily blocked if you persist) is to a) stop bots (potentially malicious ones) from continuing and b) stop real users from spamming potentially hundreds of people because of sending the same message over and over again. These messages can be to your wall (for instance, if you level up 15-20 level in rapid succession AND post each levelling message on your wall for friends to see.....or.....if you are sending a lot (about 50) of identical messages to FB friends, for instance asking if they still playing Farmtown, in rapid succession.

Now that you have been blocked, I think it will be 48-72 hours before you are fully reinstated. You can send a message and tell them what you were doing (if you know/remember), and ask them to reinstate you now. It just depends on who gets your request. Some are hardliners who will go by the book and leave you blocked for the full length of time. Some will immediately reinstate you.

What gets me about this is that they don't get it OR they don't care that it is a normal part of a game. The rule is one size fits all. Whether you are malicious or not, posting game messages or not, everyone is lumped into the same punitive result.

Webs
Old Jan 30 2021, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Erickson View Post
ID#1716122981 01/30/2021 Booted me with Black screen error message telling me Chrome does not support WebGL. This has happen fast and Every time I go on. All settings on chrome are set.

2021-01-31 02:34:25.998 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-01-31 02:34:25.999 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-01-31 02:34:26.000 LOGSessionId: 302034
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.104 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!
Hi Bob,
Please try clearing your browser cache, close your browser and then reload your farms. Hopefully that will allow you into your farms.

If you haven't done these please try them:
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 30 2021, 11:09 PM

WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR! Black screen..1026515247438804 .. Thank you for helping
Old Jan 30 2021, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondajackson View Post
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR! Black screen..1026515247438804 .. Thank you for helping
HI Rhondajackson,
The only thing you can do right now to recover from this at the moment is to clear your browser cache, close your browser then reload your farms.

There is a closed thread with posts about this for the developers to look at to see if they can figure out a solution.

It appears this happens most when working on layered farms and the developers have not worked on that. The best thing for working on those is to turn off everything in the Show part of your preferences that you do not need for the current work. ALso make sure Show Coin and XP Animations and Show Feedback when Farming are unchecked as well.

The other thing to try is check the box for Compressed Graphics to use less memory.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 30 2021, 11:36 PM

Default problem with FT webgl

when I first logged on, everything was fine; into fishing on SN farm, screen went black and when I finally got on again, error was noted my browser did not support web GL. I have already finished 30 farms when this happened

2021-01-31 05:12:56.042 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized

Chrome/88.0.4324.104 Safari/537.36
Old Jan 30 2021, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybeejax View Post
when I first logged on, everything was fine; into fishing on SN farm, screen went black and when I finally got on again, error was noted my browser did not support web GL. I have already finished 30 farms when this happened

2021-01-31 05:12:56.042 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized

Chrome/88.0.4324.104 Safari/537.36
Hi Jaybeejax,
The only thing you can do right now to recover from this at the moment is to clear your browser cache, close your browser then reload your farms.

There is a closed thread with posts about this for the developers to look at to see if they can figure out a solution.

It appears this happens most when working on layered farms and the developers have not worked on that. The best thing for working on those is to turn off everything in the Show part of your preferences that you do not need for the current work. ALso make sure Show Coin and XP Animations and Show Feedback when Farming are unchecked as well.

The other thing to try is check the box for Compressed Graphics to use less memory.
Old Jan 31 2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Hi, thanks so much for getting super neighbour back. I can harvest and plough just fine, but when I go to sow it sows for about 3 chunks, then I get a whole block of floating 1xp and then the whole thing freezes up. I then reloaded ,went back to my super neighbour's farm, planted a bit more and it froze again etc. etc. No biggie, just thought you'd like to know. Oh yes, my super neighbour has layered crops, thought it might be that that's the problem. Stay safe everyone.
I too am experiencing this same thing.... exactly and this super neighbor is also layered. I do one other farm not layered and it's perfect
Old Jan 31 2021, 12:36 AM

Like others I am very grateful for the hard work you've done and continue to do. I understand very well that when things are rolled out there are problems that can't be foreseen and that it's almost like a game of whack-a-mole. That said here's my frustrating problem. (I clicked the link at the top of the page, this is where it landed me. Apologies if this is the wrong location.) First here's the information the box at the top of the game screen indicated was important.

1701960194--user #

2021-01-31 06:14:01.934 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-01-31 06:14:01.935 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-01-31 06:14:01.937 LOGSessionId: 302314
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.104 Safari/537.36

I am using Chrome and when the message first came up that my browser did not support WebGL I went to google. The recommendation I found was:
First--make sure that hardware acceleration was checked in the browser settings. It already was.
Second--goto chrome://flags, look for WebGL and make sure it is enabled. It was.
Third--restart browser to enact changes. I did.

It worked--for a time. Then I got a quick black screen, the game reloaded and the opening screen appeared with a message box above that said "your browser does not support WebGL" and the game refused to reload. I have gotten it to work for a time on Firefox and Edge with the same results. It works for a time, then goes toes up and dies.
I checked to see if the browser is up to date and got this message:

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I will continue to look for possible solutions on the net. In the meantime I wanted to notify the team of this problem. Maybe someone else is having it, maybe not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, warm regards....s.w.
Old Jan 31 2021, 01:06 AM

I forgot a step that I took--there was a direction to check the graphics feature status to make sure that hardware was accelerated after going to the "flags". (chrome://gpu) This is what I found. Not being a programmer most of the information doesn't make much sense to me but it appears that WebGL was started correctly.

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Thank you....sw
Old Jan 31 2021, 01:15 AM

The only thing I'm able to do is water and fertalize. Not plant or anything else :-(

Tags
black screen, web gl