Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17 2015, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Hi Taz, i put the individual's name in the top box, and Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box which said that this choice would not receive the post. When I attempted to type in "Show Wall Requests" in the 2nd box (not to be posted), the system would not accept this choice. I will post again to see what happens. When I attempt to post again, I just now put in the individual's name, and pulled up Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box. Before actually posting, I checked the setting and it said "All Friends" Needless to say I did NOT click on Share. The devs must be working on this right now because when I did this earlier, my friend's name showed up as the only person who would see this post. I will try again tomorrow.
Hi ckpeer,
You have to uncheck the box on the first pop up to keep it from going to the Show Farmtown Wall Requests to be able to limit to the one individual or group of individuals you want it to go to. And the only place they will see it is on their newsfeed or your time line. See the picture below.

Where the red cirle is you have to uncheck that box for it to only go to the individuals you want it to go to and it will only be seen on their Newsfeed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2015, 07:46 PM

the fix to the working factories didn't work - I unclicked the box and still had people going through - this is ridiculous - impossible to keep up with people just running through your farms
Old Nov 17 2015, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgg43king View Post
the fix to the working factories didn't work - I unclicked the box and still had people going through - this is ridiculous - impossible to keep up with people just running through your farms
Hi kgg,
On the second pop up did you change the security in the lower left corner to who you wanted it to go to? You have to uncheck the box and pick who it is to go to on their newsfeed on the second pop up.
We tested this among the moderators and the only ones that could see the post on the Newsfeed was the ones we set it to go to in the security. And none of us could see it on the Show Farmtown Wall Requests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ckpeer,
You have to uncheck the box on the first pop up to keep it from going to the Show Farmtown Wall Requests to be able to limit to the one individual or group of individuals you want it to go to. And the only place they will see it is on their newsfeed or your time line. See the picture below.

Where the red cirle is you have to uncheck that box for it to only go to the individuals you want it to go to and it will only be seen on their Newsfeed.
Thanks Taz, I am not sure why, but I did NOT get that pop up when I posted. Trust me, since this started, I have been VERY careful about reading each choice/pop-up carefully. I will try again in the morning. In the meantime, I will clear my cache, memcache, and restart my computer, so I have a better chance of getting that pop up tomorrow.
Old Nov 17 2015, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Thanks Taz, I am not sure why, but I did NOT get that pop up when I posted. Trust me, since this started, I have been VERY careful about reading each choice/pop-up carefully. I will try again in the morning. In the meantime, I will clear my cache, memcache, and restart my computer, so I have a better chance of getting that pop up tomorrow.
Hi ckpeer,
You always get that first pop up right after clicking on Produce Faster or Refer Clients. It may be that you are so used to clicking through that so fast that you don't think about seeing it. Up until now it was really not something we thought about.
Old Nov 17 2015, 08:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have noticed that the feature we are supposed to tick.. worked once but has not worked since.. memcache done.. no change.. also the mayor is not working correctly.. folk doing my facs are missing out on lots of facility products... he skipped 10 on one farm alone, that had 125 on it.. they had to manually click on each facility to open it..am sure this is just a glitch and will be fixed soon, I will post to my wall to let all of the rest of my friends know this also..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 17 2015, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I have noticed that the feature we are supposed to tick.. worked once but has not worked since.. memcache done.. no change.. also the mayor is not working correctly.. folk doing my facs are missing out on lots of facility products... he skipped 10 on one farm alone, that had 125 on it.. they had to manually click on each facility to open it..am sure this is just a glitch and will be fixed soon, I will post to my wall to let all of the rest of my friends know this also..
Hi Aussie Rae,
Which feature are you talking about ticking?

Some still have not realized when they do the facilities they do not need to click on the X to close a facility and go on to the next one. Clicking to work automatically goes on to the next facility. If they click the X too then they are actually closing the next facility without working it.
Old Nov 17 2015, 09:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
Which feature are you talking about ticking?

Some still have not realized when they do the facilities they do not need to click on the X to close a facility and go on to the next one. Clicking to work automatically goes on to the next facility. If they click the X too then they are actually closing the next facility without working it.
when we post and can untick that post for the farmtown wall, I posted for a few special people.. and I had to tell them to come back and rework to get ones the mayor missed.. one person actually unhid the facilities and just tried clicking on each one.. the facs did not open automatically for him..but I have warned all others so they know that they may not be getting the full numbers of products they usually get... down to around 19% now so there is not much left workwise.

Just wondering if I have confused the mayor as I have moved a few farms around, to make life easier for me when planting etc.. farm 17 on the grid has been exchanged with farm 19.. maybe thats why he can't work to his full potential, lol. Farm 19 ( in farm 17 spot on the grid is at 2% and farm 17 in farm 19 spot on the grid is at 20%)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Nov 17 2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old Nov 17 2015, 11:02 PM

I have one more question about this posting facility work so only you see it. What is the purpose of posting it that way, since you can not work your own facilities. I thought posting your facilities was so lots of people could work them.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Nov 17 2015, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I have one more question about this posting facility work so only you see it. What is the purpose of posting it that way, since you can not work your own facilities. I thought posting your facilities was so lots of people could work them.
Hi Tom,
That was just an example as it is a setting you can use for any posts in Facebook. It is a Facebook function and not just a Farm Town one. Maybe you want to upload a photo but only for your ownself. That way only you can see it.
However, you can also post your facilities to a select group of your friends/neighbors if that is what you want to do by using this same method and instead of Only Me you set it to a list you have created in Facebook or by adding the names individually.
Closed Thread