Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 07 2012, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
I agree with Aussie Rae, this game is broken and what is so annoying is developers wont address the problem. It is not my computer or internet provider, I have used diff computer and many diff browsers same thing, have no issues with anyother games in facebook that I play. this is a good concept but isnt working very well. I dont think the flash player can handle the big hit of the mayor working so many factories at once. Love the idea but if I dont hit save before the mayor works and right after he works I get white screen, or black screen. I clear files from flash many times a day. I dont want any suggestions on what I need to do to my computer, it is fine, your game is broke.
I am trying to figure out how data transfer is causing this problem? What the mayot is doing is nothing more than data transfer and the only part of that process that flash would be involved with would be to display the two messages from the mayor which is only one more than you would normally get and a whole lot less facility information displayed.
Mozilla and Adobe have both admitted it is a problem with them. What would you like Farm Town to do to fix their problem. We have been through this before with Adobe breaking the player.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 07 2012, 11:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

flash version 11.3.300.270 problems started first day of new release. windows 7, 64 bit. Problem happens when working factories. white out when doing factories for about the 5th farmer I work for, oftener if they have lots of factories on a farm. server wf9. By making previous statement I did not intend to start a verbal war in the form, was just making a statement.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 07 2012, 11:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Exactly !!!
Old Aug 08 2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepatches View Post
flash version 11.3.300.270 problems started first day of new release. windows 7, 64 bit. Problem happens when working factories. white out when doing factories for about the 5th farmer I work for, oftener if they have lots of factories on a farm. server wf9. By making previous statement I did not intend to start a verbal war in the form, was just making a statement.
it is funny that adobe has not listed the updates 11.3.300.270 and the one last week. 11.3.31.222 at all on their website. both of these did not have an uninstaller on the updater. so... you could have 11.3.300.268 and the newer two all three installed and working causing crashes. I'm stable on chrome with built in gone, and older ones disabled with only the 31.222 enabled.

There is or seems to be some bad code, as I tend to see lightning flash around the mayor pop up. yes, this is in flash... and can also cause mental issues with brain waves.

Warning and Bans can be popped up without an auto-clicker , or bot. there is many issues here for SK to fix. server is slower with the anti-bot then it was back in 2009 with the anti-layering watchdog. The farms are coming to a crawl when designing new farms putting in 10,000 trees. etc.
Old Aug 08 2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetBC View Post
YOU are very LUCKY IF ur's is working properly!!!!!! YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY-I can ASSURE YOU OF THAT!!! The GAME IS BROKEN and NEEDS to be FIXED ASAP!!!
Actually it's quite possible that the majority is having no problem with it. I've worked several neighbours farms now with the mayor taking over for me and I've had no problem at all, using both Firefox and Chrome. Those who find it works perfectly mostly don't come in to the forum to report this. I just spoke on facebook to some of my farmtown neighbours and had no problems with it reported. Obviously not all of them are on line at the moment, but rarely when I survey my neighbours do they have the problems and issues being reported in the forum.

As someone else said, it's a hit and miss problem. So often the problem is random and happening to a minority of players, so this makes it very difficult for anyone to pin point the problem and then to work out whether the problem is the game or something in the players' computer ... then to try to fix it.

Old Aug 08 2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Actually it's quite possible that the majority is having no problem with it. I've worked several neighbours farms now with the mayor taking over for me and I've had no problem at all, using both Firefox and Chrome. Those who find it works perfectly mostly don't come in to the forum to report this. I just spoke on facebook to some of my farmtown neighbours and had no problems with it reported. Obviously not all of them are on line at the moment, but rarely when I survey my neighbours do they have the problems and issues being reported in the forum.

As someone else said, it's a hit and miss problem. So often the problem is random and happening to a minority of players, so this makes it very difficult for anyone to pin point the problem and then to work out whether the problem is the game or something in the players' computer ... then to try to fix it.
Very very true I had probs yesterday morning then it righted itself - I also had problems on another game - with lots more elements moving on the screen. Today Im getting a flash of something as one player described here - it appears when any pop up happens - including one for bonuses.
So its intermittent - inconsistent and very difficult to pinpoint the problem I should imagine.

I have version 11,3,31,222 of the Flash player installed automatically by Chrome - the browser I use.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 08 2012, 06:36 AM
Account Not Linked

For Chrome I had to disable both of the following versions of Flash:

Version: 11.3.31.222
Version: 11,3,300,268
---------------------------
I am using version:

Version: 11,3,300,270

There is another game that I play that I need to use the right mouse button and with the other 2 versions enabled my right mouse button doesn't work.
Old Aug 08 2012, 08:28 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't post much but am also having the problem of shockwave crashing, usually when working other farms. First happened 2 days ago then today happened when doing my own farm however will try to exercise patience as I'm sure the 'experts' will fix this as soon as they can I'm no puter tech just an addicted FT player lol Thanks to the Devs for all the work they do, I appreciate it and thoroughly enjoy this game Happy farming!
Old Aug 08 2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetBC View Post
I along with MANY of my FARMTOWN NEIGHBORS have had PATIENCE for DAYS and DAYS NOW !! HOW LONG is long ENOUGH to WAIT without COMPLAINING??? Tell me that PLEASE!
I may be wrong, but I don't think you know much about computer code. They cannot read and edit (fix) code like when you edit a page of regular text. It can take quite some time.... weeks and even months. Do you think all these new features are created over night? They could have been working on code for the people for example for months before releasing them to the game. Every change in code can affect numerous other codes and if they make one change, it usually means they have to make a lot of changes. It's not easy or everyone would be doing it. Some fixes are simple, but many are not.
Old Aug 08 2012, 10:07 AM

Janet BC.....Here is a simple example of some programming code... can you make heads or tails of it? If so, bravo!

clrscr();
int gd=DETECT,gm,i=0;
detectgraph(&gd,&gm);
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"c:\tc\bgi");
rectangle(0,5,630,400);
rectangle(10,15,620,390);

settextstyle(1,0,1);
outtextxy(245,238,"DESIGNER");
while(!kbhit())
{
setcolor(i);
settextstyle(2,0,0);