Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 04 2021, 11:42 AM

Default Unable to open now

Ive been on earlier, but cannot get on now. On my facebook home page, farmtown is missing. I'm really getting fed up of this. Hilary
Old Mar 04 2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILARIOUS View Post
Ive been on earlier, but cannot get on now. On my facebook home page, farmtown is missing. I'm really getting fed up of this. Hilary
Hi HILARIOUS

We are aware that some farmers have not shortcuts in their home page, probably Facebook is doing some changes.

Please try clicking in Play FarmTown button at the upper right side of the forum.
Old Mar 04 2021, 06:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via Yahoo to sunNut

Hi, Tiger.

I just posted a new post with the reason why I can't access my account. Unfortunately, my "default" farm is set to 41 and there is nothing on it but a tiny field of Chia and few buildings. But the new message indicates that access to my account (except for returning gifts and unable to return lots of them.) is not located in a database.

I've checked the loading and working of WEB/GL and it works perfectly in 3d. I'm still having a problem...
Old Mar 04 2021, 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunNut View Post
Hi, Tiger.

I just posted a new post with the reason why I can't access my account. Unfortunately, my "default" farm is set to 41 and there is nothing on it but a tiny field of Chia and few buildings. But the new message indicates that access to my account (except for returning gifts and unable to return lots of them.) is not located in a database.

I've checked the loading and working of WEB/GL and it works perfectly in 3d. I'm still having a problem...
Hi SunNut,
You need to post that information here, not in a visitor message. We do not get any notification when you post visitor messages, nor can we move those to the closed thread for the developers to look into it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 04 2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi supertrucker,

Without you listing what you have already tried to resolve this, I may suggest something you have already done. As you are saying Chrome is a little slow as well as your issue with Firefox, I will just list what to try for both of them.

Please check that you have done:
  • all your software and driver updates on your computer
  • make sure that Chrome and Firefox are up to date and that hardware acceleration when available is enabled in the browsers
  • any extensions on the browsers that added, are disabled while you try to load the game.

If you make any changes to your browsers, please remember to close and reopen the browser to make sure those changes are saved and applied.

If you still have difficulties after that please go to the 1st post on page 1 of this thread. There is more information for you there so you can check what your computer has compared to what would provide optimal game play. There are also instructions for various issues depending on what you are seeing when you try to load the game and what is showing in the FT Console beneath the game screen when you try the different browsers.
chrome updates itself, so does firefox...

here's what's inside the metal box under my desk...

AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.20 GHz processor
4 GB RAM, 3.75 GB usable
64-bit operating system
Windows 7, Home Premium (CANNOT upgrade to Windows 10!)

Windows 7 is as upgraded as it's going to get, they're not offering anymore updates to it.

when i run Chrome, the game loads all the way, there's a little banner right under the chat/neighbors area that says

WebGL 1.0
WebGL MEM 104/256 MB
MANAGED MEM 77 MB
UNITY MEM 27 MB
VIDEO MEM 512 MB

underneath the farm screen, if i scroll down, the last 'checkpoint' is 75

when i try firefox, it freezes at the bright green screen, but it gets to checkpoint 75 as well.

what am i missing? firefox ran the game much faster than chrome, it offers more goodies than chrome too.

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Mar 04 2021, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
chrome updates itself, so does firefox...

here's what's inside the metal box under my desk...

AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.20 GHz processor
4 GB RAM, 3.75 GB usable
64-bit operating system
Windows 7, Home Premium (CANNOT upgrade to Windows 10!)

Windows 7 is as upgraded as it's going to get, they're not offering anymore updates to it.

when i run Chrome, the game loads all the way, there's a little banner right under the chat/neighbors area that says

WebGL 1.0
WebGL MEM 104/256 MB
MANAGED MEM 77 MB
UNITY MEM 27 MB
VIDEO MEM 512 MB

underneath the farm screen, if i scroll down, the last 'checkpoint' is 75

when i try firefox, it freezes at the bright green screen, but it gets to checkpoint 75 as well.

what am i missing? firefox ran the game much faster than chrome, it offers more goodies than chrome too.
Hi Supertrucker,
Try making sure that cookies and pop ups are alllowed for your Firefox by the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 07 2021, 12:43 PM

This may not be the place for this. Just wondering if or when we will be able to see who has worked on our farms, Also, if and when the trains and quests will return. Thank you very much.
Old Mar 07 2021, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny T View Post
This may not be the place for this. Just wondering if or when we will be able to see who has worked on our farms, Also, if and when the trains and quests will return. Thank you very much.
Hi Granny T,
We do not get advanced notice of when the developers will release more functions back into the game. You can find what is currently available and watch for any new releases in the first post of the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134
Old Mar 08 2021, 07:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i still cannot play on farmtown i tried everything

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 08 2021, 09:06 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punches1961 View Post
i still cannot play on farmtown i tried everything
Hi punches1961,

All your posts have been replied to, you have ben asked to supply more information. If you are not able to find your posts and the replies to them, it's worth you clicking on this link to help you with that: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

For your Loading issue:

If you have not already done so, please check that you have done all your updates on your computer and that your browsers you're using is up to date. If you have added any extensions to your browser that are enabled, please disable all of them while you try to load the game, so that you can eliminate those as causing any issues.

Then if you have not checked the 1st post on page one of this thread recently please go have a look at it. There is information and help for you there about computer requirements for optimal game play and what to try if your slow loading is caused by a slow internet connection or perhaps due to the amount of items on your farms.

If after doing those you still can not load the game, please list the following items in your post:
  1. Your USER ID
  2. What browser you are using and stage the game got stuck at loading - black, grey, white or green screen.
  3. What is showing in the FT Console log underneath the game for WebGL and GPU renderer and also the LAST Checkpoint in the log beneath the game.
  4. What kind of computer you are using, Windows or Mac and the version of operating software eg windows 10, macOS 11.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl