Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 06 2023, 01:30 PM

I have 3 farms on my computer, mine, grand daughter and wife. The emails are not correct, on 2, mine was ok, but no clue if verified. Come on FB make it easy and clear. WE did the links why ask again. this is poor. Put it back on the top of farm so we can all check before we do it again.

Last edited by dave1949; Mar 06 2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:33 PM

Just making sure I've done this right. I created and entered a password, then on the next screen, entered my email and re-entered the password. I didn't see a fly up, but I am somewhat ditsy and could have missed it. I think I'm fine, but would you confirm?
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:34 PM

Default Pop up

Farm town players have just received a pop-up telling us to register with them and give them our credentials--they want our passwords. I see someone answered people on here that it's legit but i don't know who they are that are answering. Can slashkey give up all an update to verify this is legit, please? Thanks! Love this game!
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
I have 3 farms on my computer, mine, grand daughter and wife. The emails are not correct, on 2, mine was ok, but no clue if verified. Come on FB make it easy and clear. WE did the links why ask again. this is poor
Hi Dave,
This is not a reuest by Facebook. It is from Farm Town and is for you to be able to log into the stand alone Farm Town website when it is available.
Please note that each of those accounts will have to have a different email and password. The emails they are showing in the form are the ones you linked to those accounts. If they are incorrect then you can change them when you fill out the forms.
The addition of a password is necessary to login to your farms as the email address alone will not work for the web site.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles1080 View Post
Farm town players have just received a pop-up telling us to register with them and give them our credentials--they want our passwords. I see someone answered people on here that it's legit but i don't know who they are that are answering. Can slashkey give up all an update to verify this is legit, please? Thanks! Love this game!
Hi Wiggles,

I am the one answering and I am the senior moderator for these forums for Farm Town/Slashkey. You would not see a pop up in the game itself unless it came from the game and Slashkey.
The only thing you are being asked to do is give an emal address as a username and a password to be able to log into the stand alone web site for playing the game when the site is ready.
We have asked for Raul to post in the News & Announcements section about this but he hasn't done so yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
Just making sure I've done this right. I created and entered a password, then on the next screen, entered my email and re-entered the password. I didn't see a fly up, but I am somewhat ditsy and could have missed it. I think I'm fine, but would you confirm?
Hi RoseArienh,
We have no way of confirming as yet. As long as you enter the information twice (both pop ups then it should be ok.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:45 PM

My email has been registered when you first requested it. Just got a notice to register again in case FT leaves FB. Do we still use the FB password for that too?
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em in Kansas View Post
My email has been registered when you first requested it. Just got a notice to register again in case FT leaves FB. Do we still use the FB password for that too?
Hi Auntie Em,
No you do not need to use your Facebook password for this. It will be a stand alone web site for playing the game and is not tied to Facebook in any way.
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:50 PM

So, in TEN YEARS when they FINALLY launch their direct Facebook competitor social network and our emails are obsolete we can still play FT?!!! Why not WAIT until REQADY to launch??!!!
Old Mar 06 2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Dave,
This is not a reuest by Facebook. It is from Farm Town and is for you to be able to log into the stand alone Farm Town website when it is available.
Please note that each of those accounts will have to have a different email and password. The emails they are showing in the form are the ones you linked to those accounts. If they are incorrect then you can change them when you fill out the forms.
The addition of a password is necessary to login to your farms as the email address alone will not work for the web site.
THx Taz, I meant FT. My point put our link info back at top of farm so be can check what we put, this may seem stupid but some of us are old. Also why take it down before a warning, come on FT give us a chance.

Tags
link email, login