Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2011, 09:26 PM

Thumbs down Red Sprinkler - great idea - falsely encouraged people to buy FC

I really like the idea of the red sprinkler...I actually asked for something like that a couple of years ago. BUT the way it is setup to work just isn't logical. Fine if you can water only 1 time per day, but the double growth speed should continue through that day so if you harvest before the day is up and plant again the new plantings are on double growth too. Not knowing when you can water again and it will double the growth again (no I don't get the time to water pop-up when I hover over the sprinkler) is extremely frustrating....the whole thing is just too complex of a system to actually increase the enjoyment of the game. Also, the initial description of how it worked wasn't clear enough. Had it actually said that the double growth didn't pass along to the next planting if you harvested before that 24 hours was over. If it had been clear how difficult of a tool it is to use and you really don't get 24 hours of double growth if you havest and replant within that 24 hours I doubt I would have actually spent money to buy the FC to buy both sprinklers. Double growth speed....great concept. How it was presented and how it actually works...this is the first time I actually feel ripped off in all of the times I have paid for FC. I'm thinking either you need to change it so that the double growth speed applies to everthing planted on that farm within that 24 hours or offer a cash refund for those of us who paid for the sprinklers and they aren't working as advertised.
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
You have to have the horses on the stable for it to show on the facility manager, it is the same as any other facility.... when you don't have corn or flour or whatever your facility disappears from the facility manager until you refill it again, so it is the same with the stables, either horse, cows, hens and llamas and sheep... if you don't have anything on them, it does not show on the facility manager...
I have 100 horses in my stables and 2 clydesdales on the farm...
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcr View Post
I really like the idea of the red sprinkler...I actually asked for something like that a couple of years ago. BUT the way it is setup to work just isn't logical. Fine if you can water only 1 time per day, but the double growth speed should continue through that day so if you harvest before the day is up and plant again the new plantings are on double growth too. Not knowing when you can water again and it will double the growth again (no I don't get the time to water pop-up when I hover over the sprinkler) is extremely frustrating....the whole thing is just too complex of a system to actually increase the enjoyment of the game. Also, the initial description of how it worked wasn't clear enough. Had it actually said that the double growth didn't pass along to the next planting if you harvested before that 24 hours was over. If it had been clear how difficult of a tool it is to use and you really don't get 24 hours of double growth if you havest and replant within that 24 hours I doubt I would have actually spent money to buy the FC to buy both sprinklers. Double growth speed....great concept. How it was presented and how it actually works...this is the first time I actually feel ripped off in all of the times I have paid for FC. I'm thinking either you need to change it so that the double growth speed applies to everthing planted on that farm within that 24 hours or offer a cash refund for those of us who paid for the sprinklers and they aren't working as advertised.
Also, I do remember reading that if we got the red sprinkler, that we would be able to water non-neighbors farms!!! What happened with that ..or did you make a boo boo releasing wrong info to soon??
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:55 PM

ok....heres how a humble colonial see's the new red sprinkler....

1 it can be used for ONE planting of crops PER FARM PER DAY (and does increase the crop maturation rate )
2 it also enables the speeded up growth of flowers (which only need irrigating once per day anyways

3 it was primarily designed to be used on 2 ,3 and 4 day crops (not so you can harvest a zillion raspberrys evrery hour ) of course it will work on shorter time crops but only at the usage rate in item 1

it allows the watering of non neighbours flowers but as stated does not increase the non neighbours crop maturation rate
It does work as advertised and is well worth the farmcash if used intelligently

and yes while i am here...THANKS RAUL for another great release keep em coming and may we please have a gift token system with an in game gift shoppe to redeem the tokens for what we really need/want

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009

Last edited by driverdave; Sep 01 2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old Sep 01 2011, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnig65 View Post
I have 100 horses in my stables and 2 clydesdales on the farm...
You will have to take the horses out of the stable, move the stable to storage, refresh your game, put the stable back on the farm and reload the horses. The same thing happened with those who had the rabbit hutch before it became a facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 01 2011, 10:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
ok....heres how a humble colonial see's the new red sprinkler....

1 it can be used for ONE planting of crops PER FARM PER DAY (and does increase the crop maturation rate )
2 it also enables the speeded up growth of flowers (which only need irrigating once per day anyways

3 it was primarily designed to be used on 2 ,3 and 4 day crops (not so you can harvest a zillion raspberrys evrery hour ) of course it will work on shorter time crops but only at the usage rate in item 1

it allows the watering of non neighbours flowers but as stated does not increase the non neighbours crop maturation rate
It does work as advertised and is well worth the farmcash if used intelligently

and yes while i am here...THANKS RAUL for another great release keep em coming and may we please have a gift token system with an in game gift shoppe to redeem the tokens for what we really need/want
I actually resent the implication that the desire to use the red sprinkler for crops of less than 2 days of growth time indicates lack of intelligence. If, in your opinion, it works well, that is strictly an opinion. There is no question that it is frustrating to use, even with a 2-day (20-hour) crop. Either it should irrigate newly-planted crops with no time restriction or at the VERY least match the time in terms of FarmTown days. I saw something about mousing over it to find out when you can water again, but I am not getting that. As I stated in a previous post, you can't even replant a 2-day (20-hour) crop and irrigate it right away. You have to wait 4 hours. Makes no sense. It needs tweaking, and the more people state that, perhaps the more likely it is to happen. If you're perfectly happy with it, that's great, but I don't think you need to disrespect the opinions of others.
Old Sep 01 2011, 10:29 PM

I have to agree with you... When I hover I don't see a clock or timer... I just for the first time planted my farm 11 and had not used the sprinkler... why would I? the farm was not in existence... and it tells me that I can only water once a day.... Ok... so if I had not ever watered it..... why can't I water?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2891&farm_ix=Y
Old Sep 01 2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
I actually resent the implication that the desire to use the red sprinkler for crops of less than 2 days of growth time indicates lack of intelligence. If, in your opinion, it works well, that is strictly an opinion. There is no question that it is frustrating to use, even with a 2-day (20-hour) crop. Either it should irrigate newly-planted crops with no time restriction or at the VERY least match the time in terms of FarmTown days. I saw something about mousing over it to find out when you can water again, but I am not getting that. As I stated in a previous post, you can't even replant a 2-day (20-hour) crop and irrigate it right away. You have to wait 4 hours. Makes no sense. It needs tweaking, and the more people state that, perhaps the more likely it is to happen. If you're perfectly happy with it, that's great, but I don't think you need to disrespect the opinions of others.
Missed my point...... i wasnt imputing a lack of intelligence at all and if you read the post fully you will see that i did say it can be used on less than 2 dayers but only as allowed in item 1 i.e one use per farm per day .
the mouseover isnt working but given that we know its only allowed one use per farm per day that should not be a problem
when i said used intelligently it was more of a '' plan ahead and make the best use of this item ""
and as far as the timing thng goes it has long been a whinge of a lot of people that the farmtown day didnt match the realtime day......what may have been better is just to quote the crop times in hours only or hours and minutes as it seems decimals are too hard for people to work out and i was in no way disrespecting the opinions of others and its not my fault if others get that impression ..... i named no names and quoted no quotes in that post so dont go pickin on me dearie its my opinion and some clarification as i see it for informational purposes

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 01 2011, 10:45 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for all the improvements. My favorite is the red sprinkler. This will help with getting farther as with facilities timing. Am still adjusting to the new levels of production. I am very dyslexic and have a hard time with spelling. Math is the worst. So I appreciate you doing most of the work.
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Red sprinkler

Please give me the other sprinkler back.. I now find myself using the water can to water my flowers If I dont want to water the crop. I would like the option to use either sprinkler. Call me old or stupid but I really fell like I took a step backwards with this only red sprinkler option. I love how we can speed up the crops but I really like to water flowers when they need it and not speed up a crop that I do not plan on staying up all night to harvest. betweeen facebook taking away game stories and posting everything we are doing im getting lost confused and depressed over all this.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread