Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2010, 09:04 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlbs View Post
Cool upgrades. Now that we have modern stuff, when do we get to see modern cars? All we have is vintage cars but we have solar panels and big rigs and facilities. Time to modernize the vehicles!!!
Yeah, can I have an Audi Sports Car please?

Old Jun 08 2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
It's not necessarily the game causing your loading problems. It's just that it requires pretty high powered computers. I have a friend with the same complaints as yours, and blamed the game, but when I invited her to come and log into her farm on my computer she couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. Now her poor husband is probably being nagged to death for a new computer upgrade
I agree with my new computer I find it loads very fast. I haven't had anything drag at all and I have a lot of animals on my farm.
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
I have a question ..I was thinking about getting the 2 winery things but the purple grapes are ready in 4 hrs and u have 4 hrs to harvest...thats not enuff time..wonder if ur not here..most people sleep 8 hrs or work 8 hrs..then u will lose ur crops...can you move the time up to a day like the green grapes???
LOL - sorry, but you can't possibly be addicted enough When we started we had no raspberries and couldn't be hired to plow, so we grew grapes by the thousand. My friend and I would sit up very late, plant our grapes, then leap out of bed before the total of 8 hours were up and run to harvest our grapes before they died, and before starting work. In the big scheme of things, breakfast and morning showers came a poor second and third to harvesting our grapes

Old Jun 08 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
It's not necessarily the game causing your loading problems. It's just that it requires pretty high powered computers. I have a friend with the same complaints as yours, and blamed the game, but when I invited her to come and log into her farm on my computer she couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. Now her poor husband is probably being nagged to death for a new computer upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saylorgirl View Post
I agree with my new computer I find it loads very fast. I haven't had anything drag at all and I have a lot of animals on my farm.
Hmmm I wonder if the local computer shop will take farm coins ....
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:18 PM

Hi
You rock farm town. You are the only game I have spent real money on, it keeps getting better and better, you will though need to keep adding more levels and also more farms or expansions on farms might be a better option for more room. thanks guys for listening to everybody's suggestions..
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hmmm I wonder if the local computer shop will take farm coins ....
Nope, I think it would probably only take Farm Cash as a possible way to rescue us from our hopeless addiction

Old Jun 08 2010, 09:25 PM

this is the only farm game that actually behaves like a proper farm... should know come from one, it is my way of dealing with the withdrawel symtoms...lol....but oh so much easier than a real farm...why love it so much
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:32 PM

Although I still get a little persnickety threat to shut down IE8 and a message to uninstall Flash Plasher and reinstall (which I've already done), I haven't gotten NEARLY the annoying freezing and crashing that I used to get since Comcast switched from McAfee to Norton as their Security provider. I would NEVER want to be hired by anyone because I would always freeze and lock up (especially in large screen). There could be other programs conflicting...NOT saying McAfee did, but I noticed a huge improvement in the way FarmTown behaved after I got rid of it.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
Oh, and having the winery is clever. And if there are kids, let them learn that grapes can be for juice, or for wine, or for fruit cocktail -- they have to learn how to use the produce they have raised. They get to make the choices. Good stewardship. And they cant "drink" virtual wine -- so what is the problem??? This complaint is a bit of a stretch I think -- desperate for something to complain about, are we????

I would be more concerned that kids know what to do when they go to the store with you and you go down the "wine and spirits" aisle. Do you blindfold them?????
Actually I wasn't complaining, just wondering if some might think it inappropriate. Personally, I don't think so, but, in some areas some people are overly (overly in my opinion) sensitive about such things. Glad to see, from comments here, that we're a pretty open-minded group
Old Jun 08 2010, 09:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Apparently the case since I have had no loading problems with my Macbook Pro. Everything loads quite quickly, my farms and others I've worked at or visited. Have never tried playing FT on my older iBook G4, but imagine it would be noticeably slower since other graphics intensive aps are..
Closed Thread