Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Wall Request Issues

Wall Request Issues

Most posting using the Website does not post to Facebook!
You can post your facility work requests to Facebook.

Remember - not every farmer you have as a Neighbour/Buddy may have a Facebook account to be able to see the posts on Facebook or they may not be your Facebook Friends.

Show Facility Wall Requests is where Facility Posts will be. You do NOT see your own posts there!

Show Other Wall Requests is where all the other posts will be like requesting ingredients, posting bonuses etc. You do NOT see your own posts there!

Please make sure that you have read the information in the Web Guide to see what differences there are now that you are playing Farm Town on the Website!

Thank you!

Finding Farm Town Posts:

To get to the Wall Request pages click on "My Requests" tab at the top of the game screen.
You will be shown the Facility Wall Requests by default.
If you want to see the Other Wall Requests, click on the blue Other Wall Requests text which is a link and you will then see things like bonuses, ingredients, requested gifts etc..
If you want to return to the Facility Wall Requests, click on the blue Facility Wall Requests text and you will be shown your neighbour and buddies facility work requests again.

One suggestion when working with the Wall Requests if you want to work on a request, right click on the blue link to the right of what you are wanting to do, then click on "open link in new tab". This will open the work request in a new tab for you to work it. This way once you are done with which ever request you are working all you have to do is to close that tab and you still have the wall requests open in the previous tab so you can work the next one.

Any posts with a pink background are ones already worked.

If your posts are NOT showing up for your friends in Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests please check that you are on either their Neighbour List or on their Buddy List.

If you want to see their posts then you need to do the same, make sure that they are on either your Neighbour List or on your Buddy List.

How to post or prevent some purchases posting to Other Wall Requests:

If you do not wish to post every single Farm Cash purchase or Land Upgrade to Other Wall Requests you do not have to, especially if you are planning on buying multiple farms/farm upgrades or facilities in a short space of time!!

With land upgrades there are 2 popups.
The first popup asks you to confirm that you are purchasing for the correct farm:

Click the Green check mark to continue with the purchase OR click on the Red X to cancel purchasing.

Once purchased, you will see the 2nd popup which does two things. It confirms what farm upgrade you bought AND asks you if you want to share it with your friends, meaning that you have a choice to post the purchase to Other Wall Requests or not..

Example of the 2nd popup:

To post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Green check mark.

If you do NOT want to post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Red X instead.

With Farm Cash Purchases like facilities, tools, you can still proceed with the purchase and you do not have to post it to other wall requests. This can be handy when buying multiples of the same facility.
When you click on a Facility or Tool to Buy and place it on your farm, the purchase has already been made.

Then you will see ONE popup. This popup is only asking you if you want to share it with your friends, meaning that you have a choice to post the purchase to Other Wall Requests or not....

Example of a purchase popup:

To post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Green check mark.

If you do NOT want to post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Red X instead.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 20 2023 at 07:35 PM.
Old Feb 25 2021, 08:38 PM

Arrow Posting for ingredients

I cannot post to Facebook asking for people to send me ingredients to make things in Facilities.
Old Feb 25 2021, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
I cannot post to Facebook asking for people to send me ingredients to make things in Facilities.
Hi Lisa,
Make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed for your browser by the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also note there is a limit to 5 ingredient posts per 12 hour period. Even if you opened one and changed your mind or you didn't get the pop up to post to Facbook it does count toward the 5 as it will go to the My Requests tab for those any way.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 01 2021, 07:47 PM

Default Posting Facilities

I have been trying for the last week to find out
why I can't post facilities
What am I suppose to see when I click produce Faster
and is there anywhere I can see the post

Regards Lindsay
Old Mar 01 2021, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay63 View Post
I have been trying for the last week to find out
why I can't post facilities
What am I suppose to see when I click produce Faster
and is there anywhere I can see the post

Regards Lindsay
Hi Lindsay,
You can see what you should see and how to do it in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

The first pop up is to send the request to the Farmtown Wall Requests. When you click on the green check then a second pop up will show for posting your request to your Facebook timeline and your friends newsfeed.

The only place you will be able to see the post is on your own newsfeed or timeline in Facebook. You can not see your post in the wall requests, but your neighbors can see it there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 02 2021, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lindsay,
You can see what you should see and how to do it in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

The first pop up is to send the request to the Farmtown Wall Requests. When you click on the green check then a second pop up will show for posting your request to your Facebook timeline and your friends newsfeed.

The only place you will be able to see the post is on your own newsfeed or timeline in Facebook. You can not see your post in the wall requests, but your neighbors can see it there.
Hi Taz D

I don't get the second pop up and never have and I could post before change over. I have pop ups and redirects set as allow, I have all posting setting as Friend to see
Old Mar 02 2021, 04:39 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay63 View Post
Hi Taz D

I don't get the second pop up and never have and I could post before change over. I have pop ups and redirects set as allow, I have all posting setting as Friend to see
Hi lindsay63,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Are you trying to post while using Full Screen mode?
Is it happening with other facilities or just a specific facility? If it's only a specific facility please let us know which ones. If it's only facilities on a specific farm, can you spot what is different between that farm and one you can post from, for example is that farm set as a Quest or Private Farm?

Along with allowing popups and redirects, have you also checked if your browser is up to date and that 3rd party cookies are allowed in your browser? If you're not sure how to check the cookies, please click on this link and then go to the post about cookies. Along with the instructions for allowing popups and redirects are the instructions to check if cookies are allowed or blocked and also how to add just the ones needed for Farm Town to exceptions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Please also check if you have any extensions added to your browser that are enabled and disable those while you try this to rule out any of them as being a possible cause.

If you make any changes to your browser, please remember to close and reopen your browser to make sure the settings are saved before tying again.

If those are all fine and you have another browser to try, please check the settings and extensions there and then try that browser.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 02 2021 at 06:12 AM.
Old Mar 02 2021, 02:08 PM

Don't know what I did but something in Chrome was causing the problem
I think it might have been flash lurking in the background

Thanks for help
Old Mar 18 2021, 07:29 AM

Default Oops

I am probably posting in the wrong place so please move for me.

When working neighbors factories it scrolls across the screen saying products sent to my storage and then immediately says Oops already worked this factory. This happened about a week ago and then all worked fine until today when i am getting it again on just a COUPLE of neighbors.

**Country Girl**
User ID. 100000020293728

Last edited by *Country Girl; Mar 18 2021 at 07:41 AM. Reason: forgot id number then wrong id number
Old Mar 18 2021, 08:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Country Girl View Post
I am probably posting in the wrong place so please move for me.

When working neighbors factories it scrolls across the screen saying products sent to my storage and then immediately says Oops already worked this factory. This happened about a week ago and then all worked fine until today when i am getting it again on just a COUPLE of neighbors.

**Country Girl**
User ID.1792538784
Hi Country Girl,

There's a couple of possibilities.

You have already worked some of those products in a facility or on that farm but not all of them, so you're getting products for what hasn't been worked before and an already done for those already worked. That may be due to the farm owner not starting/loading all the products in all facilities first time round so My Requests may still show the facility work without a pink background. You can't always tell just by looking in My Requests if that's what has happened in all the different browsers there are. In some browsers you may see that the link isn't blue any more but is a different colour and when you work it again you get products that you didn't get the first time round.

Or it may be due to not having a minimum of an 8 hour break from working anyone's facilities at all. When that happens and the request doesn't have a pink background, you're only getting products for ones not already worked since you last had the 8 hour break from not working any facilities at all and not the rest. If it's this one, without the show times available to use yet, you just have to make sure you have that 8 hour break before you work anyone's facilities the following day.

You can run memcache if you wish and also double check that all aspects of the date and time are still showing correct on your computer to make sure there's no stray data or time issues that might cause a problem. I can see that you know how to run memcache so I've not included the link or instructions in this post.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests