Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 09:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down new version is horrible and SLOOOOWWWWW

I'm sorry but this new version stinks because everyone starts harvesting or plowing in the same area. It's frustrating when you are working on an area and someone takes it over because they were closer. I am having ahard time keeping workers to finish the job.

Please return to other version,. It was so much faster and more enjoyable. I think you will be finding a lot less people playing because of this change. Also, the new large graphic is annoying while working on a farm. The older version is much more efficient and I have never had a problem with lost coins or xp points.

Not a lot of people post in these forums so it might be a better idea to get a true feel if you go into the marketplace and see what people are saying. The majority are not happy. Granted there are some who like it but I think you are going to find a decrease in the number of players if this new version is kept.

Thank you
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation NEW great suggestion to help everyone.....

I have a great suggestion that would help appease all. Make an option to Fire people!! You could have a little icon of Donald Trump pointing and saying "You're Fired!"

This would allow people to rid their farm of random clickers! Also you can go back to the version where you don't have to wait forever for your avatar to get to a new area.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:19 AM
Account Not Linked

First of all, let me say I've loved Farmtown,,,,up until this point. I have read many opinions and views of how this new way is "improved" and have tried to be understanding of everyone's views. I have always been a curteous harvester/plower, and watch the squares around me to try and not invade other peoples areas. But I have to say, the slowness of this new change is very frusterating. I can't even move 3 squares ahead of my avatar without getting those annoying, "Wait, I'm Busy" messages, then I have to constantly backtrack to get all the squares I missed due to the slowness. It takes twice as long to harvest/plow now. It's not worth it. If this is the only way to fix the hiring problems, i guess I'll have to deal with it. But is it worth it if it takes me a 1/2 hour to do 10 or 15 min worth of work now? I used to love how I could just pop into FT on a break, or duing lunch to get some work done, but now I can't afford the extra time. FarmVILLE is now faster than FarmTOWN and I find myself utilizing that application more now. Yes, it's a game, but people have the right to enjoy the fastness of the way it used to be and not be criticized. I'm not sure why one would want it to be slower? I've never run into people trying to cut in front of me while working a field, and if so, so what? There are many people waiting to hire workers. It's better than waiitng for my avatar to catch up and backtracking.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Great, I really believe I didn't get all my points this morning. I should have gone up a level. I have 1500 plots and I only went up 3400 points and I had them all harvested and plowed this morning and then I reseeded. This way is definitely out now for me. I even plowed some on someones field this morning.
I see now what is wrong. I could swear I seeded my second farm, but it is not seeded. So at least I didn't really lose any points, just time. I could swear I seeded it while I was waiting for the person to finish plowing my first farm, but I could be wrong. I will go back and seed it "again". Sorry for an incorrect post.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER22 View Post
Personally I am very disappointed in the new "harvesting/plowing when hired" method. If it was supposed to solve "collision" issues...now I often collide with myself. My own avatar gets in my way. I find myself becoming frustrated because I have to slow down and/or change direction.
Through experience I have built up my speed and ability to do a job well done. Now you are trying to equalize everyone?? What politically correct government has taken over Farmtown?
In my opinion a MUCH SIMPLER solution to the so-called problem would have been to LIMIT THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES that an employer can hire at any given time. NOT continue the ridiculous practice of allowing the hiring of a boatload of people to work one farm. All that animation bogs down pcs anyway.
But if this change is inevitable...WHY does it apply when we work for our neighbors and buddies??? That needs to be fixed!
Also, if we are supposed to click on fields close to our avatar...do you realize we all enter a farm at the same point of entry? Are we not still going to collide???
I am not able to click so slowly. It's boring. No challenge left in playing the "game". Games are about competition. I am being punished for becoming skilled at playing. Thus I will no longer go to the Market Place seeking employment. I will find another game with which to spend my free time.
One last note...I am also now "colliding" with the gigantic cursors? A bag of seed bigger than a 4 square? Geezz. I don't get the reasoning for that at all.
Excellent point...Employee limit....I hate it when I go in a small farm and there are 10 people ther just clickin away...I usually leave......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmalika View Post
I have a great suggestion that would help appease all. Make an option to Fire people!! You could have a little icon of Donald Trump pointing and saying "You're Fired!"

This would allow people to rid their farm of random clickers! Also you can go back to the version where you don't have to wait forever for your avatar to get to a new area.
I have been a big fan of a FIRE button....I would use it for sure....
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default sadly disappointed in the "update"

Couple of things really here... the first is that it is now incredibly slower for me to get any thing done on WMF1. I thought it was so slow I no longer had a saving problem but that isn't true either. I just have to painfully wait for the avatar to do one field at a time even standing next to the fields. Also, the new Icons are about 500% too big and get in the way of trying to work all by them selves. You could REALLY tune down the size and activate at least limited field queing.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Julia2654

I just tested it out. No problem, and I had a blast with the farmer that I was working for. Sure, it's slower. But I always know where my avotard is now, my xp and coins are right on, and guess what --- folks need to be careful what they ask for -- they just might get it!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:32 AM

Thumbs up Use the save button

for those complaining about losing coins and points.. did you notice the saveutton... i have found that after about every 100 fields i use the disk button and i dont seem to lose any of my points or coins... make use of it thats what they gave it to us for... it may take a second to use but its better than losing... besides do you really need to be that greedy that you cant take the time to use it
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:34 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:36 AM

I like the new method, if you harvest or plow in an organised way - which I always have - it's just as quick as it was before, if not quicker, and all the people who just click all over the place can't do it anymore. I p[ersonally hope it doesn't get changed back as it's far better. The one thing I do hate though it the new big cursor icons, they're horrid.
Closed Thread