Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 09 2010, 07:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Hello, its just great with all the new updates!! YeePee!!
NOW, when I go to hire people to fish they are frowning on it, and many are saying they don't benefit, cuz they don't get xp points.
They don't like to do flowers, fish or do trees, cuz they don't get xp points,
MY question is, or suggestion is maybe they can get xp points according to the quantity of flowers, fish or trees done.
Just offering some idea.
Love ya guys, you are the bomb!!
Old Jun 09 2010, 07:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenda View Post
see here

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=219

I don't know of a convenient spot with this info, perhaps it could be a chapter in the game guide...
We are in the works of a chapter in the game guide, but as you see, we are a small(er) mod team now....the info is in the help and support official thread regarding levels as well.
Old Jun 09 2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
I have meet a number of very nice people. While a lot of people, including me most of the time interact in the way that you have described, but the opportunity to learn and interact with others is still there to use for those who chose to use it.
Most of my Buddies and some of my now neighbours began as strangers who hired me when I first started, and now I have some new friends all over the world. We may not talk often, but we all enjoy the occasional catch while we play Farm Town together.

Old Jun 09 2010, 08:40 PM
Account Not Linked

What about NOT allowing us to send or to receive gifts unless we "Invite" no Farmtown players? This regulation makes "playing" a hassle and it is not fun anymore. Is there another way of getting or sending "the gifts?"
Old Jun 09 2010, 09:22 PM

the harvesters share of the crop shouldn't come from the hire-ers takings, the mayor should be paying it. I haven't been able to check, but I have a feeling that what is happening is you need to refresh for everything to show up, those lingering fields will show as harvested and appear in your storage when you have refreshed
Old Jun 09 2010, 09:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks I just needed clarification on how that was supposed to work.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 09 2010, 10:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenda View Post
the harvesters share of the crop shouldn't come from the hire-ers takings, the mayor should be paying it. I haven't been able to check, but I have a feeling that what is happening is you need to refresh for everything to show up, those lingering fields will show as harvested and appear in your storage when you have refreshed
I can just as easily do my own plowing and harvesting. The only reason I ask if others want to do those chores is to give them, especially the lower ranked players, a few extra coins here and there. There are times when I wish I had not hired anyone because they make such a mess of it especially the "scatter" workers who leave a dozen or more unworked plots because they are careless. So If it comes out of my share I will start to do it myself again. Can we get a definite answer on how this is programmed?

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 09 2010, 11:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Wink Plonk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
All I bought was the Winery and I plant the grapes and make the wine - it does come in containers and I just go sell it. I don't have enough FC for a facility.
I guess you need a winery? And you need to grow purple and green grapes to make the wine.
I sell the cheap stuff
Hey, there's always a market for "plonk"...prolly a bigger market, truth be told, than for the good stuff - LOL.
Old Jun 09 2010, 11:44 PM

the 10% thing isn't very accurate. I have a 15 field area of grape tomatoes. Twice it has been harvested and the harvester has not received any, yet with my four cabbage fields they have received 2! I will be paying closer attention to harvesting, I need every harvest I can get so I am not really wanting to give it away just so I don't have to click so much.
Old Jun 10 2010, 12:25 AM

Here is a quote from the announcement:
"When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor (not from the harvest of the employer) will compensate you with a share of the products"

So it is not suppose to be coming from the person doing the hiring. Didn't check myself to see if it was working like it was suppose to or not.
Closed Thread