Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 11 2016, 12:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Lightbulb We need new challenges in the game

It is getting boring now... all we do is seed harvest and plow.. fill and empty facilities. harvest trees and fish. and we have so many farms.

Great game but need something new... some challenges in the game.. eg stock exchange so depending on how much products being sold or bought that prices should drop when there is a glut if to much of the same product being sold.

Or x amount of uses of tools.. efficiency goes down by 20% until send tool to mechanic shop to be repaired that will need x amount of coins and a few hours to be 100% again.

or random weather - sunny day rainy day and snow day
eg if depending on the weather if you seed or harvest. you may seed on a sunny day.. but when you go to harvest.. you if it raining you may want to delay harvest till a sunny day or if harvest is near waste harvest rather loose all the harvest..
Sunny day - seed or harvest 100%
rainy day - if seeded or harvested only 70% crop value
Snow day no seed or harvest allowed.

The game has gone past the point of more farms and higher levels... many have played farmtown for many years and need some new excitement and change in the game.
Old Mar 11 2016, 12:26 AM

hi ......... i like that we are getting great variaty of resturants ........ we need an increase in production for chicken an red meat ........

love the game

Earl
Old Mar 11 2016, 03:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
It is getting boring now... all we do is seed harvest and plow.. fill and empty facilities. harvest trees and fish. and we have so many farms.

Great game but need something new... some challenges in the game.. eg stock exchange so depending on how much products being sold or bought that prices should drop when there is a glut if to much of the same product being sold.

Or x amount of uses of tools.. efficiency goes down by 20% until send tool to mechanic shop to be repaired that will need x amount of coins and a few hours to be 100% again.

or random weather - sunny day rainy day and snow day
eg if depending on the weather if you seed or harvest. you may seed on a sunny day.. but when you go to harvest.. you if it raining you may want to delay harvest till a sunny day or if harvest is near waste harvest rather loose all the harvest..
Sunny day - seed or harvest 100%
rainy day - if seeded or harvested only 70% crop value
Snow day no seed or harvest allowed.

The game has gone past the point of more farms and higher levels... many have played farmtown for many years and need some new excitement and change in the game.
I think your trying to turn this into a clone of another game that people played.. I am quite happy with the way things are... can do my farmtown work and then have the rest of the day off for real life...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 11 2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannine_p View Post
ok, i gotta ask, what am i missing with the dead roses pots? is it some mystical thing??
Me too! Been playing for years but never come across the obsession

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Mar 11 2016, 05:30 AM

Not very sure this future Neighborhood Chains Contest is such a good idea.
Farm Town is liked because there is no competitive issues involved in it.
Bringing in such could damage it severely. For one some people have over a hundred neighbours, some are lucky to be able to even reach 30.yet they manage to keep up there.but creating something where there is no hope for certain groups to win will certainly bring in frustration and contempt. I for one will not be even interested in it
Old Mar 11 2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I think your trying to turn this into a clone of another game that people played.. I am quite happy with the way things are... can do my farmtown work and then have the rest of the day off for real life...

I have been playing for almost 7 years....

and NOW you tell me that this in NOT REAL LIFE !!!!

Oh ****, I mean crop....
Old Mar 11 2016, 10:20 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess who View Post
Bringing in such could damage it severely. For one some people have over a hundred neighbours, some are lucky to be able to even reach 30.yet they manage to keep up there.but creating something where there is no hope for certain groups to win will certainly bring in frustration and contempt. I for one will not be even interested in it
I'm reserving judgment until I see it implemented, but I do hope it has an opt-out feature for those who don't want to participate (or maybe an opt-in for those who do?). I'd hate to bring my neighborhood's score down by not wanting to play.
Old Mar 11 2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannine_p View Post
ok, i gotta ask, what am i missing with the dead roses pots? is it some mystical thing??
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerWitch View Post
Me too! Been playing for years but never come across the obsession

I know a lot of people who design their farms use them somehow. Not sure but I have seen poodles they designed with the dead roses as fur. Maybe an designer will chime in here.
Old Mar 11 2016, 12:12 PM

Awesome release.....am looking forward to seeing the neighbor game.

I do have one problem. I planted 6 farms with Collard Greens. My super neighbor harvested them and told me she was done so I could go post my bonus. I am at the 7th on these now and have not got the pop up to post. I saw it saying the yellow and blue were done but nothing since. Not fair cause I didn't do it myself????
Old Mar 11 2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess who View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I'm reserving judgment until I see it implemented, but I do hope it has an opt-out feature for those who don't want to participate (or maybe an opt-in for those who do?). I'd hate to bring my neighborhood's score down by not wanting to play.
Reserving judgement also....if there is no opt out to people who do not want to play it can bring it down for all who do.....UNLESS it helps those who do to win and get the prize cause fewer are playing. Hmmmmm...just have to wait and see.
Closed Thread