Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2012, 01:12 PM

same with the flower harvester if hired only to do flowers, the tool will not show up
Old Dec 24 2012, 01:41 PM

Default Reward for working entire farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb-3 View Post
having the chest is great but why is it not for doing the whole farm? I have worked for farmers who have hired other workers and they jump from farm to farm getting the crop and leaving things such as fishing etc for others to do. The same goes when I hire for my farms they do what they want and leave ( I usually hire one person for all farms ) If you can not do what you were hired to do on that farm why should you be rewarded?
I have to agree. I hired in the MP this morning... one person for all my farms. There were crops, trees to shake and chop, fish, and flowers. The person ran through all the crops, did a few trees here and there... just enough to mess up my scheduling of course, and then left. Why reward sloppy work?

I ended up having to go through and finish up everything else.

One thing that would help a lot would be to separate the "Harvest trees and crops" so that we could hire for just tree shaking alone.
Old Dec 24 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Summarising irrigation is much more complex than summarising fertlisation. A farm is either fertilised or not fertilised, but a farm can have some elements that are still irrigated and some that have been harvested and therefore are not.

What if a farm has one tree that was irrigated a week ago and hasn't been harvested? What if a farm has some crops that are irrigated and some not? Would it be better to show farms that have been irrigated in the last 20 hours, or farms that have not (and therefore can be irrigated)?

No matter how the farm's situation is summarised, it will likely be misleading or won't meet someone's need, and I think this is why we don't have an irrigation symbol for the farm selector.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Dec 24 2012, 05:20 PM

Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update.
Old Dec 24 2012, 07:23 PM

I just realized I get a bonus for plowing my own field. hmm
Old Dec 24 2012, 09:00 PM

Is anyone else not getting their coins when they sell their products? I just got shorted 213Million coins ....
Old Dec 25 2012, 02:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I was hired to do multiple tasks. The farm had flowers and trees, trees were not ready so I hid them. I started harvesting flowers, it was very tedious. Then, suddenly, wheat was ready, it sprouted up through the flowers. So I had to harvest crops and flowers, and the wheat was layered and overlapping. I have no idea how the farmer did this. after two hours, I realized I was never going to get the bonus, as I was only halfway through. Then, I wasn't even getting COINS, because every tile I clicked on said "already done" - I think because there were crops, flowers, and trees (and more crops) layered on each tile. What a mess, and a waste of time. I got paid for about half the work I did, but didn't finish, so I had 400,000 coins bonus I walked away from.
Just wanted to give an example of WHY some workers will leave a job unfinished.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2012, 09:56 AM

That may be true Daisy but I have had people I have hired to do h/p and trees and flowers and all they do is the h/p on each field and leave some will leave in the middle of, I guess some this is them getting booted for some reason or another but that rarely happens to me anymore. Then I have to go back to the market and try to find someone that is willing to do just trees and flowers. I understand some people have way to over stacked fields I get very frustrated with those to. I admit I too have stacked fields but I don't believe I have any as you described. I still feel that the bonus should be based on the whole job someone is hired for, I would even go for a per field bonus, if they do everything they were hired for on one field, then get a bonus and go to the next and only do part of the field they wouldn't a bonus for that field.
Old Dec 25 2012, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Storage ... crops disappearing
I have been concerned about shortages in my storage. Sometimes items that I harvested same numbers ... one item would run out while the other still had thousands. I just harvested the my orange lily 2986 and carnations 2987 in storage after harvest. I unloaded my train which was on the same farm. I reloaded farmtown and my orange lily count was 2365 and the carnations were down to 2366. I did not load any facilities or do any thing else, yet lost hundreds of flowers... Myself and other neighbors are noticing seemingly random shortages... this is one instance where I was able to know exactly what happened... Is anyone aware/working on this storage issue?
Old Dec 25 2012, 10:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwahr55 View Post
Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update.
I had the same prob. Hired neighbor to harvest flowers.. tried both ways, multiple and regular, had her come to my farm, I went to hers, we both went to the market so I could try to hire her from there but we could not see each other after several tries, and verifying that we had both gone to the market for hiring.
Closed Thread