Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 27 2010, 08:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
Dragging the left-clicked mouse was the first thing I tried. It didn't work for me and like a dummy I figured it "might" work on the 10th try. LOL! The tab works just fine for me, though. I found that making up a special FT Friends list in the FRIENDS tab of FB works far better.

I did notice that if you are going to use a FT Friends list that you have to click on CUSTOM (at the lock) and then the specific list and then finally on SAVE each time. The system appears to default back to FRIENDS.
You can have all your wall post only show up for some people on your friends list. This can be helpful when you add people for apps that you do not know but you add them for neighbors in a game. You can put them in a list and restrict what they can see about you including your wall post. You can set it up where they see no wall post from you at all. This is a one time thing and effects all your wall posts. You do this through privacy settings. I can tell you exactly how if you like just pm me. What you are doing when you hide an app post form some people is only hiding that wall post not all your wall posts. Your default setting is either they see all you post or none of your posts. You can keep them from seeing some of your post but you have to edit that post to not show to them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 27 2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

There is a difference in profit per field and profit per hour. Profit per field for rosemary is 297 but profit per hour is 4.95. Raspberries per field profit is 21 but profit per hour is 10.5.
And don't forget about the bazillion xp's you get for repeatedly planting raspberries. That's the very best way to level up.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Mar 27 2010, 09:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

All this talk about the new crops makes me wonder when we will get something like peanuts,it's a Southern thing I guess!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 27 2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

There is a difference in profit per field and profit per hour. Profit per field for rosemary is 297 but profit per hour is 4.95. Raspberries per field profit is 21 but profit per hour is 10.5.
This looks like a pure numbers game to me and appears to be unreliable as well as unfair to compare something that takes three days ( 60 hours ) to mature with something that takes 2 hours. What happens to the harvest and plow time not to mention the difference in plowing cost dependind upon self harvesting, Marketplace hire and having a neighbour plow for you?

How many 12 hours crops can you do in one day? The answer is 1. Start the clock ticking from end of planting, end of plowing or end of harvest and the thing is, you can only get one 12 hour crop in any given day.

So realistically, how many raspberried crops can you do in one day? How many beets or artichokes?

Just saying, I would like a common way to compare because per hour makes little sense to me.

Kind of like the banks. is it Interest Rate or APY. Even in this case, you need to know how the bank compounds if you are going to use the APY.... kinda like how many crops in a day. Might be better to compare over a certain period of time. Like for trees, it is only fair to compare over 60 days... because we 2, 3, 4 and 5 days to a mature tree.

Ok, I feel better not to mention I will be sleeping tonight so I guess I need to select between an 8 hour and 12 hour crop. Hmmm do I want to sleep in or will I really get up to harvest in 8 hours?????

Soybeans (and now I can plant them, YAY!)
Old Mar 27 2010, 10:09 PM

Will these facilities work on the crops planted on both farms or it is just the farm where the facilities are located????
Old Mar 27 2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
I forgot to thank the devs for their constant help and for giving us new things to play with. However, to be technically correct there is no such thing as a stand-alone bamboo tree. In my real life backyard I have been trying for many years to kill a stand of bamboo. It reproduces like a herd of rabbits. So if we are to have a "bamboo tree" it needs to be planted in a pot and not in the ground as if it were a productive attractive tree.
I also like and appreciate the new udpates but if I remember my high school biology right mushrooms aren't grown with seeds.They are grown from spores.
Old Mar 27 2010, 10:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by medixgrad View Post
I also like and appreciate the new udpates but if I remember my high school biology right mushrooms aren't grown with seeds.They are grown from spores.
haha.. i thought it was quite odd when i saw them too....
Old Mar 28 2010, 12:06 AM
Account Not Linked

So the My Space people cannt gift anything for Easter? Sorry if I missed it, but just kept seeing Facebook. Thanks.
Old Mar 28 2010, 02:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

was able to post for help on the new facilities... I did post a message to people that they can block the apps they don't want to get all the messages from...... Was able to help on sisters farm... it even said she had a second farm to check there for more work...... how cool is that..... I found if i go to my neighbors farm I and back to my farm I am not getting disconnected from the game as bad.... I am just guessing this means there is a problem with the server that my farm hangs out on?? It is not my ISP.....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 28 2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
cheers for the new crops and the many easter items to choose from.
wow I cant wait to see the new facilites.......tell me more.....hehe.
can fined the bamboo tree
Closed Thread