Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 11 2011, 10:47 AM

Hurry up, we need another farm. It gets boring doing the same old thing every day. I love farm town.
Old Jan 11 2011, 10:49 AM

Just don't make it to expensive. We all work very hard to have what we do. But i have been saving up.
Old Jan 11 2011, 11:44 AM

I really believe it will be in the neighborhood of $1.25 Billion Coins. With so many income producing facilities, and 7 farms yielding 2x output, the value of the #8 would have to be very high to justify what it will return to the farmer.

Even if the 12x12 is $10 mill or so, that is not to much to require from anyone who already has 7 farms.

If a farmer has so most of the facilities, and all the farms, and "only" $100mill coins or so, then that farmer is not managing well. And it will be that farmer who will be first in line to object to the way the game is being run for not letting him afford everything.

Old Jan 11 2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I really believe it will be in the neighborhood of $1.25 Billion Coins. With so many income producing facilities, and 7 farms yielding 2x output, the value of the #8 would have to be very high to justify what it will return to the farmer.

Even if the 12x12 is $10 mill or so, that is not to much to require from anyone who already has 7 farms.

If a farmer has so most of the facilities, and all the farms, and "only" $100mill coins or so, then that farmer is not managing well. And it will be that farmer who will be first in line to object to the way the game is being run for not letting him afford everything.

Yes..I also reckon farm 8 will cost around $1.25 Billion Coins....I have been saving up like mad..

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Jan 11 2011, 12:35 PM

The game always seems to be low and a little problematic when the wonderful devs are working on new stuff for us. It is very frustrating when it keeps timing out server connection but there is a little trick that sometimes helps when working on other peoples' farms. When the new levels and faciities etc arrive it's always worth the glitches. Looking forward to seeing more levels and the quirky names the devs give them lol
Old Jan 11 2011, 12:57 PM

Well just slapped down $20.00 cash on some new tools.. love the recent updates, I just reached level 160 and think I'm right on schedule for next update with new levels and new farm... Hope it comes soon.. I wouldn't want to get ahead or anything.. lol

Does anyone know if fertilized trees pay workers double coin and harvest? Cant seem to find that answer in help section.. thanks...

Great job devs, keep up the good work =)
Old Jan 11 2011, 01:46 PM

Lightbulb 1,226,000 Coins, Anyone?

So here's my take on the cost of Farm #8:
12x12 - 8 million
14x14 - 5 million
16x16 - 6 million
18x18 - 7 million [Up to here, this follows the devs pattern on the last 4 farms

So 26 million will get you up to 18x18. I think 18x18 is 576 fields, and maybe that should be enough! Now comes the fun part, guesstimating what the rest will cost!!!

If the devs hold to the pattern for Farms 6 & 7, we could be looking at 1.2 billion coins to buy the last three up-grades: 200 million, 300 million, and 400 million.

Or maybe they'll take pity on us, and the last three up-grades will be the same as for #7 The up-grades for #3 were the same as #2, but then everyone was complaining about the 30 neighbor rule instead. It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen!!!

Just for fun, here's what you've paid so far for your other farms:

#1 - 230,000 for all up-grades [12x12 was "free" to get you in the game]
#2 - 5.1 million [a few of us gagged at the 3 million price for 12x12!!!]
#3 - 3.1 million [12x12 dropped back to 1 million, but there was that "neighbor issue" instead]
#4 - 75 million [This may be when some people balked at the "cost" of playing]
#5 - 134 million [not quite double]
#6 - 618 million [more than 4 times the cost of #5 -- OUCH!!!]
#7 - 922 million [just about 50% more than #6]

All of which adds up to a grand total of 1,757,430 coins for your entire agricultural empire!! [I know, it's only funny money, but that's still a lot of wheat, sugar, and tomatoes -- not to mention raspberries!!!]

Which raises another very interesting question: Is Farm 8 equal in value to 70% of the total cost of your agricultural empire to date? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to make as many trips to the Real Estate office as it takes this Friday [Hope! Hope! Hope!] to get Farm 8 and take it to the max!!! I'll probably end up with 100 million coins to plow and plant it, maybe!! Like I said before, it's only funny money!!! Now I'm off to fill my facilities so hopefully I'll have 200 million to plow and plant #8!!!

See you in the Real Estate office bright and early Friday morning!!! [Well, some Friday morning soon]

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jan 11 2011, 01:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

You have no right to judge how people play the game. The only people that have billions and billions of coins are the people that layer their farms and use the gift links to get stuff so they can keep their facilities loaded everyday, that is the only way a person can load all the facilities everyday. People that play the game and only load the facilities once or twice a week because that is all the time they have don't have 10 billion coins sitting around.

I don't even have the last size of farm 7 but I have never complained about how much the farm cost. While I understand the cost of the land being so much there are people out there that do not have all the facilities because they don't have the fc to buy them so the developers do need to think about that when setting the price of the farms.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jan 11 2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
So here's my take on the cost of Farm #8:
12x12 - 8 million
14x14 - 5 million
16x16 - 6 million
18x18 - 7 million [Up to here, this follows the devs pattern on the last 4 farms

So 26 million will get you up to 18x18. I think 18x18 is 576 fields, and maybe that should be enough! Now comes the fun part, guesstimating what the rest will cost!!!

If the devs hold to the pattern for Farms 6 & 7, we could be looking at 1.2 billion coins to buy the last three up-grades: 200 million, 300 million, and 400 million.

Or maybe they'll take pity on us, and the last three up-grades will be the same as for #7 The up-grades for #3 were the same as #2, but then everyone was complaining about the 30 neighbor rule instead. It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen!!!

Just for fun, here's what you've paid so far for your other farms:

#1 - 230,000 for all up-grades [12x12 was "free" to get you in the game]
#2 - 5.1 million [a few of us gagged at the 3 million price for 12x12!!!]
#3 - 3.1 million [12x12 dropped back to 1 million, but there was that "neighbor issue" instead]
#4 - 75 million [This may be when some people balked at the "cost" of playing]
#5 - 134 million [not quite double]
#6 - 618 million [more than 4 times the cost of #5 -- OUCH!!!]
#7 - 922 million [just about 50% more than #6]

All of which adds up to a grand total of 1,757,430 coins for your entire agricultural empire!! [I know, it's only funny money, but that's still a lot of wheat, sugar, and tomatoes -- not to mention raspberries!!!]

Which raises another very interesting question: Is Farm 8 equal in value to 70% of the total cost of your agricultural empire to date? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to make as many trips to the Real Estate office as it takes this Friday [Hope! Hope! Hope!] to get Farm 8 and take it to the max!!! I'll probably end up with 100 million coins to plow and plant it, maybe!! Like I said before, it's only funny money!!! Now I'm off to fill my facilities so hopefully I'll have 200 million to plow and plant #8!!!

See you in the Real Estate office bright and early Friday morning!!! [Well, some Friday morning soon]
Can you imagine how all that translates into hours at the computer? The mind boggles!!!!!
Old Jan 11 2011, 01:56 PM

Default What Can We Do to Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
What's my best guess for farm 8's arrival? Normally I would have said this Friday. However, the devs are entitled to time off over Christmas and New Year, like the rest of us, so unfortunately that may mean Friday of next week. If it comes any earlier than that then I think they will deserve a huge thank you for fast work or for giving up holiday time.

Of course, judging by the last few updates that came out when my sister was away on holiday, we may have to wait until mid-February. I've tried to persuade her to go away this weekend, in order to ensure the arrival of the update, but haven't managed it.
If we all pool all of our frequent flier miles, do you think your sister could be persuaded to leave town this afternoon?!!! Please!!!

Personally, I would be thrilled to see Farm 8 by the end of this month. I agree with you that our awesome developers deserve some time off -- and not just because of the holidays, but because they have been inundating us with cool new up-dates and goodies for months now. Let's give them at least another week or two before we commence whining.

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Closed Thread