Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 27 2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
Am I the only one who is happy that some quests can't be completed. It's supposed to be a "Quest", and quests are supposed to be hard, some quests are even impossible, but the knight still goes out and try's hard. I've only had one quest I couldn't do, and even that was fun, I bothered everyone at the marketplace and all my neighbours trying to find the big sea coast, in the end it was pointless, because I needed to have it myself. Click bypass quest until I have the one where I have everything on the farm and it takes 2 seconds, doesn't sound fun to me. I like the sense of mystery and difficulty.

The more farm town gets easy, the unhappier I become. I've been playing slowly from the begining, but because of the facilities I've been leveling up too fast... sigh.. soon we'll just have to click one button, and the game will play itself.

It would however be fun to get a "neighbours facility lifeline", then we can try to find the right friend so we can keep bothering them to post their stuff.... I can see arguments happening there.
No, you are not the only one who feels they are a good challenge, and doesn't want the quests to be dumbed down, though I would hate the thought of having to go bother all my neighbours so that I could complete a quest. I would rather let it slide than do that.

I think it is just that the vocal majority are the unhappy ones, because the happy ones are all off playing on their farms instead of whinging in the forum.

Oh dear that's going to get me into trouble isn't it?

Old Feb 27 2012, 10:37 PM

Ditto and Ditto! Add my voice to the ones who are having a great time doing the quests, comparing notes with my neighbours on how much we made, and just going "Aw, shucks" if i can't complete one. Devs, please accept our compliments on a fun addition to the game.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 27 2012, 11:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Ditto and Ditto! Add my voice to the ones who are having a great time doing the quests, comparing notes with my neighbours on how much we made, and just going "Aw, shucks" if i can't complete one. Devs, please accept our compliments on a fun addition to the game.
Ditto! Well said you guys!!!
Old Feb 28 2012, 01:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
No, you are not the only one who feels they are a good challenge, and doesn't want the quests to be dumbed down, though I would hate the thought of having to go bother all my neighbours so that I could complete a quest. I would rather let it slide than do that.

I think it is just that the vocal majority are the unhappy ones, because the happy ones are all off playing on their farms instead of whinging in the forum.

Oh dear that's going to get me into trouble isn't it?
LOL Helen, it shouldnt get you into trouble because you arent having a go at anyone persay, its a general frustration. If people cant complete quests because of not buying facilities.. then why do they open them, do them, and then complain because they cant finish them? Im over the whinging about it and its refreshing to see Miamine's attitude towards them.. loves them even if they cant be completed.. thats a good spirit for the game

We buy the facs and support the game so yes, we are off having fun on the game.. and on the forum!
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Not everyone thinks that the developers have done the wrong thing with the quests. I've done over 50 now and not missed one yet, even with my small farm that doesn't have all the facilities.

Many of us - perhaps the silent ones - are having a ball with the quests. The developers have given us extra coin for our reward with the promise of a little farm cash at times, so I think they have the right to aim the quests at those players prepared to equip their farms with what it takes to play them.

As someone else said, I want a ferrari, so the makers should make them cheaper to buy, because I can't afford it, but I'm entitled to one

The quests are stated to be random and so are the lifelines. Nobody said that we would all be able to complete all of them.
Ditto! Ditto!

Thank you to Happy pants, Miamine, gffarmer, and Kahra01 and to you Helen for all of the POSITIVE comments about the quests.
I truly don't mind people giving constructive criticism or suggestions.
But, I guess being from the good ole USA (and I'm sure it happens in other countries around the world), I get absolutely sick and tired of the "entitlement" mindset.
This is a GAME, where there are NO winners or losers. It has been stated so many times, that you can still play the game for FREE!! Those of us that do spend real money....well, we are keeping the game going for the ones who can't or won't spend real money. I don't have a problem with that at all, until they start whining that it isn't fair. I chose to spend real money on this game for my entertainment.
So, that being said, Thank You to the Devs and Raul for the Quests!! They are incredibly fun. I think the timing of once a day is just right. (Still looking for that "occasional" FC!! )
Deborah
Old Feb 28 2012, 12:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Was feeling rather pleased as I had managed to produce a fish dinner quite quickly....until I got to the very last part which was to load the fish dinner at the hospital....I have no hospital....do not want to spend Farmcash buying one....cannot load fish dinner so quest failed if I don't complete it.... I was enjoying doing these quests but I don't think it's worth it now when you are unable to complete. Farmtown should show you all the steps involved before you accept it. (

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 28 2012, 01:46 PM

I will not play the farm town quest anymore you do the quest and it doesn't give you credit for it...I harvested oak log piles today and it says nothing harvested,....In my storage there is 157,354 harvested and this isn't the first time it has happened. Farm Town can have there quest I want nothing more to do with them !!!!!!!
Old Feb 28 2012, 02:19 PM

I really enjoying quests a bit sad that i have had 2 in a row that i couldnt complete as have not the facilities to load them too. would like to see 2 quests a day like you can gift 2 times a day. Still waiting on the farm cash instead of money. I hope this is not a false hope
Old Feb 28 2012, 05:48 PM

For what is of use the present has right which says that your friends can t help?? and how? s vp thank you ,,,,( the trader lifeline will let you procure goods for this quest also by trading with other farmer ))???????????????? ty
Old Feb 28 2012, 06:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Ditto! Ditto!

Thank you to Happy pants, Miamine, gffarmer, and Kahra01 and to you Helen for all of the POSITIVE comments about the quests.
I truly don't mind people giving constructive criticism or suggestions.
But, I guess being from the good ole USA (and I'm sure it happens in other countries around the world), I get absolutely sick and tired of the "entitlement" mindset.
This is a GAME, where there are NO winners or losers. It has been stated so many times, that you can still play the game for FREE!! Those of us that do spend real money....well, we are keeping the game going for the ones who can't or won't spend real money. I don't have a problem with that at all, until they start whining that it isn't fair. I chose to spend real money on this game for my entertainment.
So, that being said, Thank You to the Devs and Raul for the Quests!! They are incredibly fun. I think the timing of once a day is just right. (Still looking for that "occasional" FC!! )
Deborah
Oh bless you Deborah.. so beautifully said.. you are so spot on with the "entitlement" mindset that is becoming more and more obvious in this game. And yes yes yes.. I never looked at it this way.. but we payers are supporting this game and its development for the benefit of those that wont. I dont begrudge them the right to not buying anything.. but I do begrudge them the "entitlement" mindset and whinging! Thanks Deborah for getting no board with us and telling it like it is and how it should be! x