Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 28 2012, 07:09 PM

I get messages to work on someone's quest, and although I remain clueless as to how quests work, I politely decline so to not be asked again.

Kudos to the Devs for creating quests for those who asked for them, and double Kudos for not forcing it down our throats for those of us who don''t want them, or begging on My wall at least!
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Feb 28 2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy1 View Post
Was feeling rather pleased as I had managed to produce a fish dinner quite quickly....until I got to the very last part which was to load the fish dinner at the hospital....I have no hospital....do not want to spend Farmcash buying one....cannot load fish dinner so quest failed if I don't complete it.... I was enjoying doing these quests but I don't think it's worth it now when you are unable to complete. Farmtown should show you all the steps involved before you accept it. (
Seeing as you can't accept a different quest if you can't complete the current one until 20 hours have elapsed, I don't really see the point in your suggestion....

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Ditto and Ditto! Add my voice to the ones who are having a great time doing the quests, comparing notes with my neighbours on how much we made, and just going "Aw, shucks" if i can't complete one. Devs, please accept our compliments on a fun addition to the game.
Well said, I to am enjoying the quests the way they are.
Fritz
Old Feb 29 2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Ditto! Ditto!

Thank you to Happy pants, Miamine, gffarmer, and Kahra01 and to you Helen for all of the POSITIVE comments about the quests.
I truly don't mind people giving constructive criticism or suggestions.
But, I guess being from the good ole USA (and I'm sure it happens in other countries around the world), I get absolutely sick and tired of the "entitlement" mindset.
This is a GAME, where there are NO winners or losers. It has been stated so many times, that you can still play the game for FREE!! Those of us that do spend real money....well, we are keeping the game going for the ones who can't or won't spend real money. I don't have a problem with that at all, until they start whining that it isn't fair. I chose to spend real money on this game for my entertainment.
So, that being said, Thank You to the Devs and Raul for the Quests!! They are incredibly fun. I think the timing of once a day is just right. (Still looking for that "occasional" FC!! )
Deborah
Im enjoying the quests too - welcome the extra coins, look forward to getting the occasional Farm Cash - love planning to have crops, etc always available should I need them. I think its been very well done, no need to constantly pester friends for items unless you want to via the lifelines. I think its a great addition to the game.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 29 2012, 11:44 AM

I feel the need to throw my two cents into this thread again, because there is a big point being missed, and I am getting somewhat offended at words like "whiny" or "sense of entitlement" being thrown in the direction of unhappy players.

The purpose of the quests, as I understand it, is to offer players a fun way to earn extra coins and farm cash.. Quests are advertised as a "fun addition' to the game, and not a "competition".

The frustration being vented by the majority of players is based on the idea that cash will be awarded to them based on how efficiently their quests can be completed, and thousands of us are getting quests we can't complete.

I believe that, by the majority of players, it is therefore perceived that the few players who have "chosen" to spend hundreds of real dollars on the game, to be able to buy all of the tools and facilities necessary to complete all of their quests, will be the players actually rewarded with cash when that happy day arrives. This may or may not be the case, but this is what the rules of the quests suggest.

For the majority of players, who either can't afford to spend real money, or, like myself, have "only" spent a couple of hundred dollars to buy select facilities and tools (and cannot afford to spend any more), it is perceived that we do not have the same chance at winning the cash prize because we have quests that we can't complete.

So, if cash is only rewarded based on completion of quests, then technically the quests are both competitive and unfair. Offering "random" lifelines is a bit of a joke. I know that the quests are optional, but we all love the game, and idea that we can be rewarded with cash makes them more desirable for those of us who could really use it.

I have been able to complete about half my quests without help, only 2 with lifelines, the others I do as much as I can towards completing hem and then let them expire. I am hopeful that the effort I put into my quests on the whole is enough to see a cash prize some day. It is that proverbial "dangling carrot" that keeps me invested in these quests, and the game.

So, although the coin prizes are lovely, let's hope that we all have a fair chance at the cash prizes, and try to be patient, and civil to each other, please, until that day comes.

Old Feb 29 2012, 03:01 PM

[quote=twosmiths;5060650]I feel the need to throw my two cents into this thread again, because there is a big point being missed, and I am getting somewhat offended at words like "whiny" or "sense of entitlement" being thrown in the direction of unhappy players.

Clipped down your post.. but must say..BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN and expressed. I agree! I think some people don't understand that life is not fair (HA) and this is a GAME meant to be enjoyed, not some kind of competition.
I have very little money to spend, I don't stack or layer my fields; don't like to see my buildings sink into the dirt, and yet I am at level 310..have scads of coins and lovely new friends.
Old Mar 01 2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post

If it is the sports accessories factory you don't have then buy it it cost coins not fc so what is the problem with your quest. If it is a factory for one of the other parts of the quest and it cost fc again buy it or don't do that quest. No where was it said the quest would only be based on what you have the point of quest are to get people to buy or do things they may not already have or may not be doing.
I would be happier if we could see what facilities are needed before we accept it. If you accept one that you can't do, you are stuck until they open another to you. the people that can't buy fc are always at a disadvantage. also it would be better (imho) if we could trade for petrochemical barrels and such, like the food items.
Old Mar 01 2012, 07:21 AM

I could not do three quests in a row, no biggie, I just go play the other aspects of the game and check again the next day to see if a quest is one I can complete.

I doubt the amount of FC we can win playing quests is worth being concerned if we are unable to complete them all.

I still enjoy FT and think the devs did a good job with the quests release since no begging is required!
Old Mar 01 2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I would be happier if we could see what facilities are needed before we accept it. If you accept one that you can't do, you are stuck until they open another to you. the people that can't buy fc are always at a disadvantage. also it would be better (imho) if we could trade for petrochemical barrels and such, like the food items.
How are you stuck? You open it, can't do it, wait for next one. Not opening it won't speed up the next one.

I wonder if anyone has suggested a compromise of offering 1 replacement quest a day........ click on "I can't complete this one" and 1 new quest replaces it. (Hoping it doesn't use the same facility, lol!)
Old Mar 01 2012, 04:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I could not do three quests in a row, no biggie, I just go play the other aspects of the game and check again the next day to see if a quest is one I can complete.

I doubt the amount of FC we can win playing quests is worth being concerned if we are unable to complete them all.

I still enjoy FT and think the devs did a good job with the quests release since no begging is required!
Great attitude LoreneC, glad you are still enjoying it not matter what