OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

MOD EDIT - reduced post to needed information.

Last edited by Rob T; Jan 09 2021 at 06:03 AM.
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue the Tyke View Post
Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable
Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

MOD EDIT - reduced post to needed information.
Hi Sue the Tyke,

I reduced the post you made as we only needed the top part of the information. What exactly is happening when you try to load the HTML5 version?

Which steps have you taken and which ones work as posted in the link http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650382

Please let us know in reply to this post.

Thank you.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 09 2021, 06:23 AM

Able to get to my farm but unable to get to market to hire anyone. Harvested own crops and fuel used. Unable to access request to fill ships. Unable to see status of friends.
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
i am getting sick and tired of this joke of a game Flash Died 1/1/21 so why are we still not using html (you have not even bothered to activate the market place over there the basic of the game. i am getting annoyed as a farmer who finishes work when hired i am getting kicked off farms as shockwave flash crashes and then when i return there is no way of returning to the game to finish the job started. at other times i finish the job available then hours later the unfinished work message pops up when there is no work as you have done it people are getting annoyed at farmers who dont complete work on their farms and it seems in my case it is a fault with the game rather than me not finishing the work by choice. get a move on Flash Player is dead and the functions will be switched off on tuesday why is the basics of Marketplace not active on html version for us to go there to get hired for fishing as all browsers are blocking flash plugin daily. it is a joke to keep people on the flash game till the last browser gives up by the update.

for those still in denial that it is happening.

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.
Hi Stu3,

Converting the game from flash to HTML5 is not a simple task, and can't be done quickly. It is a very different language, so it takes time to convert from one programming language to another. We have to test the new language before we can release it and make sure there are no bugs in it. This takes time. Please be patient while the developers get the other features working, it will not help anyone if we release a version that has errors and bugs. We are all in the same situation.

Contact Support

Old Jan 09 2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Able to get to my farm but unable to get to market to hire anyone. Harvested own crops and fuel used. Unable to access request to fill ships. Unable to see status of friends.
Hi Sue the Tyke,

The new HTML5 version is a restricted version, many features are not available at present, but will be restored over the coming weeks. Fuel, will appear if it is being used, however, when you stop working, you will notice the fuel is getting added back, which in effect, you're not actually using any fuel.

We are all in this situation and have to be a little patient until the full game is restored, which in my opinion, is better and faster and potentially will allow more features that were previously not possible in flash.

While Flash is available, you can continue to do ships, trains and all the other features, which is why we left it running, we will continue to get as much restored as we possibly can while flash still works.

Contact Support

Last edited by Rob T; Jan 09 2021 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:42 AM

My PC was pretty adamant that I uninstall flash this morning. After I clicked "remind me later" three times it finally closed the little window and opened two big windows to close flash. I still didn't do it but want to give you a heads up on this.
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
My PC was pretty adamant that I uninstall flash this morning. After I clicked "remind me later" three times it finally closed the little window and opened two big windows to close flash. I still didn't do it but want to give you a heads up on this.
Hi Jean's Farm,

Yes, Adobe and the browsers will insist you uninstall flash, please ignore this. If you do uninstall flash, you will not be able to load the flash version at all as Adobe will not allow you to install it again and you'll only have the HTML5 version available.

Keep flash on your computers until such time the browsers stop allowing flash to work, we will keep the flash game working for as long as possible so you can still use it for the features that are still missing.

We just ask to be patient while we try to add as many features back to the game in HTML5, it will be better in the end, just hang in there.

Thank you.

Contact Support

Old Jan 09 2021, 06:50 AM

I don't seem to have Flash any more
Old Jan 09 2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I don't seem to have Flash any more
Did you uninstall it? if you did, unfortunately, you will not be able to load the flash version anymore as Adobe will not allow you to install it again.

For the moment, you will only be able to play in HTML5, i understand that it is restricted, and many features are missing, but unfortunately there is no way around this. We are trying to get the rest of the features working as quickly as possible, but this does take time and ask that you be patient, Farmtown will be better in the end.

Thank you for understanding.

Contact Support

Old Jan 09 2021, 07:19 AM

Hi everyone,

Please do not uninstall flash, even tho Adobe advises that you do. Ignore this, while flash still works, and are able to load Farmtown using flash, you can keep using it for the features that are still missing in the HTML5 version.

We will keep flash running until such time as it stops working, or the browsers block it. The HTML5 Version is restricted, and we understand the frustration of a restricted version. Please rest assured that the developers are working 24/7 to get everything back as quickly as possible.

All we ask is to be a little patient while we work on this. It will be a far better game in the end.

Thank you all for understanding.

Contact Support

Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl