Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 02 2012, 03:39 PM

Hi, Thank you for those quests, I look forward to them each day. Some farmers are feeling intimidated about not able to finish them, how about a feature that would allow us to cancel out a quest if we don't have a facility for it or just can't do it, so that we don't keep seeing the quest sitting there. Thank You and Happy Farming
Old Mar 02 2012, 05:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2009 View Post
Hi, Thank you for those quests, I look forward to them each day. Some farmers are feeling intimidated about not able to finish them, how about a feature that would allow us to cancel out a quest if we don't have a facility for it or just can't do it, so that we don't keep seeing the quest sitting there. Thank You and Happy Farming

Yah, I like this a lot. If people can't finish, at least they don't have to be faced with the thing for days before it goes away. Don't need to speed up the opening of the next one, just some help letting the undone ones disappear. This also allows them to use the lifeline in the next quest if they mistakenly opened the one up on the quest that can't be finished. Really nice idea.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 02 2012, 05:13 PM

Level:
XP:

Many people have now set up a farm just to do quest's. Mine is 13. Many 4x4 plots set aside for crops, many I only half harvest then re-crop. That way I have a crop ready when I need it. Several single Trees to harvest when required by quest. Have not done flowers, yet.
Now that lot is set, I will never have 5 quest's on the go at once. At lvl 310, some are quite complex and can take longer than 1 day.
Like some one else has said, start new quest before you harvest animals/crops/trees/fish.
With the time I spend on FT, posting facility help seems to be once a week, not the two it used to be.
Quest's seem to take up my time more.
Count up the number of finished products there are today, thats the number of quests there are....till next update.
It's a free game, so I don't use 'real' cash to play it. For them to make money, they should sell the game. Until then... sorry, my real cash is mine.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
One more time. Has anyone gotten to a point where they have 5 concurrent Quests open? Developers take note. I haven't heard of a single player who was able to attain this milestone. The silence is deafening!!
Just asking for what was promised - not complaining. The quests are great!!! But since none of them take 5 days, it really is impossible to have 5 going at the same time. Even if I stall on some of them, most expire before 5 days are up.
3 is the max I've been able to have open at the same time. I don't rush through them.
Fritz
Old Mar 02 2012, 07:23 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
That is completely correct, I agree, if people don't have the facility and doesn't want to pay real money for it just let it expire and either quit the quests or wait for the next one to open. I had one I couldn't do because I didn't have the facility and didn't want it, so I let the quest expire and waited for the next quest to open. Some people are saying that the quests FORCE them to purchase the facility to do the quest, WRONG, they in no way are being forced to purchase that facility if they don't want to. Most of the games on facebook, keep having pop ups wanting you to buy their form of game cash and I HAVE NEVER EVER saw Farmtown ever use any pop ups to get people to purchase their Farm Cash, if people want to purchase Farm Cash they can and if they don't want to they don't have to, it is their option. Yes, I have purchased Farm Cash, but that was my option to make my game better and no I don't have a lot of money to spend on it, I am disabled on a fixed income, but now and then I am able to purchase some. Like the old saying goes, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time".
WELL PUT! ThanXXX

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger Margee View Post
The Quests are fun, and I'm GLAD they are optional...because of them I've bought several facilities that I really didn't want...but to finish the Quest. I'm a more than a bit miffed. I've noticed that the Quests want me to spend my real cash to afford more factories for even more for future Quests.
I've also lost count of the real dollars I've spent on this game for things. $100+
Why can't I get a product, Example as a Diamond Vase, from working in my NEIGHBORS Ceramic Factory for the Quests ??????
I refuse to buy more factories just to finish a Quest. I already have more facilities than I care to count.
... and therein lies the beauty of the design of Farmtown quests. Nobody is forcing you to do or buy anything. You can completely ignore the quest button then you won't have to get miffed about them at all.

The developers aren't going to mind at all if you refuse to do them. They added them into the game for the interest of those who want to do them ... but you don't have to.

Old Mar 03 2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
Yes, that is correct. I am staggering my planting so that I have 10 plots of every crop going at different stages of growth and I have been able to finish just about every quest since the 15th one within the 20 hours after I opened it. The quests have made me totally change the way I play, you really have to THINK about how to work your farms to your best advantage and how to get the quests done in the shortest amount of time. The lifelines have saved my bacon more than once, I've been lucky in that regard, but staggering planting has made a HUGE difference. Plus, I have learned my farms details better, I'm micromanaging, instead of macro. I never plant a whole farm of one crop anymore and I have tons of everything in storage all the time, it's awesome. THIS is the reward of these quests as far as I'm concerned, THIS is the fun!!! Happy Farming to you!
Yes EXACTLY - this is how I am playing to - and its given me a whole new challenge - I love it - its nice to get out of the routine of plant, harvest, load all, store all........... I forgot what some of my facilities actually made!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Mar 03 2012, 06:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by i try View Post
I agree completely except on the lifelines. Let us choose which one we want. The one you get might not work for you or that spacific situation. The TV show 'Cash Cab' offered lifelines but let the contestants choose between them. GO QWESTS and let the whiners whine!

ThanXXX Devs!
I agree with you i try.. picking a lifeline that best suits the quest is a great idea. Ive had quite a few lifelines given that are no help at all so thats a great idea. Yep whiners will whine but i see it as a reward from the devs for those of us that reward them by paying for the advantages the FC facs and tools etc, give us.
Old Mar 03 2012, 11:10 AM

Default Quests

Love the Quests. You don't have to "beg" anything from anyone. Just grow your crops and make the products. You have plenty of time.

Hoping they will come out with more of the Quests and let us do more at one time - I'm having to wait almost 20 hours between each Quest.

Trish
Old Mar 03 2012, 06:28 PM

I too, would like to see the "quit quest" option as well. I have been getting more quests that require me to produce items (like right now, the soup) and make items in cash facilities. I know that the quests are random, and differ from player to player..I think it would be interesting if they can make these random quests for the facilites that people already have, or offer these cash facilities for coins as well. If a cash facility costs say, $32, offer the same facility, say, for 5, 6 million coins as well. I got so many coins I wouldn't mind dropping that much on a facility