Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Harvesting and plowing

I really don't like this 'upgraded' or 'new' system. It slows everything WAY down and it takes forever to harvest and plow! I wondered what happened. What I don't understand is why some people seem to be able to harvest and plow faster than I can? HELP!!~!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:44 PM
Account Not Linked

I know that just because I'm fast doesn't make me greedy. I always harvest and plow in a straight line. I am a stay at home mom,and I enjoyed a few moments a day on farmtown. Now with the changes, I'm not gonna have the time to do it.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Default I hate the new update

this new update might mean I quit farmtown... it is terrible!!!!!!! please please please change it back!!!!!!!!!!!! please? pretty please????? who cares if I lose xp and coins??! this way, it works 10 times slower (at LEAST) so I lose them anyway.
did I mention that I hate this new update?
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
These changes are nearly impossible to deal with. I used to be able to harvest and plow ahead of my avatar. Now it is back like it was in the beginning with harvesting and plowing a single plot at a time waiting for the avatar to harvest/plow before moving to the next plot!!! It appears that other avatars are harvesting/plowing all around me and I can't get moving because my avatar keeps saying "wait I'm busy"! This is just awful....It is terrible!!!!! Please help!!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Please give us a reprieve at least until the holidays are over.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:47 PM
Account Not Linked

That may be true, but it has slowed it down so much I almost don't want to play anymore. Isn't there a way it could have been fixed without slowing everything down SO much?!?
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:47 PM
Account Not Linked

it was working ok. I know points are lost sometimes we all have lost them at one point ..But this new change has slowed down the game so much I would say you will have allot of people stop playing it..I myself don't have time or want to stay on a twice as long as i had to before..As for people running it to other peoples spots it is a game don't be a cry baby about it get over it some people are just faster than others, and to be honest most people that are faster can harvest & plow a farm alone in no time at all (before the change) , I know I like to work by myself..The change is not going to work for most people !!!!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default if it aint broke

I never NEVER had a problem and the way the fixed it just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now do my own crops. If i wanted to wait like on farmville i would play farmville MORE. THIS SUCKS CHANGE IT BACK. Thank you.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .

Are you serious? Hiring more people to get the field done in a reasonable amount of time is just going to slow the system, stretch the server, and create more lag time. People aren't going to hire less people...they will hire more. There are more races to a square the way it is now. And more people tripping over each other and competing for fields. Most of those who harvest and plow quickly are courteous workers. Why has Farm Town catered to those who gobble holes in fields? Ridiculous
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl View Post
I am not a super clicker so to speak. It is not as quick as it was before. I always harvest and plow in order, i hate the skippers. But this is way to slow for me and my laptop now. I love this game and have always said I was addicted. I think I just got cured
I understand your problem with a laptop, those things are useless unless you use them for work, which I think is the point portable. I have a desktop fully loaded and I don't have a problem with the way it is now. I have large fields on my farm's, two of them are linked. This is what happens when a game is expolited, the fix's fix the exploits, and the exploiters get mad, "can't plow my fields" because you have 2,3,4,5 layers? This is a great game that evolves and you don't have to spend money on it if you choose. Very few things today you can say that about. MERRY CHRISTMAS!