Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Markets/Chat/Messaging

This Thread is for reporting issues at either Marketplace or with In Game Messages. Please see the following posts in the Game Guide to read about those features before you post

Chapter 02 Basics What is the Marketplace for?
Chapter 17 - The messaging system

What to try when you can NOT see people or chat in the Market Place or Inn:

1. Make sure that your browser is still showing up to date. Clear your browser cache/history.

2. Make sure that your farm has fully loaded before you try to go to the market.

3. Check your Language setting is set to one of the more popular Languages used like English (US)
If it's already set to English (US) you can try to Reset your language. Many members have reported that their language had changed on its own. English is the best setting for the most people in the market. Even if it is already set to English try resetting it to another language, reload and then set it back to English.
4. Do you use CCleaner? If you do could you have installed and enabled Kamo? If you have please uninstall Kamo and then reboot your computer as that can cause problems with seeing farmers at market.

5. Some antivirus software are also blocking the sites needed for Farm Town. It may have an additional setting to block tracking. Try checking if any of the following sites are being blocked by the browser that you use:
  • l1.slashkey.com
  • r1.slashkey.com

If your Antivirus software is blocking tracking and you are able to temporarily disable that setting you can see if that resolves the problem. OR, you can see if adding just those sites to exceptions in the anti tracking is enough to resolve your problem.

6. Try going to the market via another route. Try visiting a neighbour or buddy, then either go back to your farm or go from there to market.
If none of these help please include the server number on which your farm is hosted and the server number of the market when you arrive. Both of these can be found in the red letters when you enter your farm or the market place. It will read Connecting to town mainframe (Chat Server: F4, Farm Server: w200) for example. In the event this is a server issue having the server numbers will help the developers track it down much more quickly.

Remember you can harvest your own crops and harvest your own fields so nothing goes to waste.
If you can not see a specific friend or Neighbour in the game you need to check if you have blocked them.

There are several ways to get to your Blocked Users..

Highlighting to copy/Paste text in Farm Town:
WebGL provides very limited support for copy and paste so we had to implement it from scratch. If the Copy/Paste/Cut menu options using right click do not work at some point, you can try the keyboard shortcuts instead:

Windows users:
CTRL+C (Copy)
CTRL+X (Cut)
CTRL+V (Paste)

Mac Users:
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-C (Copy)
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-X (Cut)
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-V (Paste)
For Suggestions for the Markets post in Storage & Market Options
For Suggestions on the messaging system post in Other uses/improvements for existing items on the farm

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 19 2024 at 09:19 PM.
Old Jan 19 2022, 03:36 PM

Default Marketplace

When I go to the marketplace there is no one there, I've try everything from cleaning cache, changing language to rebootinng system, I need someone to help me
Old Jan 19 2022, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relkins View Post
When I go to the marketplace there is no one there, I've try everything from cleaning cache, changing language to rebootinng system, I need someone to help me
Hi Relkins,
Please stop posting the same thing in multiple places. It does not help and we can't help you any better if you don't post always in the same thread for us to gather all the information in one place.

Please continue posting in the Help & Support thread about Facilities and Facility Manager:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565750
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 06 2022, 01:22 PM

Default Message

Good Morning,

Have a stuck message that I cannot open or clear.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 06 2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Good Morning,

Have a stuck message that I cannot open or clear.

Thanks for your help.
Hi bbarksda

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please run your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in others tabs.
Then reopen your farms and see if the problem is fixed.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Feb 06 2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi bbarksda

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please run your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in others tabs.
Then reopen your farms and see if the problem is fixed.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Thanks Mary.
Old Feb 06 2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Thanks Mary.
You're welcome bbarksda
Old Feb 09 2022, 07:33 AM

I've gone to the job market and everyone is gone can you help
Old Feb 09 2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan View Post
I've gone to the job market and everyone is gone can you help
Hi Peggy

I moved your post to the thread about Markets.

When you enter Job Market only you and Tom are there?

I had a look at your data and you have your language set to English US which is the correct one.

Be sure that when you load the market the plug is green. If it is red then you are off line.

I ran a deeper memcache for your farms. Please close your farms and reopen. Check if you can see farmers at Market.

If not, check if English US language is showing up when you click in Map: the Room language has to be set to English US too. If not, please change it and then click in Job Market.

If nothing works, click in your preferences, the wrench and change the language to any other and click in the green check mark. Reload the game.
Click in the wrench again, and set language back to English US and reload the game.
Old Feb 09 2022, 06:44 PM

Default Problems in market

( 1812670654 )

I cannot see any other players when I am in any of the markets or the inn. Can anyone help me please.