Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 26 2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberonich View Post
I'm using Mac OS 10.3. I found my slashkey files in macromedia, but I've never messed around with these files before. What happens to your computer when you delete them? I'm just a little nervouse about getting rid of all the farm stuff. Will it run faster after this?
I should say that I have two facebook accounts and I have farms on both of them. The more recent farm (last month) does run much faster than my older farm (over a year old).
I've just noticed in the last month or so that everything is running slower on the older farm, harvesting/plowing/planting/facilities. I clear my chache all the time and delete cookies, but that doesn't seem to help much anymore.

all that happens when you delete them, is the game is forced into reloading your entire farm from the server instead of the cache files stored in cdn.slashkey.com

it basically works the same as the browsers cache, but for flash instead

and yes, it can make things run a little smoother
Old Jun 26 2010, 11:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesToAshes View Post
Really? Ive read a total of two pages... and the majority is complaining about stupid little things.. GET OVER IT seriously FarmTown has 6,283,842 active players/user (taken from a facebook page so add myspace and you got a lot of people) Nothing will run perfectly with that many people to tend with, computer programs ect. if you all want to complain about something go play Farmville by Zynga and see how much better FarmTown really is...
AMEN! Thank you for saying it. I guess I should have but I didn't. If you all want to continue to whine and complain just stop playing. Delete your farm and go play a game that runs slower than a turtle. Farm your little hearts out in Farmville and pay out the a** for the useless **** they want you to have (cause they won't give you what you ask for). Rely on your neighbors to make your crops grow bigger and have to sit and click just as much (even more than here because you can't hire people to plow for you) to get any XP. Put all the cartoon buildings on your 1(ONE) farm and stare at how pretty they are cause they don't do anything else. Forget getting better income from your crops because you can't turn them in to anything else. This is how ever a wonderful solution to all your animal, crop, and production problems because you can't do anything with all the **** that you grow. Oh and don't forget to enjoy the never ending pop-up screens every two seconds asking you to share all your **** with your neighbors but you can't have any of it yourself even though it came from your farm!

To everyone else please continue to enjoy your game. It should run better and smoother once all the people that want to complain leave!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 27 2010, 12:08 AM

Red face new stuff

I absolutely love he new facilities so much that I finally broke done and bought farm dollars!
How about making pumpkin pies?
Old Jun 27 2010, 12:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
Maybe the devs should just stop trying to make the game better for us.

As far as the gift exchange I have not had one instance of it not working. You have to click on the "click here" link and then click the exchange button after you have decided what you want to exchange it for. TWO CLICKS NOT ONE!
Dude, the **** dont work on myspace........... neither did the produce fatster, and some other stuff.
MS cannot exchange gifts.
Old Jun 27 2010, 12:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTerry View Post
This is where it's located on my system

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\LJZA67N4\cdn.slashkey.com

you might have to show hidden files to get to it
Theres really nothing in that. All it is is a folder with a txt document in it with very very very little information.
Old Jun 27 2010, 12:56 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberonich View Post
I'm using Mac OS 10.3. I found my slashkey files in macromedia, but I've never messed around with these files before. What happens to your computer when you delete them? I'm just a little nervouse about getting rid of all the farm stuff. Will it run faster after this?
I should say that I have two facebook accounts and I have farms on both of them. The more recent farm (last month) does run much faster than my older farm (over a year old).
I've just noticed in the last month or so that everything is running slower on the older farm, harvesting/plowing/planting/facilities. I clear my chache all the time and delete cookies, but that doesn't seem to help much anymore.
if you follow these directions that i copied from the Help and support section a while back you will find this will be very helpful... after you delete the folders ok and you reboot your pc and sign back into farm town it will rebuild the folders a pure clean install of Farm Town like your very first visit......
the messages here with outside links will be removed guys we can't put outside links a mod will remove them ok??

here you go:

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.
You need to have administrator access to your PC in order to do this.

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.
This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

Select the folder and delete it.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 27 2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
the messages here with outside links will be removed guys we can't put outside links a mod will remove them ok??
I have now deleted it and surprised it hasn't been deleted before now... pity about that as the links are relevant to some of the problems this game is having and not spam or self serving. Hopefully some managed to grab the links!

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 27 2010, 02:17 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
I have now deleted it and surprised it hasn't been deleted before now... pity about that as the links are relevant to some of the problems this game is having and not spam or self serving. Hopefully some managed to grab the links!
actually the directions i left up here were from the help and support section and it removes all the junk flash files for you it is a very helpful thing you need to do when we have updates i do it every time and biggest part of the gliches are solved with doing that........for real

GOD Bless The USA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 27 2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
actually the directions i left up here were from the help and support section and it removes all the junk flash files for you it is a very helpful thing you need to do when we have updates i do it every time and biggest part of the gliches are solved with doing that........for real
True although many are not confident nor understand the process. Sometimes sorting out computer issues are as good as playing any games....now I say sometimes! lol

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 27 2010, 02:40 AM

Level:
XP:

i'm posting too much . part of the troubles we are having with Farm Town may be attributed to Face book doing updates. I don't know if it is just throwing it out there as a possibility with loading issues and crashes..... who knows .......

GOD Bless The USA

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread