Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 09 2021, 06:35 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Looks like these issues may be fixed now folks, please reload your game and try again!

Old Dec 13 2021, 05:10 PM

Default Gifts, trains

I am unable to send gifts, accept gifts and move any trains since new update
Old Dec 13 2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiehav777 View Post
I am unable to send gifts, accept gifts and move any trains since new update
Hi jamiehav

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts as that was the first problem you mentioned.

Please explain us what happens when you try to send gifts. Are the friends lists not loading?
Is it the same when you try to send trains boost requests?

Please be sure your browser is up to date.

Also, check if 3rd party cookies are still allowed in your browser.
If you need instructions, visit the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you do any change/update then it is better to close and restart your computer.

You can also try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and check the gifting again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If nothing works for you, then try another updated browser with 3rd party cookies allowed in it.
Old Dec 15 2021, 11:46 PM

The gift function isn't working. There comes an errore message with Facebook Error Invalid Access_Token. Also it doesn't accept the gifts, when you reload the game it is the same gifts coming up to be accepted

Kind regards JP FARMER
Old Dec 15 2021, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Farmer View Post
The gift function isn't working. There comes an errore message with Facebook Error Invalid Access_Token. Also it doesn't accept the gifts, when you reload the game it is the same gifts coming up to be accepted

Kind regards JP FARMER
Hi JP Farmer,
I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

We have had a few reports about this problem but non of us could reproduce it.

Please be sure your browser is up to date and also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Also, be sure 3rd party cookies and pop ups are still allowed in your browser.
If you need instructions for this, please visit the following link:

If nothing works, then try to use another updated browser with 3rd party cookies allowed in it.

Also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

For the stuck gifts this is a random problem that happens sometimes. It is a case of the data not transferring from Facebook to Farm Town as the gift processing is done through Facebook.

You can check the following link and see if your gifts are there Facebook Games Activity

If they are you can try deleting them through there and see if they will be removed in your My Requests. Please visit the following link to know how to work through the Activity page and also what to expect in case you have already accepted those gifts.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 16 2021, 01:14 AM

Smile Fast and helpful response

Hi TAZ,
thank you for the quick repsonse to my problem. I cleared the memcache and it worked like a charm Thanks for the help, and have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old Dec 17 2021, 09:56 AM

Humbugs again, it's shaping up to be a giftless Xmas on Safari Farm Town. When attempting to Return Gifts to All, FT freezes when the Farmers List Button is clicked. Individual gifts can also not be sent, nor can Requests for Boost be sent. This problem always clears up eventually, as it is always a Facebook / Farm Town interface problem. When loading FT on Safari, the game sits on a black screen seemingly forever, probably 20-30 seconds, and it's like molasses in January. I'm sure everyone was hoping the migration would cure the reviled glitches that plague this game, but without Flash to blame, Guys and Girl, we're stuck with lumps of coal again. For Mac users like myself, how about a look into the real problem rather than preformatively advising Browser Roulette, after all that's not the game I wanted to play. If it's bad news like buy a newer computer, dump Mac, or embrace the Glitch Grinch; or something less like Safari is your problem, or you need 16 or more GB of RAM to play today, fine just lay it out. If you don't know either, then there's not much left to do but say that the last 11-12 years have really been something, and TYAVM for all of it.

Lorenzo

PECCATUM ORIGINALE
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...766&farm_ix=20
Old Dec 17 2021, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Greenslate View Post
Humbugs again, it's shaping up to be a giftless Xmas on Safari Farm Town. When attempting to Return Gifts to All, FT freezes when the Farmers List Button is clicked. Individual gifts can also not be sent, nor can Requests for Boost be sent. This problem always clears up eventually, as it is always a Facebook / Farm Town interface problem. When loading FT on Safari, the game sits on a black screen seemingly forever, probably 20-30 seconds, and it's like molasses in January. I'm sure everyone was hoping the migration would cure the reviled glitches that plague this game, but without Flash to blame, Guys and Girl, we're stuck with lumps of coal again. For Mac users like myself, how about a look into the real problem rather than preformatively advising Browser Roulette, after all that's not the game I wanted to play. If it's bad news like buy a newer computer, dump Mac, or embrace the Glitch Grinch; or something less like Safari is your problem, or you need 16 or more GB of RAM to play today, fine just lay it out. If you don't know either, then there's not much left to do but say that the last 11-12 years have really been something, and TYAVM for all of it.
Hi Larry,
Do you have Safari set to clear the browser cache when you close it down? That could be why it takes so long to load each time as it is having to download all the graphics each time.
It does not matter whether you are on a MAc or a Windows computer, everyone has better luck with different browsers. It depends on how your computer is set up as everyone has different preferences or needs on their computer and their browsers which makes them work differently for each one. Everyone finds one browser works better than the others for them. The game is not specifically set up for any particular browser and I don't know of any games that are. For the Mac some can play just fine on Safari where some have had to switch to Opera because that worked better for them.

The minimum requirements are laid out in the HTML/WebGL and it is 8 GB minimum. More does help some, but is not required.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 17 2021, 11:28 AM

What's going on Can not receive gifts and when I try to sen All I get is "INVALID ACCESS CODE" This has happened before and it is frustrating to have to go to Farmtown gifts and accept one at a time ..PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE...AGAIN No problem on husbands farm
Old Dec 17 2021, 11:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkleBaby View Post
What's going on Can not receive gifts and when I try to sen All I get is "INVALID ACCESS CODE" This has happened before and it is frustrating to have to go to Farmtown gifts and accept one at a time ..PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE...AGAIN No problem on husbands farm
Hi BinkleBaby,
This is not something that can be fixed by Farm Town. Gifts are done through Facebook and this problem shows up randomly.

Please try the following:
  • Check that your browser is still showing up to date, update it if it needed.
  • Check that 3rd party cookies and popups are still showing allowed in your browser. If you are only checking they are allowed by clicking on the padlock in the browser address bar please also go into the browser settings and make sure that they are not blocked there either. Browser updates can sometimes change these settings.
    Instructions for the common browsers can be found by clicking on this link:
  • If you make any changes to your browser please close the browser for a few minutes then reopen it rather than Relaunching it if it's offering you that.
  • Try also clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.
  • If those don't help, please see if you get the same problem in another updated browser that has 3rd party cookies and popups allowed.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifting machines, gifts, gifts issues, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows