Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 26 2010, 05:57 PM

Question Facilities Question

I have a question someone might help me out with.

I have two farms, as many do, and they share storage.
My question is: if I have the cows, goats and dairy shed on one farm, can I put the actual processing plant on the other and get the same result?
I think I should be able to since storage is shared, but I don't want to spend 300,000 if it won't work that way.
Any answers? TIA.
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
I have a question someone might help me out with.

I have two farms, as many do, and they share storage.
My question is: if I have the cows, goats and dairy shed on one farm, can I put the actual processing plant on the other and get the same result?
I think I should be able to since storage is shared, but I don't want to spend 300,000 if it won't work that way.
Any answers? TIA.
you can have the same buildings on each farm, and they work fine.

I have a Windmill, Sugar Factory, Dairy Plant on each farm, yet have cows on one farm and goats on the other.
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, while I can see where you are coming from I think that the refineries are o.k. as they are. If the sugar refinery only processes 120 sugarcane a day then only plant 120 sugar cane per day - if the mill only processes 120/480 wheat per day then only plant that many.
I have to agree with Capricorn1 - the Red Mill is ok processing wheat, but the sugar refinery is too slow. I currently have 540 units in production, so it will take 4 1/2 days to complete, so no point planting any more sugar cane for a while. The Dairy Processing Plant does ok with butter, but the cheese & goat cheese seem to take forever. I know I don't have to send all the milk to the factory, but since I make more coins that way (exp. pts., too), it seems the reasonable thing to do. I do like the new facilities - much fun!
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Yes it increases in line with the amount of animals you have.
That's not really true... Butter is always 30 minutes, cheese 4 hours and goat cheese 3 hours.

You can produce more simply because you're adding more milk but the production times don't increase with more animals.

I'm already out about 15 days on goat cheese production. I'll have to start selling the goat milk.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
That's not really true... Butter is always 30 minutes, cheese 4 hours and goat cheese 3 hours.

You can produce more simply because you're adding more milk but the production times don't increase with more animals.

I'm already out about 15 days on goat cheese production. I'll have to start selling the goat milk.
Thanks Janisko, I misread the OPs question (I thought they were asking would you get more milk if you had more cows ) Thanks for picking me up on that and sorry to the OP.
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn1 View Post
No, I don't like your suggestion;
you can play your way,
I want to play my way.

This sort of reasoning would never bring about the industrial revolution.

If you were calling the shots, we would be running DOS-5 or Windows 95 on Intel 386 computers.

ENOUGH of it.
Hi, totally agree with you on you play it your way and I will play it mine !

You are incorrect on one thing though .. I would prefer we went back to the TRS-80 (Z80 16kram 16k rom) or the Commodore 64 !! Now that is when Computers had some serious power
Old Mar 26 2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyskid View Post
I have to agree with Capricorn1 - the Red Mill is ok processing wheat, but the sugar refinery is too slow. I currently have 540 units in production, so it will take 4 1/2 days to complete, so no point planting any more sugar cane for a while. The Dairy Processing Plant does ok with butter, but the cheese & goat cheese seem to take forever. I know I don't have to send all the milk to the factory, but since I make more coins that way (exp. pts., too), it seems the reasonable thing to do. I do like the new facilities - much fun!
We don't yet even know how fast things will be when this is fully implemented. We have to wait until we see what happens when the neighbor interaction phase of this whole thing is implemented.

In the meantime, I'm pretty content with the times. I don't want anymore cows or goats than I have and I'm already growing more wheat than I would prefer. The sugar plant could be a bit faster but we'll have to wait and see what happens next.
Old Mar 26 2010, 07:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Default sugar refinery-pd amounts

Can someone tell me why I am only getting 200 pts for every ten units of sugar refined since the first batch which I received 2000 pts for. I appreciate any help
Old Mar 26 2010, 08:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Angry new facilites

cannot get any of mine to work have put loads in but getting nothing back please help me i am getting so fustrated with this please help me

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 26 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn laut View Post
cannot get any of mine to work have put loads in but getting nothing back please help me i am getting so fustrated with this please help me
Hi, open the facility and click on "what's cooking"
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities