Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 20 2023, 11:36 AM

Default Repeat Coop Quests/Rarity of Finding Ingredient

Hello,

For the second time in 5 days, I have gotten the Dried Plums quest (adding them to the snack machine). What makes this annoying is that (by my count) there are exactly 3 coop quests that have plums in their ingredients. THREE.

That makes finding plums nearly impossible to do by the time the quest expires. The first time, I was extremely lucky to find someone in the trading marketplace who had one of the 3 quests last week, but for this go-round, I'm having extreme difficulty, even after trying for hours at a time - going to the hiring marketplace, accessing all of the available coop quests, going to the trading marketplace, accessing all of the available coop quests, going back to the hiring marketplace... wash, rinse, repeat. And with only one help sticky, is it more likely to find plums, or DRIED plums?! Right... So I have to save the help sticky for the dried plums. You see why I'm so frustrated?

I'm guessing there's no limitation on how many times the exact same quest can be assigned to someone, but there should be. Or make sure there are more than THREE quests that use an ingredient.

I love this game, and I love doing coop quests. It's one of my FAVORITE things. But this is frustrating.

-Christi
Old Dec 20 2023, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU Rocker View Post
Hello,

For the second time in 5 days, I have gotten the Dried Plums quest (adding them to the snack machine). What makes this annoying is that (by my count) there are exactly 3 coop quests that have plums in their ingredients. THREE.

That makes finding plums nearly impossible to do by the time the quest expires. The first time, I was extremely lucky to find someone in the trading marketplace who had one of the 3 quests last week, but for this go-round, I'm having extreme difficulty, even after trying for hours at a time - going to the hiring marketplace, accessing all of the available coop quests, going to the trading marketplace, accessing all of the available coop quests, going back to the hiring marketplace... wash, rinse, repeat. And with only one help sticky, is it more likely to find plums, or DRIED plums?! Right... So I have to save the help sticky for the dried plums. You see why I'm so frustrated?

I'm guessing there's no limitation on how many times the exact same quest can be assigned to someone, but there should be. Or make sure there are more than THREE quests that use an ingredient.

I love this game, and I love doing coop quests. It's one of my FAVORITE things. But this is frustrating.

-Christi
Hi Christi,
The quests are randomly assigned by the program on the server. There isn't any way for the program to know what quests you have had previously.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 17 2024, 04:29 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

If my quests are done at 8 in the evening and I have already gone to bed, can I still claim them tomorrow?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 17 2024, 04:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofe2005@yahoo.com View Post
If my quests are done at 8 in the evening and I have already gone to bed, can I still claim them tomorrow?
Hi Kofe,
Yes as long as they have not dropped off of the list. They are only good on the list for 7 days exactly to the second.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 17 2024, 05:09 PM

Level:
XP:

Not sure I understand. If the seven days to the second are up 8 o'clock and I have gone to bed, can I still claim the farm cash when I get up the next morning?

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 17 2024, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not sure I understand. If the seven days to the second are up 8 o'clock and I have gone to bed, can I still claim the farm cash when I get up the next morning?
Hi Kofe,
No as those quests would have expire. That is 7 days from the time the quest is complete. You can see how long they have been completed by clicking on the Show Quests and it will list your completed quests and a time length from the time it was completed.
Old Jan 17 2024, 05:21 PM

Level:
XP:

So I can't claim them exactly to the second so how do I get the start time earlier in the day so I can claim a farm cash on them?

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 17 2024, 05:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So I can't claim them exactly to the second so how do I get the start time earlier in the day so I can claim a farm cash on them?
Hi Kofe,
All the information about how the quests work is in the Game Guide chapter 28 about those:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

The start date/time is 7 days exactly after the last time you collected. If you are going to wait until the next morning to collect this time, then the next one will be 7 days later at the same time in the morning as you collect this week.
Old Jan 17 2024, 05:29 PM

Level:
XP:

So if the time is up at 8 pm and i can't claim farm cash the next morning but i can claim coins then the next seven days start when i claim coins the next morning. Is that correct?

Visit 's Farm

Old Jan 17 2024, 05:47 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Farm cash

So if the 7 days are up at 8 exactly. What is the time range available to claim the farm cash? Can it be claimed within a certain number of minutes before or after 8? I have read the info on quests in the forum guide but still trying to understand. I thank you for your patience with my questions.

Visit 's Farm

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline