Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 24 2021, 07:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
OK Tiger will do that if it happens again and also try to remember not to toggle the console off as it's annoying and I think the game goes slightly faster with it off.
Hi kevat508,

Just to let you know I tried this in the version we are testing at the moment and both users screens are updating so fast that neither of us can click on the same spot at exactly the same time. As soon as one clicks a spot it's fraction of a second quicker than the other one did and that section then disappears from the others screen. You do have to drop the tool to get the display to update for both of you once you are done. So it's possible that the next update you get may work better for you. I can't be sure as we don't know if you would have had this problem in the flash version.

When more of us are online at the same time we will try it again.

All I can really suggest is that you either message her to remind her you are starting work on her farms, or perhaps see if she's online and you can see her on the same farm you are about to work.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 24 2021, 08:00 AM

Thank you again Tiger for keeping me informed. That sounds good about the speed as running slow is one of my pet hates but I know the game is getting worked upon so I just wait for it to get better. The game locking up doesn't bother me to much I just thought I would mention it as you ask for any bugs to be reported. If a few people report something I don't bother as you already have the details.
Old Mar 24 2021, 08:05 AM

First I'll start with saying that everything released prior to hiring has been working fine for me, been happy with the work done so far The problem i'm having is when i hire a non-neighbor for fishing. The farms are wall to wall lakes/seacoasts, so it is extreme, but never had problems in the Flash version. As soon as they start working the WebGL memory usage goes through the roof and leaves me basically frozen in the game. We've tried the same a few times, always the same result. Today when it happened I tried leaving the game and going back in, memory usage was normal, but it was coincidentally the same time the worker was locked out with a message, "WARNING: ERROR: SFS.CallMethod - not connected". I've attached a screen shot of the FT Console showing memory usage.
Thanks,
Jeff (1209353981)
With FT Worker.jpg
Old Mar 24 2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdone View Post
First I'll start with saying that everything released prior to hiring has been working fine for me, been happy with the work done so far The problem i'm having is when i hire a non-neighbor for fishing. The farms are wall to wall lakes/seacoasts, so it is extreme, but never had problems in the Flash version. As soon as they start working the WebGL memory usage goes through the roof and leaves me basically frozen in the game. We've tried the same a few times, always the same result. Today when it happened I tried leaving the game and going back in, memory usage was normal, but it was coincidentally the same time the worker was locked out with a message, "WARNING: ERROR: SFS.CallMethod - not connected". I've attached a screen shot of the FT Console showing memory usage.
Thanks,
Jeff (1209353981)
Attachment 24694
Hi inkdone

We have some questions for you to let the developers know.

.- Is this happening in your own farms or you go to your superneighbor farm?

.- If it is in your own farm we need to know which farm is having the problem. If this happens in your superneighbor farm, we need their id number (they find it in the message above the game screen) and also which farm has the problem.

.- Are you both on the same farm at the same time when one of you is working as superneighbor? If so, have the farm owner tried to not be there while the superneighbor is working?

.- Is this happenning if the owner tries to fish their own farm? Or it only happens when the farm is worked by a superneighbor?

.- Is this the only farm where you have problems?

Thank you
Old Mar 24 2021, 09:29 AM

> This is happening on my own farms, and they are not a super-neighbor

> They are hired for farms 31 - 43, they are the water only farms. They're only hired to Fish, never been hired to H/P or Harvest any other farms

> We are not on the same farms at any time, I hire them from Farm 2 and do not following them to the farms they're hired for

>If I fish my own farms there is minor change in memory usage, never anything that slows me down or freezes me up. Only happens when hiring others.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Mar 24 2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdone View Post
> This is happening on my own farms, and they are not a super-neighbor

> They are hired for farms 31 - 43, they are the water only farms. They're only hired to Fish, never been hired to H/P or Harvest any other farms

> We are not on the same farms at any time, I hire them from Farm 2 and do not following them to the farms they're hired for

>If I fish my own farms there is minor change in memory usage, never anything that slows me down or freezes me up. Only happens when hiring others.

Thanks,
Jeff
Thanks for the information inkdone

.- Is this farmer your neighbor/ friend/buddy? Asking this in case you could get their id number.

Passing your information to the developers. In case we need more information we will send you a private message.
Old Mar 24 2021, 10:01 AM

Not a neighbor or buddy, just a FB friend. I could get their ID if necessary, but likely wouldn't be until tomorrow.

Jeff
Old Mar 24 2021, 11:18 AM

Default Trains and ships

For me the game is running great, the only problem I have is with getting enough product I usually get from my 10 trains and s 7 ships hips that are not gifts
Old Mar 24 2021, 11:41 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
Thank you again Tiger for keeping me informed. That sounds good about the speed as running slow is one of my pet hates but I know the game is getting worked upon so I just wait for it to get better. The game locking up doesn't bother me to much I just thought I would mention it as you ask for any bugs to be reported. If a few people report something I don't bother as you already have the details.
Hi kevat508,

More questions, so sorry. Do you know if you were both online or offline at the time this happened. If only one of you was online which one?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 24 2021, 11:58 AM

I have been away for a while. Let me get this straight as of now, for the time being:
1) Not able to hire a stranger
2) Trains not working Yet
3) Can't upgrade land
4) Can't sell off excess product
Closed Thread