Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 18 2018, 07:39 AM

Just harvest/plow on all my farms that are ready. I have cleared my cache & will try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Katz,

I have just hired with no problems. Which jobs were you hiring for?

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again please.
Old Apr 18 2018, 07:49 AM

I don't understand the rationale behind the switch on fuel when hiring.
Old Apr 18 2018, 07:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
She prefers crops but does other things as well. I suggested to her that she try clearing the Farm Town memcache but apparently she is having similar problems on the farms of others even after trying that.

What I did learn though is that she did not know that the available fuel is shown on screen while she is working on other farms. She asked how she would know when her own fuel is used up. So I think she probably did use it up and was trying to use mine when it hit zero. I also do not know what browsers other than Chrome she may use if this would make a difference.
Hi Qivis,

To to market and start to hire someone but don't complete the hire. Check in the hire window if you have allowed fuel to be used. When she is on your farm working, as of this update, it should be using your fuel not hers.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 18 2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Qivis,

To to market and start to hire someone but don't complete the hire. Check in the hire window if you have allowed fuel to be used. When she is on your farm working, as of this update, it should be using your fuel not hers.
I have just worked the first 8 farms of another neighbor for whom I am Super Farmer and noticed my fuel did not drop by a single tank. This is consistent with the aforementioned update, but one of my accounts that I have kept for testing purposes (even after learning of Facebook's one account rule) just worked 2 of my farms and my fuel gauge did not change until I refreshed FT in my own browser window. And this is somewhat consistent with the changes as well even if a bit delayed. I am going to have to assume that the issue is something unique to Ana's account or computer since it will be a few weeks until even my testing account runs out of his own fuel and is able to experiment further. Thanks for the help and suggestions though.

I forgot to mention that she is 6 hours ahead of Eastern US time since she lives in Spain and I am in the same time zone as Slashkey if this makes any difference.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Apr 18 2018 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Added last sentence
Old Apr 18 2018, 08:09 AM

Default global ingrediant planner

can someone point me to that please
Old Apr 18 2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I don't understand the rationale behind the switch on fuel when hiring.
Many farmers have complained about having to use up their own fuel before they can use that of their employers. This is in part because fuel is also used when filling semi-trucks and using tools for collecting from and filling factories and shops. I seem to remember Raul saying something about possibly changing it in one of the surveys he sent me a couple months ago.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Apr 18 2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added 2nd sentence explaining why people grumbled
Old Apr 18 2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Many farmers have complained about having to use up their own fuel before they can use that of their employers. This is in part because fuel is also used when filling semi-trucks and using tools for collecting from and filling factories and shops. I seem to remember Raul saying something about possibly changing it in one of the surveys he sent me a couple months ago.
Oh sure, I understand why the fuel refuseniks wanted the change, I just don't see what's in it for those who've actually bought the Oil Refinery.
Old Apr 18 2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clougo View Post
can someone point me to that please
Hi clougo,

Open your Facility Manager and up top right you will see a little notepad. Click on it and it opens the global ingredient planner.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 18 2018, 08:21 AM

Thank you for the new updates , and for all the work you do on the game.

I may be a bit slow today, but what is the Global Ingredient Planner, and where can I find it .....thanks
Old Apr 18 2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Thank you for the new updates , and for all the work you do on the game.

I may be a bit slow today, but what is the Global Ingredient Planner, and where can I find it .....thanks
Hi peekachoo,

Open your Facility Manager and up top right you will see a little notepad. Click on it and it opens the global ingredient planner.

Clickable Help Links:

Closed Thread