Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 27 2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thonotosassa49 View Post
When I go to the market to hire, I will sit and observe the people in there. In no time at all, you can figure who NOT to hire.I hire one person to h/p all 11 farms solo. They love it.

I have one farm completely full of oaks and I only hire one person to do it. I even had one person ask for it even though he did not have a chainsaw. He stayed with it until he was done and was a happy camper to have the whole field to himself even though he chopped one tree at a time.
I have done the same and also prefer it. I don't have chainsaws either. I have also gone out on multi hire jobs with people who stated in the Market they did not have chainsaws and showed up with equipment to harvest half the planet and mowed over the top of me and a few others who were honest with the person hiring us and in the original post to obtain a job. This is not a first with other workers lying and undercutting workers who truly don't have that equipment and can't get it because we have not reached the level needed to do so. It isn't that we don't want to obtain it. We can't, even when we have the funds to do so.

This mowing over the top of other workers who also need the cash to build their farms isn't right, nor is it right and fair the way some of the farmers treat and cheat the workers. I've had it happen 3 times. Fortunately, I have more assignments from totally awesome farmers than bad ones but all it takes is 2 or 3 multi level **** heads to make workers feel the need to take revenge on the next person who hires them.

I made an awesome $5.5 MILLION working factories for a new farmer who was referred to hire me by my regulars. I hope he does so again. I was not cheated one dime, nor 1% of my share.

But when you take a fruit harvest job for crops you need for your factories and believe taking that job and its rewards will save you from having to buy the crops needed until your own trees are ready, and then you are cheated, it doesn't do much for the reputation of the farmer who did this because the workers talk among themselves and we report it here. It would be nice if the multi level farmers started cleaning up their counterparts. One complaint of such behavior should be all it takes. Makes it worse when Support does not reply to such complaints nor to complaints I've issued several times in less than a week over my Chat Boxes not working (no, I wasn't in Fullscreen Mode. I work that way. I don't Chat that way.) so I could not head to the market to post this cheating by FTD Farms.

I've been bilked 3 times in 3 weeks: twice by the same farmer, different farms.

Thank you --- Oklahoma Rose

Last edited by Oklahoma Rose; Nov 27 2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old Nov 28 2011, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rose View Post
I made an awesome $5.5 MILLION working factories for a new farmer who was referred to hire me by my regulars. I hope he does so again. I was not cheated one dime, nor 1% of my share.

But when you take a fruit harvest job for crops you need for your factories and believe taking that job and its rewards will save you from having to buy the crops needed until your own trees are ready, and then you are cheated, it doesn't do much for the reputation of the farmer who did this because the workers talk among themselves and we report it here. It would be nice if the multi level farmers started cleaning up their counterparts. One complaint of such behavior should be all it takes. Makes it worse when Support does not reply to such complaints nor to complaints I've issued several times in less than a week over my Chat Boxes not working (no, I wasn't in Fullscreen Mode. I work that way. I don't Chat that way.) so I could not head to the market to post this cheating by FTD Farms.

I've been bilked 3 times in 3 weeks: twice by the same farmer, different farms.

Thank you --- Oklahoma Rose
Just to clarify one point. The farmer does not have any control over what you receive for working for them. What you get which is only 20% of the crop plus 25% of the value comes from the "mayor" or in other words the game. So telling everyone about a farmer like you want to would be telling them a lie about the person.

The amount you receive goes directly into your storage so unless you know in advance what you are going to harvest and can check how much you have then how do you know you were "cheated" out of your reward?

I am trying to figure out how you worked someones facilities if you are not their neighbor because those are the only ones you are supposed to be able to do that for.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 28 2011, 12:58 PM

As far as hiring is concerned, so far I've had some luck with the people I get to harvest my crops, trees, and flowers. I've had a number that just leave without leaving a thank-you note even if I was hired to do some work on another farm, or don't even say "your welcome" or "no problem" or whatever even when I thank them. But, I've also had a number that were kind enough to say "thanks" for being hired. And I appreciate that, and even say as much to them.

As far as the plowing is concerned, I've been pretty lucky (knock on wood) that I haven't had anybody get snarky with me if I don't hire them to plow. There's a reason that I don't want them to plow, and its either a) because I need to clear some fields to make some necessary improvements to where all my capital and assets are going to be, or b) because I would rather do it myself. If they have a problem with me not hiring to plow fields, well that's just too bad: it's their problem, not mine. Just ignore them (and I don't mean by pressing the ignore button on them) if they start getting their panties in a knot, and they'll eventually give up and leave.

I've had one guy who I hired that came too late to harvest anything, and to say the least he was a bit disappointed. But I didn't say anything back, there was no need since everything was done already. I didn't get rude with him and tell him that he had to leave because everything was all done, I just patiently and quietly went about my business on my farm until he finally got the point and left.

There's no reason why someone should be so crabby because they never get to plow someone's fields. All it takes is just a touch of courtesy and etiquette to politely ASK if plowing needs to be done. If someone doesn't hire me to plow and they're on the same field with me, all I do is just ask "Can I plow for you too?" And if I get hired, great! If I don't, either by a simple "No," "No thanks" or no response after a minute or two, then I just tip my hat and take my leave and say thanks for the hire anyway. This goes for the same thing if trees need to be harvested or chopped and flowers need to be harvested. If they don't want me to harvest/chop trees and flowers, that's just fine. I've done my job there, thanks for the hire, and move on to something else.

As far as the activity of being hired, I find that the less you say the more likely you'll get hired. I put anybody who starts screaming that they want to be hired on my ignore list and that includes anybody who starts creating these unnecessary messages that are long and irritating (like "HIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" repeatedly over and over again) or anything similar, they go on my ignore list. I've had to block another user that looked like he had ants in his pants he was moving around so much! Yeah, you can move around a lot, but not so much that you can't even sit still long enough for an employer to click on him to even hire him! If you're going to be acting like that, you might as well be playing PacMan than getting hired on FarmTown.

I like solo (and yes I know about the act of sharing too, don't worry about that, for those of you who despise players who like to do solo work) for the reason that I don't have to be literally fighting and competing with users that are faster clickers than me or have "All Tools." I agree that a lot of users need to back to elementary school to learn about sharing. Every time I get hired on with a bunch of other people I get this sense that it's a game of who-gets-to-harvest/plow/chop-the-fastest-and-the-most. It's really annoying, especially when someone who is arrogant enough to not leave the little patch of crop or harvested field for me to finish up and "helps" you finish it. Help my ***!! (I admit, though, that I've been bad for doing that to other people too, on occasion, and that is something that I've been working on. Usually I'm good about leaving a patch for someone else to clean up while I work on it) Sometimes I've also had someone work on the same piece that I'm on even though there's a whole farm to work on. If they're going to be like that, I just either move to a different part, or if they're being consistently rude, then I just leave to wait for another hire.

But the main reason, as I mentioned above, that I prefer solo work is that I don't have to worry about whether the other person or people being hired are going to start playing a competition game with me. I have several farms to work on, and I'll stay there until the job is done, and literally work at my own pace without having to break the Guinness World Record for number of mouse-clicks per second. My finger gets a little sore after a while because I don't have all the tools yet, but at least it's a little extra money in the bank and some extra stuff to sell on the market, and I'm satisfied that it's one more farm that has a job done.

I've also been hired to something that's already been done. Part of the time it's my fault because I was either away from the computer or working on something else on a different page and didn't see the hire request come up. I have to accept the request anyway because who knows what work is left on the farm for me? If there's no work to be done, I just leave, sometimes saying thanks for the hire, but everything looks to be done already. Other times it's the fault of the employer because they hired too many people at one time to harvest one field, or harvest one that had the 5x5 combine tool. I've had a couple of experiences where one "farmer" (more of a swindler than a farmer) hired a dozen people only to find that the field or whatever was done already. A few weeks ago I and a number of others were hired to a farm where there was a message written in the field that said "SUCKERS!" How in the heck can someone be so benevolent?? Sure it's a joke to them, but you wonder how they would feel if someone did that to them? I'll bet your boots that they wouldn't appreciate it any either!

I know I could go on forever (and beat a dead horse in the process, as I'm sure this has been discussed over and over again on here), but I think that pretty much covers my say on the hiring and being-hired process of Farm Town. But don't get me wrong: this is actually my favoritest (if that's a word) farm/agriculture-related game on Facebook. I've played on a bunch of others, and none of those games can hold a candle to what FarmTown has to offer.
Old Nov 28 2011, 11:28 PM

I have a suggestion regarding the market place an hiring. It would be nice if the developers would make it so You can either hire people with NO TOOLS to work all your farms OR someone with TOOLS. It has gotten real bad in the market trying to get a job an when going there the person hired several with no tools an then someone that has tools! I usually leave when that happens to me.
Old Nov 29 2011, 03:33 PM
Account Not Linked

It seems like there are a lot of bad employers out there. I only hire solo for my 11 fields. If all they have is 4x4 and have to harvest and then plow, so be it. I am not impatient. They need the points, etc. If they have no tools, then I hire them for two fields and let them take their time. Life is too short to hurry about.
Old Dec 01 2011, 06:10 AM

I've been taking jobs from the market recently (i have all the tools and will do any job and work away preferably on my own but i'm not fussy!) Anyway what makes me feel uncomfortable is when the person hiring me takes me to another farm to plow when someone without tools is harvesting away happily. i think they should at least wait until the person finishes. I'm afraid i just left. There was no thank you or conversation when i did their other farms before this! However i have mostly had good experiences and it's only now and then that people irritate me lol
Old Dec 01 2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nile View Post
I've been taking jobs from the market recently (i have all the tools and will do any job and work away preferably on my own but i'm not fussy!) Anyway what makes me feel uncomfortable is when the person hiring me takes me to another farm to plow when someone without tools is harvesting away happily. i think they should at least wait until the person finishes. I'm afraid i just left. There was no thank you or conversation when i did their other farms before this! However i have mostly had good experiences and it's only now and then that people irritate me lol
I totally agree with you ! when i go to the MKP to hire I usually hire one person if they have the combine and I have alot of farms ready If they don't have the tools i hire them for 2 farms but I don't expect them to share with anyone it's theirs to work.I myself prefer to be hired solo as I've gone to too many farms that have 3 or 4 working on the same farm with no tools and the farmer expects me to take away their work I'm sorry I refuse to do that! I feel the farmer should really be responsible enough especially if he has 11 or 12 farms ready to assign specific farms to either each individual depending on how many he hires or each to a specific task such as trees, fish etc. I've also been to farms that when there's already a person there with the combine that i'll either leave that farm and go to the next and yet when i do the person is so greedy that she/he has to follow and grab as much as they can or berates me for even going for a share I don't hog so that's the reason why I prefer solo really.Twice I was called foul names in private chat because i was only taking a share the hired person felt it all belonged to her another time when I went to a farm and saw 5 ppl with no tools working one small farm I remarked that I wasn't needed and was told in chat that I had no right to decide how many the farmer wanted to hire and to shut the bleep up and do the bleeping work! suffice to say i put those two ppl on permanent ignore! Overall I enjoy this game over everyother farm game there is on facebook and I have no intentions on moving over to another game and I've been playing this game since 2009
Old Dec 01 2011, 11:10 PM

WORK FOR YOURSELF... I need the points to level up, and you are the rude player. I do a fantastic job, often clean up after messey workers. You need to work for yourself first to determine how a job needs to be compleated... It is not a jump from here to there trying to complete work. It is LIKE REALITY
Old Dec 06 2011, 01:51 AM

I actually appreciate farmers who do not want you to plow their farms, especially the layered farms. This is a difficult technique to learn and one I admire. I first heard about from a friend, Lisa Astrup, who spent over an hour one evening teaching me about the technique and providing links so I could learn how to do this when I have my second farm. I won't try it until then because to do so, I'd have to go to more effort on my first farm than I want to now that I have it loaded to the max with "stuff" around crops.

I don't want anyone plowing for me. I just like to do it myself. It's my first farm here and with all the other issues I've had with this game (including the disappearance of a recently purchased Sandwich Shop that, less than 24 hours old, vanished while in full production, as did a new and full rabbit hutch less than 4 hrs from harvest, and several Christmas decorations.) I've tried to hire people and even some I hired were the same ones with larger farms who kept sending me msgs about working for me now that they hired me, they didn't show, one did but didn't want to fish which is what I contracted out.

Some of the larger farmers are so awesome and so helpful to the newcomers. I have friends and mentors who are, but some are downright horses' behinds. I, too, have a **** list --- of workers I won't hire and farmers I won't ever work for again, nor do business with in Market.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to your complaint.

Have a blessed day!
Old Dec 06 2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.
I actually appreciate farmers who do not want you to plow their farms, especially the layered farms. This is a difficult technique to learn and one I admire. I first heard about from a friend, Lisa Astrup, who spent over an hour one evening teaching me about the technique and providing links so I could learn how to do this when I have my second farm. I won't try it until then because to do so, I'd have to go to more effort on my first farm than I want to now that I have it loaded to the max with "stuff" around crops.

I don't want anyone plowing for me. I just like to do it myself. It's my first farm here and with all the other issues I've had with this game (including the disappearance of a recently purchased Sandwich Shop that, less than 24 hours old, vanished while in full production, as did a new and full rabbit hutch less than 4 hrs from harvest, and several Christmas decorations.) I've tried to hire people and even some I hired were the same ones with larger farms who kept sending me msgs about working for me now that they hired me, they didn't show, one did but didn't want to fish which is what I contracted out.

Some of the larger farmers are so awesome and so helpful to the newcomers. I have friends and mentors who are, but some are downright horses' behinds. I, too, have a **** list --- of workers I won't hire and farmers I won't ever work for again, nor do business with in Market.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to your complaint.

Have a blessed day!