Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 05 2015, 04:06 AM

OK - I am one of the players with the new version.

Ive been playing for the last 2 hours trying different things and the only things I have noticed are:

Green patches appearing seemingly at random after I have worked fields harvested plowed etc - as I mentioned in a previous post.
Trees that vanish after I have harvested crops or trees but come back temporarily when I mouse over them - this doesnt seem to happen to flowers and I can only recreate it with shaking trees and not chopping ones.
Neither of these really detracts from the game - as I said its just odd especially as I can recreate them on a farm and then go back to the same farm and it doesnt happen!
Also I tried hiding trees and getting the red lines and then making them visible again using the preferences menu and panning over the farm was achingly slow as you said in your comments Raul. I do wonder if for the future having these lines appear could be an option in the preferences menu maybe?

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome browser.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 05 2015, 04:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i noticed the flowers, crops & the trees went much smother than before, getting close , it was so smoth i thaught i was behind a singer sewing machine, on or was on servor & i use chrome
Old Nov 05 2015, 05:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Any update on when we'll see the next iteration?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 05 2015, 06:20 AM

How do I know if I am being used or helping with the testing?
Old Nov 05 2015, 06:48 AM

Not to add anything to your plates, but...when the game releases new gift items, I can't send the first one. Right now it's Thanksgiving Sign Decor and still the Gardener with Hedge Trimmers from several releases ago. Not really important, just interesting.
Thanks.
Old Nov 05 2015, 07:15 AM

OK just got another issue with the newer version - sorry Devs
In the old version when you do anything plant, plow, harvest you got shadow versions of the crop etc with place holders. Then there was also a lag until it cleared - usually you had to use the tool twice before the items appeared fully.
In the newer version the items are much more ghosted out so they are nearly invisible.
This is a little bit of a problem when plowing from scratch as you cant see where to put the next group of fields until the first lot has appeared fully and this often doesnt happen quickly until you use the tool again.
I hope this makes sense. I tried several times to get a screen dump or a photo using the camera but it doesnt show up.
I will say the new version is much quicker both in waiting for items to appear fullya nd in panning over farms.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 05 2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
How do I know if I am being used or helping with the testing?
There will be a banner (like a New Release notification) at the top of your screen when you go to your farm
Old Nov 05 2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Not to add anything to your plates, but...when the game releases new gift items, I can't send the first one. Right now it's Thanksgiving Sign Decor and still the Gardener with Hedge Trimmers from several releases ago. Not really important, just interesting.
Thanks.

Hi Njones

We sent an email to the developers about this problem.
Old Nov 05 2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
There will be a banner (like a New Release notification) at the top of your screen when you go to your farm
Thank You Stoneface
Old Nov 05 2015, 08:58 AM
Account Not Linked

I attempted to Request Ingredients from my friends. I clicked on the + but no window opened up but the clicks registered. I was attempting to post a request for petrochemical (green) barrels ingredients. I attempted this several times with the same results. No window opened and none of the requests were posted. Now I have to wait 12 hours until I can attempt to send requests again. I am not worried or upset about this I just wanted you to know so that you could pass it along to the developers who are doing a fantastic job coping with the Flash created problems.
Closed Thread