Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 23 2020, 07:30 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstruck Farm View Post
I just became friends with a farmer on Facebook and their name isn't showing up in my list of people that I can add as a neighbor in the game. Is there something I'm missing?
Hi Starstuck Farm,

I have moved your post to the thread about Neighbours.

When you add new friends, it can take Facebook a day or two to add them so you can see them in the My Neighbours tab in the game. What you can do is try running memcache and that sometimes makes them show up far quicker in that list, but if it doesn't work you'll just have to wait a bit longer for them to show.

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check the My Neighbours tab again and see if they now show up for you.
Old Nov 23 2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Starstuck Farm,

I have moved your post to the thread about Neighbours.

When you add new friends, it can take Facebook a day or two to add them so you can see them in the My Neighbours tab in the game. What you can do is try running memcache and that sometimes makes them show up far quicker in that list, but if it doesn't work you'll just have to wait a bit longer for them to show.

To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and check the My Neighbours tab again and see if they now show up for you.
I actually did that last night and was able to add my friend as a neighbor. I've had the memcache link for a while and use it whenever the game decides to be fussy
Old Nov 26 2020, 02:06 PM

How can I tell how many neighbors I am allowed to have
I have 78 now, and am at level 1044

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5149&farm_ix=Y
Old Nov 26 2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsfarmtown View Post
How can I tell how many neighbors I am allowed to have
I have 78 now, and am at level 1044
Hi smithsfarmtown

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors in Help & Support as the thread for Facebook neighbors requests is only to post requests for neighbors.

The Neighbors Limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

When you reach your limit of neighbors, you will receive a warning that you have reached your limit, when this happens, you will need to remove some neighbors before you can add more. We suggest you look in your My Neighbours tab and see if there are any inactive players you could remove if you need to make room for new neighbours. To do this use the following filter option:
Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"
Old Nov 26 2020, 02:29 PM

Default Understanding ID's

is there a way to tell how many neighbors I can have? you mentioned ID's but how do I know the length of ID's. where does that info come from. also I was afraid if I just added more neighbors it would start automatically removing random neighbors to make room. but it seems there is a warning box to actually prevents me from doing this? is this right?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5149&farm_ix=Y
Old Nov 26 2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsfarmtown View Post
is there a way to tell how many neighbors I can have? you mentioned ID's but how do I know the length of ID's. where does that info come from. also I was afraid if I just added more neighbors it would start automatically removing random neighbors to make room. but it seems there is a warning box to actually prevents me from doing this? is this right?
The information comes from the developers, you can add more neighbors but we cant tell you how many.
And yes, if you reach your limit you will get a warning message.

You have more information in our Game Guide, Chapter 05: Neighbors
Old Nov 27 2020, 01:24 PM

neighbors tab, what does the abbreviation MM stand for next to the coins
Old Nov 27 2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
neighbors tab, what does the abbreviation MM stand for next to the coins
Hi JNelson

The MM means that the number is how many millions they have.
You see something similiar in the Neighbor's bar below the game screen where the numbers were shortened because there is not more space.
Old Nov 27 2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi JNelson

The MM means that the number is how many millions they have.
You see something similiar in the Neighbor's bar below the game screen where the numbers were shortened because there is not more space.
thanks thought that was it but i was not 100 sure
need an MT for those of us in the many trillions rotfl
Old Dec 01 2020, 03:09 PM

I was going to do some work on a S N farm using the purple hand which i have permission to design on. The game will let me buy items but when I try to use items from his storage it shows my storage even though on the menu it says it is his storage. I have tried cleaning cache and memcache re started game all making no difference. I can get round it later by getting him to put the items on the farm then i can re arrange them If you have no solution for me . Thanks

Tags
archived farm, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, neighbour, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors