Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2021, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Hi, does anyone know if there's a particular problem with Firefox, only I can't get the HTML5 version to load on that browser, it's working fine on Chrome though. Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to get this set up for everyone !
Hi Peekachoo,
I am using Firefox and it still is working with Flash by the same process we have been using for months.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforsuv View Post
Can't use standard Unity?
I can't update chrome because all the ones newer than 51 have blurry fonts, increasing bigger and flatter UIs, which I HATE!

As for edge, it's already got the ugly flat redesigned web forms, I'm not updating it just for more broken stuff to be added.

At least it still runs flash, edge 84.

But i'd prefer chrome for that.

By green screen I mean it loads a blank profile with nothing

0123 credits/coins.

And it doesn't work on my iPhone either the unity version.

screenshot of the console in edge, which is chromium BS again.

(Also, the graphics that have loaded look terrible compared to the flash version. See the walking man thingo as an example, there's just no AA!)
Hi needforsuv,
I am sorry, but the game will not load correctly for you until you update your Chrome to current versions. Since you stopped way back at version 51 because of blurry text, I would think by version 87 that they would have corrected that. If you still don't want to update it, then I am afraid there is nothing we can do to help you with this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:19 AM

Default Text icons tiny on all screens for me

I have a 24" screen on my desktop and a 13" screen on my Surface Pro7 laptop. They run Win 7 and Win 10 respectively, and the icons, fonts, lists, store pages all are TINY. The Surface Pro is worse with the smaller screen but its pretty bad when I can't read it at all, esp the crop identification fonts that appear when you hover over a plot, are excruciatingly small. And FYI Firefox/Waterfox will not load the game on either computer so I plan to add Brave and see how that goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
The problem with the small text etc that a lot of people have been complaining about, a friend had this problem and I suggested that she try it on a laptop with a bigger screen, she did this and found the text much better, so the problem may well be the size of screen people are using.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
Hi, thanks for releasing the new game version.
I just started to test planting and in my case, the scrolling function to choose the tools does not show all my tools. It only shows the top and the bottom of all my tools, but not the middle part, where I would find the tool I would like to use now.
Hi uma,
Please try clicking and holding the left mouse button down on a tool and drag it up or down to move the tools to find the one you want. You may have to move them up or down a couple times to get the one you are looking for.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:20 AM

Well this morning, using the new version, I was missing a tool, which was FC one 5X5 I think it's the green one. It is extension one which worked on the old version.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poul Martin View Post
Hello Taz

I have great problem, the new version will not load on EDGE, just only on CROME. I hope You are able to help
Happy New Year to your all, Thanks for doing a great job.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...kmark&count=26.
Hi Poul Martin,
Please make sure your Edge is updated to latest version. Clear your browser cache for it, restart Edge and try loading it again. It will be slow loading the first time as it has to download all the graphics for the game.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1964 View Post
It was mentioned in one of the Farmtown Facebook groups yesterday that items (ponds & facilities) that are overlapped off the farm will be lost once Flash disappears. I have many ponds that run off the sides. Is this true? Do we need to move items back into the land boundaries?
Hi Christy,
No your items hanging off the edge of your farms will not disappear. Open the new html version and you will see they are all still in place.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickikcpa View Post
I have no neighbors at the bottom of my farm - is that normal for now?
Hi Vickicpa,
It is the normal for now as the developers have not added that function into the html version yet. They will be working on getting those and the other parts of the game that are missing added back in over the next few weeks.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusch0 View Post
When I load the HTML version through Gameroom, I get a green background with 0123 coins and Farm cash. No farms, no neighbors, no storage.

When I try using Chrome or Firefox I get a grey (black) background with a Unity logo and an empty loading indicator.

I am level 1200 with 1446844817 exp and 43 farms.
Hi cbusch,
Gameroom apparently will not work for the html version of the game. Several have reported this. Gameroom is going away in June according to Facebook.
You will have to log into Facebook and go through the link in the left column of your home page for Farm Town.
Old Jan 02 2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poul Martin View Post
Hello Taz

I have great problem, the new version will not load on EDGE, just only on CROME. I hope You are able to help
Happy New Year to your all, Thanks for doing a great job.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...kmark&count=26.

Greetings Poul Martin,
You may want to check to be sure you have the correct version of Edge. The Chromium based version of Edge is not the same one that came with Windows 10 by default, but it is the best one to be using. For some users it has downloaded and installed with Windows Update, but for others it has not. If it isn't based on Chromium then you can Google Chromium based Edge and find it within the first couple of results. I believe it should also work if you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl