Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2021, 12:18 PM

Default HTML5 Not Starting

I click the HTML5 link and only get a weird looking white box and a rectangle white box on a black background. After 30 seconds or so it goes back to the original version and works fine.
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:26 PM

When I tried to use the new version, none of my tools, equipment, trains, ships, harvest were available; nor were my friends/neighbors. I could not find anything. Had to go back to flash version to finish loading my ships.

Last edited by bgfarmer; Jan 02 2021 at 01:43 PM. Reason: I need to know why HTML version did not work?
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:04 PM

I have no neighbours and missing some action boxes
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Jenkinson View Post
Clicked on the new link for HTML version and it only gave me a black screen, tried to re-load but still the same so cannot access farm with HTML version.
Hi Angela,
Are you using Gameroom or going in through Facebook?
What browser are you using?
If you are going in through a browser please try clearing your browser cache, restart your browser and try again.
If that doesn't work see if you have any add ons enabled like the one to keep Facebook in the old layout or an adblocker. If you do then try disabling those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Focus View Post
I click the HTML5 link and only get a weird looking white box and a rectangle white box on a black background. After 30 seconds or so it goes back to the original version and works fine.
Hi Fuzzy Focus,
I don't think it is going back to the Flash version. What do you see for the neighbor bar?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:41 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgfarmer View Post
When I tried to use the new version, none of my tools, equipment, trains, ships, harvest were available; nor were my friends/neighbors
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I have no neighbours and missing some action boxes
Hi bgfarmer and vintotinto,

Please go to the 1st post on page one and read what that tells you about the HTML version of the game. Here's the link in case you don't know how to get there:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 02 2021, 01:42 PM

This is the link to the message that I get when I try to get into the new version. I have cleared my browsing cache as you suggested, and it still won't let me in. Is there something else that I can try Taz? I keep going from the black screen with the box on it and the fill line....then it goes to white screen with Farmtown on it.....then to the grey screen with the sad face on it.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post

This is the link to the message that I get when I try to get into the new version. I have cleared my browsing cache as you suggested, and it still won't let me in. Is there something else that I can try Taz? I keep going from the black screen with the box on it and the fill line....then it goes to white screen with Farmtown on it.....then to the grey screen with the sad face on it.
Hi sandgar,
ARe you using Gameroom? If so it will not work in that. You will need to log into your Facebook then use the link to Farm Town in the left column of your home page.
Make sure you browser is up to date. What browser are you using?

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 02 2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:51 PM

No I don't use gameroom when I play. I go into Farmtown by clicking farmtown on the left hand side of my Facebook page.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:52 PM

should I play both versions until it has been completely converted? Since I can't do anything in the new HTML version yet; and I can work the flash version? Thanks in advance for your support.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl