Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2021, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgfarmer View Post
should I play both versions until it has been completely converted? Since I can't do anything in the new HTML version yet; and I can work the flash version? Thanks in advance for your support.
Hi bgfarmer,
You can still use the Flash version until the browsers start disabling it and not allowing you to use that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:56 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
HTML5 version is working great on my laptop. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a new laptop.

The only issue is sometimes horizontally placed long river sections are displaying vertically. These do display correctly when placed between corner river sections.
I have a couple of long river pieces that are displaying vertically when they should be horizontal also.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post
No I don't use gameroom when I play. I go into Farmtown by clicking farmtown on the left hand side of my Facebook page.
Hi Sandgar,
What browser are you using? Make sure it is up to the current version.

Check to see if you have any add ons that might be causing problems, like the one to keep Facebook on the old layout or an adblocker. You will need to disable each one at a time to see which one is keeping you from opening it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2021, 01:58 PM

I am using Google Chrome....and it says it is up to date. The Jave version I have is 8 with update 251.
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:01 PM

I am not sure where I would check about the layout of Facebook. I am using the new version of Facebook. I do have an adblocker but it is disabled for Facebook.
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post
I am not sure where I would check about the layout of Facebook. I am using the new version of Facebook. I do have an adblocker but it is disabled for Facebook.
Hi sandgar,
You should disable the adblocker completely and see if the farms will load. Restart you browser after disabling it before trying to load the farms. Any other add ons extensions you have added may be suspect too as this is a whole new ballgame.
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I have a couple of long river pieces that are displaying vertically when they should be horizontal also.
Hi Earlgrey,
I have a couple like that too. Looks like they got the wrong orientation for both of those. Informed the developers.
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:12 PM

Taz, you are such an amazing person! I uninstalled the Adblocker, and that seems to be the only add on that I have. I will try reloading, and hope that it works. Thanks!
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:15 PM

Default Assorted Observations

*The evil Unity logo that shows in HTML5 on first load helps it APPEAR that the game is loading slower. I don't have a stopwatch, but I think the HTML5 actually loads about the same as the Flash, but it certainly FEELS slower.

*HTML5 version won't retain farm level zoom, always opens at like 5 or 6. Flash version always retains farm level zoom.

*Not a big fan of the baby poo color scheme. The dark green that surrounds the farms in the HTML5 version makes it difficult to see any dark objects like trees positioned around the upper left and right edges really hard to see. Also, the background color of the farm selector grid reminds me so much of something in a baby's diaper that I can almost smell it.

*The grid outliner that shows which plowed fields are being selected for planting is so faint in the HTML5 version that it actually slows down my ability to plant and has resulted in over/under selections where I did not want those.

*The popups for the Store aren't sized properly, and as a result don't click-scroll a full page like the Flash version does. The My Storage popups, on the other hand, DO seem to be sized properly as everything works as expected.

*I DO like the HTML5 farm selector popups for Fertilizing and Watering, as I am a fan of the more complete descriptions of each farm.

*The slanted text in the info popups in various places in the HTML5 version is annoying as it is hard on the eyes.

That is all for now.

wolfie

*Update 1/3/20- Timed it today and it takes about 30% longer to plant my crops. Some of that is due to slow loading of farms, as they tend to hang when the non-working progress bar starts to fade.

*I am all up-to-date and cleared with my Chrome browser.

Last edited by 1wolfie1; Jan 03 2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:35 PM

Taz, I uninstalled the adblocker and closed by browser and restarted my computer and I still am unable to go into the new version. I don't know what else I can try!
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl