Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 12 2021, 09:23 AM

Have had several instances of getting a blank screen with a 6 inch gray bar in the middle.
Old Sep 12 2021, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejusa View Post
I had this fired at me today, memcache cleaned, lost a huge sum of earnings for stacked fish now I can't get back on, Latest Edge Browser 1667790253 WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR! So please what is going on ????
One unhappy bunny
Hi Kejusa,
I moved your post to the HTML loading problems thread.
That error will come up when the game encounters an error. It could be because your browser is running out of memory. To correct this try closing your browser for a couple minutes and then reopen. That will give it time to release some memory to be reused.

If that doesn't work try restarting your computer. And if that doesn't work to get WebGL support back you will need to clear your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen. It will be slower loading the first time after this because it has to download all the graphics again.
You might want to check the first post of this thread as it lists the requirements for playing Farm Town as well as some steps to check your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 12 2021, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineking View Post
Have had several instances of getting a blank screen with a 6 inch gray bar in the middle.
Hi Lineking,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crashes and loading problems.
When has this happened?

What were you doing?

Do you see any error messages in the FT Console?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 12 2021, 06:43 PM

Default FACEBOOK-FarmTown page not responding

1806061592 I keep getting the page unresponsive when trying to do anything with a list ex- sending gifts, selecting people for ships or trains, . My husband has already upgraded our memory since we were on the low side of the new requirements, and all other steps have been done as well. It has now become work, not enjoyment to try and play the game and I am seriously thinking about stopping even though this is the only game I play on Facebook. I believe that most likely this is a Facebook issue not Farm Town. Is this issue going to be resolved for the players or should I throw in the towel now? A timed example of frustration, it took over 30 minutes to get just 1 train out because of the multiple "unresponsive pages" that I was getting.
Old Sep 12 2021, 06:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsegida View Post
1806061592 I keep getting the page unresponsive when trying to do anything with a list ex- sending gifts, selecting people for ships or trains, . My husband has already upgraded our memory since we were on the low side of the new requirements, and all other steps have been done as well. It has now become work, not enjoyment to try and play the game and I am seriously thinking about stopping even though this is the only game I play on Facebook. I believe that most likely this is a Facebook issue not Farm Town. Is this issue going to be resolved for the players or should I throw in the towel now? A timed example of frustration, it took over 30 minutes to get just 1 train out because of the multiple "unresponsive pages" that I was getting.
Hi pdsegida,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
If your internet drops or there is a problem in one or more of the many links needed to get to the game and transfer data to and from your game you will usually see the game stops reacting to what you are doing.

Your data has to go through many links between you and Facebook and then more links to get from there to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can stop the game from responding. Unfortunately there isn't any way for us to check these or get them fixed.
Old Sep 13 2021, 12:15 PM

Default Game Crashing every job

the game is crashing everytime i get hired to fish and not just me when the browser is refreshed there is no message to return to unfinished work this is costing me patience as i complete work but this crashing is happening when 1 farm is being done out of 40+ sort this garbage out the game also says there will be an update 5th of Aug its now 13th of September so what is going on ?
Old Sep 13 2021, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
the game is crashing everytime i get hired to fish and not just me when the browser is refreshed there is no message to return to unfinished work this is costing me patience as i complete work but this crashing is happening when 1 farm is being done out of 40+ sort this garbage out the game also says there will be an update 5th of Aug its now 13th of September so what is going on ?
Hi Stu,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crashing.
If you are hired for massive heavily loaded fish jobs on layered farms then you may have trouble with this.

There are many possibilties that can cause the crashing. Please try turning off everything in the show items in your prefernces. That may help to keep you from crashing. Also watch the red numbers and don't let them get up to high. If they are going up then slowdown or stop until they catch up.

Please check your browsers are up to date and also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Also, you have the requirements for your computer listed in the first post, first page of this thread for you to check.
Old Sep 14 2021, 02:25 PM

Hello,
FT worked properly this morning.

Am now receiving msg "Your browser does not support WebGL".

I doublechecked... chrome://gpu and it shows:
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Used links and saw GL turn in both WebGl animations.

Cleared mem cache and history/cache

Links work properly on tab My Requests.

Your help is sincerely appreciated
Ellen
ID number ( 1241671806 )
Old Sep 14 2021, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Feldman View Post
Hello,
FT worked properly this morning.

Am now receiving msg "Your browser does not support WebGL".

I doublechecked... chrome://gpu and it shows:
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Used links and saw GL turn in both WebGl animations.

Cleared mem cache and history/cache

Links work properly on tab My Requests.

Your help is sincerely appreciated
Ellen
ID number ( 1241671806 )
Hi Ellen,
I moved your post to the HTML loading problems thread.
That error will come up when the game encounters an error. It could be because your browser is running out of memory. To correct this try closing your browser for a couple minutes and then reopen. That will give it time to release some memory to be reused.

If that doesn't work try restarting your computer. And if that doesn't work to get WebGL support back you will need to clear your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen. It will be slower loading the first time after this because it has to download all the graphics again.
You might want to check the first post of this thread as it lists the requirements for playing Farm Town as well as some steps to check your computer.
Old Sep 14 2021, 06:29 PM

The Sept 14th update is not loading for me, I see the following errors at the bottom of my screen. My user id is: 1029104666 --Thank you for any help, Iris.
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11-20.19.15.4549)
2021-09-14 23:13:00.352 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-09-14 23:13:00.357 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2021-09-14 23:18:31.999 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-09-14 23:18:32.004 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-09-14 23:18:52.071 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl