Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 16 2016, 03:42 PM

Thumbs down Land upgrades are so expensive

I LOVE THIS GAME AND BUY FARM CASH QUITE OFTEN AND WORK PLANT DO FAC'S BUT WHY OH WHY ARE THE LAND EXPANSIONS ABSOLUTELY HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ITS MAKES ME SO MAD!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY IDEAS THAT THE DEVS MIGHT MAKE THEM CHEAPER IN THE FUTURE. IT PUTS ME OFF BUYING MORE FARM CASH.
Old May 16 2016, 05:25 PM

We have just been notified of Google's intent to stop Adobe Flash Player in their browsers completely. As slashkey have always advocated that the best browser for their game is Google Chrome, is slashkey going to find a better system to work with than Adobe Falsh player. Is this going to affect the millions of players
Old May 16 2016, 05:28 PM

Default Adobe Flash on Google Chrome

Not sure if I am putting this in the right place or not.

I heard today that Chrome is dropping Adobe Flash.....what does that mean for Farmtown???
Old May 16 2016, 06:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I read the whole story Chrome reported and it says Facebook games will still be supported.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 16 2016, 06:15 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann View Post
What will happen to Farm Town if Adobe Flash is phased out? I use Google Chrome so I was wondering if anyone knows about the other browsers are they going to do away with Adobe as well? My understanding is we need it to play Farm Town ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1954 View Post
We have just been notified of Google's intent to stop Adobe Flash Player in their browsers completely. As slashkey have always advocated that the best browser for their game is Google Chrome, is slashkey going to find a better system to work with than Adobe Falsh player. Is this going to affect the millions of players
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Not sure if I am putting this in the right place or not.

I heard today that Chrome is dropping Adobe Flash.....what does that mean for Farmtown???
Hi everyone,

I have moved related posts into the same thread to keep them together.

The last we heard on this was Adobe had security issues and were working hard to plug the holes. If Chrome or any other browser decides to remove flash players from their browsers then it will likely take some considerable time to implement. If this happens with all browsers and it makes sense economically and there is still an engaged user base, the developers should have enough time to convert to other technologies like html5 or unity.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 16 2016, 07:52 PM

how can they remove flash? it is used for so many different places I just don;t understand why they would even consider ditching flash..if they do remove it from chrome we can still use IE or FF browsers right? or maybe it will be something we can download like we need to do for IE and FF instead of it being built in like chrome....
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old May 16 2016, 10:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
I LOVE THIS GAME AND BUY FARM CASH QUITE OFTEN AND WORK PLANT DO FAC'S BUT WHY OH WHY ARE THE LAND EXPANSIONS ABSOLUTELY HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ITS MAKES ME SO MAD!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY IDEAS THAT THE DEVS MIGHT MAKE THEM CHEAPER IN THE FUTURE. IT PUTS ME OFF BUYING MORE FARM CASH.
Hi Alex, If you would like to make a suggestion about this please put it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that applies to your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 17 2016, 02:06 AM

I dont ever use FC to buy land upgrades, the larger the farm the more product it can produce, which makes more coin. The cost of the upgrades follows along with the income that size farm should be making for you.. You probably need more facilities if you struggling to afford the land upgrade costs. It doesnt take that much anymore to generate a billion coins a day. I be glad to help u with that if you want to contact me, Ive been able to help others get to the 1B mark fairly quickly.
Old May 17 2016, 08:20 AM

I have TONS of facilities many of which were bought with FC. I would like your input on how to make 13B in less than a week. Without being chained to the computer chair!!!
Old May 18 2016, 08:16 AM

I just came across an article at a respected and reliable site. I know I can't link, but I'm not sure I can mention the name of the source, so I'll leave that out. But just extracting the basic information that I think applies to Google Chrome users, here's what they said:

HTML5 will become Chrome's default, but Flash Player will still be bundled with Chrome. If one goes to a site that requires Flash, a prompt will appear and give the option of allowing it.

Google will temporarily exempt ten sites that generate the most Flash usage. Facebook is one of the ten.

(paraphrased by me)
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity