Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 16 2020, 09:36 PM

Default New Release -- January 16th, 2020

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on January 31st, 11:20PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. 8 new Valentine Items: 7 at the top of the Valentines category in the Store and 1 at the bottom.

2. 25 New Levels: 25 new items in the Winter, Trees, Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion and 'Other' categories in the Store.

3. 50 x 50 farm expansion for Farms 11 to 20: Please note that these expansions are for the *original farms* 11 to 20. If you have moved your farms around using the Farm Selector Manager then you will need to find your original farms from 11 to 20 to expand them. You cannot expand a farm just because it is sitting in one of those locations in your Farm Selector.

4. 7 Overhead Crane tools: Each matching the colors of existing ships, they provide the following benefits:

a) Each crane matching the color of another farmers ship waiting on your Seaport will allow you to load that particular ship in 1 click

b) If you own all the cranes this will activate the 'Load All' button at the top of your Seaport Screen to load *all* the ships at your Seaport 1 click

c) After you dispatch a ship, if it gets stuck at a port for more than X minutes and you also own the matching color crane for that ship, you will be able to load the ship yourself a certain amount of times depending on the ship color:

Blue Ship ---> Self Load up to 1 port after being stuck for 60 mins
Orange Ship -> Self Load up to 2 ports after being stuck for 50 mins
Green Ship --> Self Load up to 3 ports after being stuck for 40 mins
Purple Ship -> Self Load up to 4 ports after being stuck for 30 mins
Brown Ship --> Self Load up to 5 ports after being stuck for 20 mins
Pink Ship ---> Self Load up to 6 ports after being stuck for 10 mins
Yellow Ship -> Self Load up to 7 ports any time you want

Note: As with the Skip button, the self Load button do not work on the last port. Also, to receive those benefits you have to add all the Cranes to your Item Storage.

5. Neighbourhoods Chains Contest Scoring Change: Before this change, the score of a neighborhood is computed by adding all the XP points you earn plus all the XP points that your neighbours earn working the facilities in the contest. We feel that this method is not well balanced as it put too much importance on your neighbours effort and too little on your own individual effort. With this update we changed the way the neighbourhood score is computed as follows:

a) Each XP your neighbour earn contributes 1 point, no change here
b) Each XP you earn, instead of contributing just 1 point, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest

For example, if you have 100 neighbours in the contest and each of them earn 1 XP, then your neighborhood score will be 1 * 100 = 100 points. Then if you earn 1 XP yourself, this will add 1 * 100 = 100 points to your neighborhood score for a total score of 200. This basically makes your individual effort as important as the total combined effort of all your neighbours in the contest.

If you mouse over your total neighborhood score at the bottom of the screen, you will see a tooltip with two lines, one showing your individual contribution and another one showing the combined contribution of all your neighbours.

6. Equestrian Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Equestrian Supplies.

Horseshoe
Hand Held Horse Clipper
Horse Bits
Rein
Driving Bridle
Horse Fly Mask
Saddle Blanket
Rope Halter

7. Bird Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Bird Supplies.

Bird Swing
Bird Ladder
Bird Climbing Net
Bird Breeding Nest
Bird Playground
Parrot Climbing Tree
Parrot Treat
Big Bird Cage

8. Tack Shop (FC): Provides Equestrian Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Equestrian Supplies Factory.

9. Bird Shop (Coins): Provides Bird Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Bird Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - January 22nd, 2:00AM

- Released 25 new levels, see more info at the top of the post.

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 9:00PM

- 8 new Valentines items, see more info at the top of this thread
- Neighbourhoods Chains Contest scoring change, point #5 above

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 9:30PM

- You can now add the Seaport Manager as a shortcut and you can use it everywhere including in the Markets
- When receiving a hire request you will now see if your employer will let you use her fuel first or last
- BugFix: The Seaport Manager was only showing one ship from the same person even when there were multiple ships waiting on your port

Post Release Updates - January 31st, 11:20PM

- BugFix: Can not hire farmers in the market. Super Neighbours can not work your farms.

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by Raul; Jan 31 2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 16 2020, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 16 2020, 09:54 PM

Thanks Raul
Old Jan 16 2020, 09:55 PM

oooooo I see a Load All button on the ships. It's greyed out for now but happy happies for when it goes active.

eta - found the cranes

Thanks Raul.
Old Jan 16 2020, 09:57 PM

hi,
thank you for the update <3

greetz from austria vienna
tino

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=39
Old Jan 16 2020, 10:38 PM

Thank you - looking forward to seeing what we have!

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Jan 16 2020, 10:38 PM

Thanks, Raul & team! Looking forward to seeing what's in this new release.
Old Jan 16 2020, 10:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ty, got the new facilities and all the cranes which will save a ton of clicking, lol.. looking forward to seeing what else is in this latest update, great job ft devs and mods
Old Jan 16 2020, 10:46 PM

woohoo I am happy

Lara's Farm
Old Jan 16 2020, 11:51 PM

Cranes, facs, and the next set of farm expansions.
Closed Thread