Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 12 2023, 07:00 PM

I have looked and looked for a post regarding the gifting issues on the forum, only to keep coming back to your page here for 2009 posts. After going through multiple pages, all from 2009-2012, I give up. How to I see the current posts? The gifting process of 5 steps seems a bit odd? Please advise. Thanks!
Old Jul 12 2023, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKanode View Post
I have looked and looked for a post regarding the gifting issues on the forum, only to keep coming back to your page here for 2009 posts. After going through multiple pages, all from 2009-2012, I give up. How to I see the current posts? The gifting process of 5 steps seems a bit odd? Please advise. Thanks!
Hi MammaKanode,
You can find the latrest posts in any thread in Help & Support section by going to the last page.
I am not sure what you mean by 5 steps as you choose your gift you want to send, then select the list you want to send from then select the people you want to sent them to. That is exactly like the way you did them in the Facebook version.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 12 2023, 07:47 PM

Default Thanks Taz

In the facebook version, it was quite simple to change and accept all gifts from 50 people at a time. AND to return a gift to them all at once. Now I have to click on the requests tab to accept gift, then go back to the game, then to the gift box, and send gifs, then pick a gift then hit OVER 50 times people to send them to, and then send. Quite a lot of excessive clicking. It seems much more complicated than ever before. Along with all of the other problems in the game with needing MORE ingredients than ever before, and never having enough even after deactivating more than half of my facilities, it seems never ending. With time will the game get back to "normal"? I will take some time off and come back at a later date at this point. I see on your farms, you do not have layered farms or items, and was wondering if you have more than 1 of each kind of facility or client? I was having a hard time keeping any neighbors that wanted to work without layered fields and many more facilities. Not sure how to keep up at this point. Any advice? I have spent way too much real money on this game to continue spending any for more complications.
Old Jul 12 2023, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
In the facebook version, it was quite simple to change and accept all gifts from 50 people at a time. AND to return a gift to them all at once. Now I have to click on the requests tab to accept gift, then go back to the game, then to the gift box, and send gifs, then pick a gift then hit OVER 50 times people to send them to, and then send. Quite a lot of excessive clicking. It seems much more complicated than ever before. Along with all of the other problems in the game with needing MORE ingredients than ever before, and never having enough even after deactivating more than half of my facilities, it seems never ending. With time will the game get back to "normal"? I will take some time off and come back at a later date at this point. I see on your farms, you do not have layered farms or items, and was wondering if you have more than 1 of each kind of facility or client? I was having a hard time keeping any neighbors that wanted to work without layered fields and many more facilities. Not sure how to keep up at this point. Any advice? I have spent way too much real money on this game to continue spending any for more complications.
Hi MammaKanode,
No, you only have to go to the Gift Box in your tool bar. All of the functions are available there. You can accept the gifts either individually or accept all or exchange all and then when you accept then you can send gifts back, all in the pending gifts. You do not even have to open the My Requests for gifts at all.
Then you go to the My Gifts tab in there (wiich is the old gift box) and store or use them.
The Send gifts tab in that works the same way it does in the Facebook version.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 12 2023, 08:25 PM

But you HAVE to click each person sending a gift to each time. With over 300 people to send to, what's up with that? No comments on anything else?
Old Jul 12 2023, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
But you HAVE to click each person sending a gift to each time. With over 300 people to send to, what's up with that? No comments on anything else?
Hi MammaKanode,
You have to click on each person in the Send gifts in Facebook. And just like Facebook you can only send 50 at a time. And in the website you do not have to close the tab to set to send the next 50. You just have to select another gift and then select the next 50. What is different?
The developers are working on making it like Facebook in that the block for each person will disappear as you click on them shifting the next one up. That will be more like Facebook.
Old Jul 12 2023, 11:06 PM

I would sincerely suggest an accept gifts and return gift option like we have had all along. Gets old clicking 50-500 times each day for just gifts. I am sure that I am not the only one you are hearing this from.
Old Jul 12 2023, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I would sincerely suggest an accept gifts and return gift option like we have had all along. Gets old clicking 50-500 times each day for just gifts. I am sure that I am not the only one you are hearing this from.
Hi MammaKanode,
You already have exactly what you are asking for. Click on the Gift Box in your tool bar, Then click on Pending Gifts. That is set up exactly the way the My Requests gifts were set up in Facebook. You have the Accept All and Exchange All buttons. When you click to accept the gifts either all or one at a time, then the Send Gift Back button shows for the single accepted gift or if you accept all then a button shows at the top to send them back to all.

Here is a link to the post about how this works:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...0&postcount=18

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 12 2023 at 11:33 PM.
Old Jul 14 2023, 12:02 AM

Default unable to accept all gifts

I exchanged all my gifts to Pork and then clicked accept all and got an error message ERROR ajax Error decoding json:fail, etc
Old Jul 14 2023, 12:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
I exchanged all my gifts to Pork and then clicked accept all and got an error message ERROR ajax Error decoding json:fail, etc
Hi Texans,
Were you doing this in the Facebook version or the website version? If in website were you doing this from My Requests or from the new Gift Manager?

I just tried. Exchanged all for tomatoes, accepted all and did not get an error and had the tomatoes in My Gifts.
Try clearing your memcache then restart your farms and see if those gifts are still there. If they are try again and see if it works this time.

Memcache links if you need them are below:
For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

For clearing from Facebook:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Tags
bugs and glitches, flowers, fuel, gifts, gifts issues, help & support