Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 08 2018, 02:33 PM

I am a cheap poor senior playing. Cannot buy many cash facilities but I did when I was younger!
Old Apr 08 2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Steve,
You can't remove it. Consider the fact that you are only part of the Neighborhood chain with your neighbors. You contribute what you can to the group. It is a total of the group that determines who wins for the week. So you can still have a chance to win.
A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.
Old Apr 08 2018, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorton720 View Post
A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.
Hi jnorton,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize the suggestions by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 15 2018, 06:55 AM

Unhappy Finishing 10th in Neighborhood Chains

I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?
Old Apr 15 2018, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy View Post
I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?
Hi JuliesNotGoofy,
As the title says Neighborhood that means that you are not working just by yourself. Your neighbors have to contribute too, by working your facilities as well as loading their own and you working theirs so they can reload also.
There are some changes that are in the works to change the way the contest works and give you better control of your entry in the contest to make it more competitive.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 26 2018, 01:21 PM

Thumbs down My opinion

I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old May 26 2018, 01:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.
Hi Santmyer,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC as you are not asking a question or have a problem we can help you with.
Old Jun 03 2018, 03:58 PM

I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.
Old Jun 03 2018, 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyoldlady7 View Post
I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.
Hi craftyoldlady,
The developers did announce that they are working on some changes to how the contest will work, but have not released the changes yet. How the teams are chosen for the contests is to try to compete against those with the same amount or as close as it is possible to the same number of facilities. From that it depends on how many neigfhbors you have in your team and how much work all of those do to help each other.
Old Jun 09 2018, 10:27 PM

I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.