Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Sep 03 2011, 08:58 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I had posted this in the new release thread before seeing this, I am not sure where it will possibly actually be read so I am posting it here also I hope that's ok.

The way the red sprinkler works really is ridiculous. I just went to one of my farms that has many flowers to harvest and they were ready but wilted, so I had to water them to harvest. Well guess what? After watering they were picked but I am unable to water the new crop with the waterer to decrease the harvest time. I have to WAIT to water until tomorrow. So I WASTED my speed up by watering flowers that were mature, of course having no choice in the matter if I wanted to unwilt them, and I now CANNOT water my new crop of flowers. I want my farmcash back!

My Farm:
Coulter Country
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 03 2011, 08:59 AM

Default Brown Watering Can

I read about a brown watering can last night, but can't find it anywhere???
Old Sep 03 2011, 01:00 PM

I tried the red sprinkler this morning on my farm 10 for beets and it worked great. I didn't know you could only use it once a day per farm, but that understandable and ok. So, then I figured I'd try it again on a different farm and planted potatoes on Farm 6. I keep getting the message that farms can only be watered once a day.....hmmm. Does that mean you can only use the red sprinkler once a day period? Please help...Once a day per farm would be acceptable, but once a day between all 11 farms? That would suck.
Please clarify.....
p.s.
Love the Upgrades overall!!!

My Farms
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6384&farm_ix=1
Old Sep 03 2011, 03:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Just a little FYI if you had not already bought the brown sprinkler when the red one came out you would have had to buy it before you could buy the red sprinkler. So while it may not really be needed anymore it is still required to have before you can buy the red sprinkler.
I am not a newbie at this game and I am well aware of that. For me, the brown sprinkler still is indeed needed and I still resent the fact they took away a tool that cost 45 FC and along with it the option to JUST water my flowers.

Just my opinion and the devs need to know that not everyone is thrilled with the changes they made.
Old Sep 03 2011, 07:44 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

For those of you still unsure of how the red sprinkler works and may have missed the recent updates to it, i will try to clarify..........

Here's how the red sprinkler works..........
  • It only works on crops and flowers and only on the crops/flowers planted at that time.
  • It can only be applied once every 20hrs per farm. Make sure that your avatar is not busy doing something else when you try to irrigate, or it will not be applied.
  • It must be applied when flowers/crops are still in the growing process. Fields must be planted before you use it, and it won't work on crops that are showing ready to be harvested.
  • Once you have used the red sprinkler, it will double the speed of the remaining time left for the crop to become ready. So even if you planted them hours ago, it will still double the speed.
  • The time for the crops to waste remains the same as it was before you used the red sprinkler. So, even if you double the growth speed unintentionally by reviving your flowers, you will have the same time as before to harvest your crops, this effectively removes the need to have the brown water sprinkler in the toolbox or storage. Hovering over a crop that is ready to harvest will show you how long until they die, "Wasted in xx days/hours".
  • To check if you have used the sprinkler on a crop, hover over that crop and you will see...
    1. what the crop is.
    2. how long until they are ready to harvest.
    3. (W) which indicates that the crops have been sped up. If you see (F,W) it means that the farm is also fertilised. If you don't see the (W) immediately, just refresh or leave the farm and return.
  • To check how much time is left until you can use the red sprinkler on any new crops you plant on that farm, open the facility manager and hover over the red sprinkler icon, you will see "Mobile sprinkler, irrigate in xx hours)
  • If 20hrs as already passed since you last used the red sprinkler to speed up crops on that farm, when you open the facility manager and hover over the red sprinkler it will NOT display any information, which means you can use it again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 03 2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.
I agree. Waste time is not the only concern. Why it's a big deal to leave the brown sprinkler is beyond me. All the other old, useless tools stay there. I have every seeder, for instance, taking up space.
Old Sep 03 2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesac View Post
I had posted this in the new release thread before seeing this, I am not sure where it will possibly actually be read so I am posting it here also I hope that's ok.

The way the red sprinkler works really is ridiculous. I just went to one of my farms that has many flowers to harvest and they were ready but wilted, so I had to water them to harvest. Well guess what? After watering they were picked but I am unable to water the new crop with the waterer to decrease the harvest time. I have to WAIT to water until tomorrow. So I WASTED my speed up by watering flowers that were mature, of course having no choice in the matter if I wanted to unwilt them, and I now CANNOT water my new crop of flowers. I want my farmcash back!
Yeah, the way it is now you can't water your flowers unless you've planted crops that you want to grow faster.

Yet another feature that messes with rotation times and routines. I can't be on here several extra hours because the devs want to be stingy with what I consider to be an expensive tool.
Old Sep 05 2011, 10:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default I want my old sprinkler, too!

I had the gray/brown mobile sprinkler.
Then I bought the red/yellow crop irrigating/double growing speed sprinkler and now I can't locate the gray/brown one.
Sometimes, I just want to water the flowers and NOT double growing speed on crops - because I WANT the normal speed so I can have a REAL LIFE.
If I buy a replacement gray/brown will it disappear too? :-0
Old Sep 05 2011, 10:51 PM

I want mine back too. This is the first time that I've upgraded and lost the ability to use the other tools. I don't like it. Tonight I wanted to water my flowers, but I couldn't use the red sprinkler because I have to work tomorrow and if I did the crops would be withered before I got home.
Old Sep 05 2011, 11:15 PM
Account Not Linked

I have been using the water can to do my flowers if a neighbor hasn't done them for me. I don't have a lot of flowers so that work around works for me, but I can't imagine doing it that way if I had a whole field of flowers.

I have changed how I plant my crops to take full advantage of the red sprinkler as far as the speeding up the harvest goes but it still upsets me that I had to change how I do things on my farms and that they took away the functionality of an expensive tool.

I also don't like that anyone (meaning someone who isn't a neighbor, I never care if a neighbor does it) can now come to my farms and water my flowers. I used to water a lot of my neighbors' flowers but I don't anymore unless they ask me to. With all the glitches of using the red sprinkler on other farms I don't want to mess them up if they have one of their own.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity