Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 01:49 AM

Default hung out

i am gettting joining room and never getting to entered until job done --- i beg u to fix whatever is going i i have to use dial up alot and struggle more than others i feel but have made it to level 60 . I would not have if it had been this way the whole time. timing out and the not getting anywhere fast!
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:49 AM

Default hate, hate, hate new changes

I am so slow now. Thank you for attempting to fix something and managing to make it absolutely worse in the process. Harvesting and plowing are no longer fun or enjoyable. These are terrible changes.
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Whoa! Any mirrors in your house?

edited for emphasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
Personally, this is why we need to be able to fire people. If you don't like greedy farmers, fire them and send them back to market.

I personally do not hire anyone who asks for solo work because I see that as being greedy in and of itself, and I resent the sense of entitlement that is behind it.

When I churn raspberries or other short crops, yes the return is low, but it's work every couple of hours instead of every couple of days and there is more to do over time for more people. I personally don't like harvesting a farm full of raspberries because it's boring and low return.
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy This is disheartening

I just left a farm that I had completely plowed. The last section of the farm was about 100 plots. Another plower was hired before my avatar could get over to the last section and plowed it after I had already finished it. The other plower got the coins and xp's!! When my avatar finally made it over there, all I got was "Already done...already done...already done...etc."

I thought that the changes had been made to PREVENT the loss of coins and xp's. Pre-update, I NEVER lost any coins or xp's because I hit the save button after I finished every job. Since the update(s), I've lost coins and xp's on EVERY SINGLE PLOWING JOB I've had except one, where I was the only one plowing.

This is very discouraging and not fun at all!! Please reverse these updates and restore the game to what it was before December 22nd. Thank you!!
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:07 AM

I am still not having one bit of trouble. I've really never experienced some of the things mentioned here. I've never experienced the time-out problems either. Some of the minor glitches I have experienced, have fixed themselves in time. Overall, given time the enhancements and upgrades usually turn out to be a plus. I love the latest change.
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:08 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ok, i am going to tolerate the changes since its better than yesterday however can we get rid of the HUGE seed bag and SCYTHE that is taking up a lot of room and making it difficult to maneuver? I am getting real close to leaving this game and it is my all time favorite so please do something with those PIX

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:11 AM

I think you are doing a great job. I like the fact my avatar is so much faster but halfway through harvesting it wouldn't harvest any more despite being re-hired 3 times. I had to buddy the farmer and reboot. However it is much better. PLEASE can you make it so we can 'gift' farmtown coins. I'd love to give some to friends and family for Christmas but is a bit late now but birthdays are still an option. I like the idea of only hiring a one or two people - I have at level 60 and have the full expansions and only ever hire 2 people maximum. Happy Christmas
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgselby View Post
ok, i am going to tolerate the changes since its better than yesterday however can we get rid of the HUGE seed bag and SCYTHE that is taking up a lot of room and making it difficult to maneuver? I am getting real close to leaving this game and it is my all time favorite so please do something with those PIX
HI,

Ok, I guess something else was done since I last did any farming. What huge "seed bag and scytle" are you talking about? I didn't notice a difference in the size of the tools.
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:17 AM

Thank you for listening. Today was definitely better than last night. However, it is sometimes hard to tell what is going on with the people around you. I jump around, they jump around, etc. Whenever I am finished harvesting/plowing my avatar just seems to wander around and I cannot control even if I drop the harvester/plow.
For the first time, I lost coins and XPs also. I was watching them very closely because I was about to level up. I hired for two jobs from the MP and harvested/plowed on both. After finishing both, I checked and my XP's were the same.
Good try tho.
Old Dec 24 2009, 02:52 AM

I was very frustrated yesterday morning, with the "fix" that was made. By last evening, the fix had been fixed so I could enjoy my fix of FarmTown! Thank you devs. You listened to our complaints and made things so much better in such a short period of time. Much appreciated. Now would you please reduce the size of the cursors again--the harvesting tool, especially. That's a bit annoying when trying to harvest, especially while having to dodge my avatar. But it's SO much better!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Closed Thread