Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2017, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrobards View Post
There's a new problem I am having with ship ( Yellow ) containers, the Food container specifically. When preparing my ship, that was the first container I prepared. After doing 3 more containers..the Food container went back to 0. So I did it again, would not even close that window until the 45 minutes had passed...Got back to 100%. Then dispatched ship...I go and look ....the Food container isn't included amongst the containers on ship. I really need the cheese.
Hi mlrobards,
There isn't any way we can add the container back in for you. P)lease check your date/time for your computer and make sure it is correct. If those are off you can get all kinds of strange things happening.
Also please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I don't think the clearing will bring back the container, but may prevent this from happening again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Not wanting it added to this ship. Just want it to work for next ship is all. I cleaned everything.

Added: Time in sync on pc.
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:53 PM

When you buddies can help with the ship, does that mean strangers from the market you add as buddies or facebook friends/neighbours that you also added as a buddy just curious.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:54 PM

loving the ships no issue here
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
When you buddies can help with the ship, does that mean strangers from the market you add as buddies or facebook friends/neighbours that you also added as a buddy just curious.
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is the way I read it. The blue button under their picture will tell you what their relationship is with you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is the way I read it. The blue button under their picture will tell you what their relationship is with you.
So only face book friends that are already as a buddy can only help you not strangers from the market you add as buddies. Ok the reason why I ask is because a person seems to think anyone we add as buddies including strangers can help with ships. Thanks so much.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Jan 02 2017, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
So only face book friends that are already as a buddy can only help you not strangers from the market you add as buddies. Ok the reason why I ask is because a person seems to think anyone we add as buddies including strangers can help with ships. Thanks so much.
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is not what I said. I don't know as I don't have any buddies. To me it would be anyone you add as a buddy, but I can't verify that. The only way to know for sure is to add one from the market and see, though even if you add them does not guarantee that they will send a ship to your port.
Old Jan 02 2017, 07:28 PM

we must be getting a up date soon because the store is giving me issue nothing showing up this always happen when we getting up date. anyone else having this issue
Old Jan 02 2017, 08:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
we must be getting a up date soon because the store is giving me issue nothing showing up this always happen when we getting up date. anyone else having this issue
all is normal in my store, just looked.
Old Jan 02 2017, 11:34 PM
Account Not Linked

After a little evaluation, the new ships don't seem to be a great addition to the game. There are a lot of features that are time intensive, but if you don't want to participate, it's all good. In this case, however, the time required is staggering just to load the ships. Okay, so don't bother with ships. BUT . . .

This is about the only game feature I can think of at this point that non-participation greatly influences your friends, neighbors, and apparently total strangers.

I've been trying to check for ships in ports when I can -- which means when I think about it -- usually two or three times a day. Usually, there aren't any, or maybe one. Tonight when I got home from work, I had a message from someone that their ship was in my port, could I take care of that? I also had five ships -- one of which showed it had been there 15 hours, so it should have been there when I checked it before I left home.

I told the one who sent the message that, in future, when the it's possible, she should probably just remove me from her ports list as I am not able to keep watch on my ports all day. And I also sleep.

Unfortunately, this feature seems to require pretty much constant babysitting of the farm to make sure you can get to the ships in a timely manner. And even with that, the one that had been there 15 hours didn't show up.

Is there any conversation about revising how this works so we can "opt-out" as a port? If we don't have any ships, will we be removed as a port? I could do that.

Otherwise, I love the game, though I can't play as often as I like. I always look forward to the new releases, this one included -- with the one exception. :-)
Closed Thread