Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 02 2012, 06:12 PM

Default Quests

Personally, I love the quests.

I have all the available facilities and tools. One farm is my "Quest Farm". I have a few of each type of tree and, with the help of the green sprinkler, I am able to keep all crops available at all times. I only harvest what is needed for that day's quest.

I accept the quests in the morning and I'm able to complete them that same day most of the time. The coin rewards are fantastic when the quest is completed quickly!
Old Jul 02 2012, 06:46 PM

I like the quests, too, for the most part. But I do wish we could remove a quest we have decided not to do. I waited for the full time allowed for the quest to build a farm cart, because I don't have the facility for building the final item. This particular facility is not one that I care to get now.

So after waiting the 5 or 6 days before that quest finally timed out, I clicked for my new quest one day later, and got the same quest again!!
Old Jul 02 2012, 07:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryinVA View Post
I like the quests, too, for the most part. But I do wish we could remove a quest we have decided not to do. I waited for the full time allowed for the quest to build a farm cart, because I don't have the facility for building the final item. This particular facility is not one that I care to get now.

So after waiting the 5 or 6 days before that quest finally timed out, I clicked for my new quest one day later, and got the same quest again!!
Unless you are at level 30 to 50 you don't have to wait for a quest to expire to open up a new quest. I don't know what level you are but I noticed you said you waited 5 or 6 days and then you opened your new quest the next day, depending on the level you are at you can have up to 5 quests open. If you are at a level that you can have more than one open at a time all you have to do is wait for 20 hrs then you can open up a new quest.
Old Jul 02 2012, 08:42 PM

During the 5 or 6 days I mentioned waiting for the quest to expire, I did complete several more quests. I always check first thing for the new quests. What was disappointing was that the quests I could do were very short ones, which pay well, but not as well as the ones that have a lot of steps. Being able to get rid of a quest I can't finish is just a matter of not wanting to see it sit there every day when I don't want to buy the facility I needed.

This is not a strong complaint. FarmTown was the first game I started playing when I joined Facebook a few years ago. It is still the only one that has remained fun because I can decorate it as I want, buy the facilities I choose, grow the crops I need, etc., WITHOUT having to pester my neighbors. I have started and quit several Zynga games (Farmville, Cafe World, Cityville, even Roller Coaster Kingdom...anybody remember that one?... because the developers go nuts with quests.
Old Jul 09 2012, 04:30 PM

Personally, I like quests. I don't have to beg other farmers for anything. It's individual and I don't have to do them. It isn't required and no one makes me open the Quest Manager. It's not like other games where friends constantly post telling what they want people to send them.
Old Jul 09 2012, 05:19 PM

What types of games gives you an option to not open a quest manager? I only have experience with zynga games which I'm about fed up with. Zynga defo doesn't give you an option to not see the quest, they are plastered on your game page. I would not mind quests if I didn't have to see them and had the option to make them disappear.
Old Jul 09 2012, 06:17 PM
Account Not Linked

I like that the quests are hidden away in the menu and not plastered along the side of your gaming screen as if they're oh-so-important. If I can do the quest, I do; but many of them include industries I don't own and those I just ignore.
Old Jul 17 2012, 11:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have a protest. A recent quest of mine was to "load FarmTown honey beer in a service facility." Since I have the Pub, and it can be loaded with FT honey beer, I thought I was all set and made the honey beer. But now it tells me (and it did NOT tell me before) that I have to load it into the Dance Club, which I do not own. Now there have been other quests that I haven't been able to complete because I don't own the facility necessary for the final step, but I can accept that when I know it from the start. But to get all the way to the final step, and only THEN find out I can't complete it (there is no way I could have known which facility I needed before then, because it simply doesn't tell you) is truly vexing. Either specify WHICH facility is needed up front if there is any ambiguity, or allow either facility to be used. Grrrr.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 18 2012, 08:46 PM

Angry Quest

I have a quest for sugarcane and cocunuts, have harvested several fields/trees and have not received the credit for them. What do I need to do to complete a quest if I am not getting the credit for working on them?
Old Jul 18 2012, 09:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice813 View Post
I have a quest for sugarcane and cocunuts, have harvested several fields/trees and have not received the credit for them. What do I need to do to complete a quest if I am not getting the credit for working on them?
Have you done them on your own farm by yourself, unless you have the employee lifeline?