Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21 2014, 05:17 PM

Nice idea but awful name choices for the FC factory and facility in this November 2014 release - if this had originated from the UK, then the Government would have stepped in to force a re-think and get these re-titled to something a little more subtle and sensitive.....
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:17 PM

Farms 16 thru 20 have been expanded to 40 x 40 at a cost of $20 billion in funny money or $30 in FarmCash. This is in addition to the four new facilities and the gift packer. Still looking for more.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:18 PM

I totally agree about using the word "mobility". My husband had a stroke and uses at least 3 of those items and he is NOT handicapped!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
Thank you for the addition of new facilities and for thinking about people with differing challenges in life BUT I personally think the names for these facilities really needs to be changed as it could cause offence , perhaps more suitable names could be mobilty aid or personal aid shop or aids to daily living !! Just a thought/suggestion
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCM View Post
Don't give in to political correctness. Keep the facility names! Besides, the term "disabled" is far more offensive than handicapped. In fact, many people I know that are handicapped are handicap-able, meaning they can do many things as good if not better than those without handicaps. For those of you offended by the term, get over it!
Well lucky you that you are not disabled otherwise you too would find the word handicapped offensive.. just because we are disabled does not mean we are handicapped! and if this offends anyone then please admin just delete my comments.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDieter View Post
Nice idea but awful name choices for the FC factory and facility in this November 2014 release - if this had originated from the UK, then the Government would have stepped in to force a re-think and get these re-titled to something a little more subtle and sensitive.....
Have to agree with you Frank. here in the UK it would be thought of definitely NOT PC.
Disability and Mobility are far better names then handicapped... I myself am registered disabled and I don't think of myself as handicapped.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:24 PM

Don't shoot me but even professional golfers have handicaps, I am disabled and don't find the word offensive or handicap. It is just a word or another word that means similar things, really people if that is all you have to worry about in life (a name of a facility in a game) then you are doing really good
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17

Last edited by theperfectnina; Nov 21 2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:27 PM

Thank you Raul! I love ALL of the new things! I find nothing offensive about the new release!
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:27 PM

ok, as a disable person with CP i would like to say to the Dev team i am not defended by the name choice of the new fac. and its crazy that people are. keep up the good work and to be honest what other names could they have used besides what they did. besides Special needs, Handicap services, ect. face it besides the names that they did use those are the only other names then what i named myself, that they could have used. its just a game people get over it. GOOD JOB AND THANKS FOR THE UPDATES!!!!
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
Don't shoot me but even professional golfers have handicaps, I am disabled and don't find the word offensive or handicap. It is just a word or another word that means similar things, really people if that is all you have to worry about in life (a name of a facility in a game) then you are doing really good
Interesting.. you say you are disabled.. so if you don't find the word handicapped offensive why didn't you say you were handicapped?

This is my last post on this matter because I am becoming increasingly cross at some people's attitude.

Yes I know golfers play to a handicap. but really there is no comparison.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:32 PM

Default new icons on messages

anyone know what the new icons on the messages means? thanks
Closed Thread