Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 02 2010, 06:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Disappointed in essential oils facility

I confess I haven't looked at every post to see if anyone else has raised this. Sorry. Has anyone else done the maths on the essential oils plant?

Take vanilla, for example. If I use it in the spice factory then 2 fields gives me 4000 coins. If I use it in essential oils, then 1 field gives me 400 coins. This means the spice factory is five times better (unless you also have the perfume facility, and I don't have that to see if the return makes the vanilla worthwhile).

Cinnamon is bad too. I only get 1700 in the essential oils factory, but in the coffee/tea shop I get 2750 (the difference between the cappuccino and the cinnamon latte).

Peach in the essential oils gives 550, which is slightly better than the 450 from the preserves factory.

The cedar oil is not overly generous either. It takes 8 days to break even on the cost of a cedar tree, whereas in the sawmill it only takes 2.5 days to break even on the cost of an oak tree.

I don't have any flowers, so I don't know how the return compares with the flower shop.

Come on developers, give us a fair return in the facilities. Please take this on board when planning new facilities. These coin-facilities are not just there to feed into the farm cash-facilities. We want them to make coins in their own rights.

I love this game and I love the variety of things you give us (though some don't interest me so I don't buy them) but I would like an even return on the facilities. I can see I will hardly use this essential oils one, and I might have been better using my field space for more productive crops and trees.
Old Nov 02 2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
Imagine the songs that'll be sung if Farm 7 turns out to be a Farm Cash ONLY addition.
Don't care if it is I just want it. LOL
Old Nov 02 2010, 09:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

when is soon in your book 2 wks 3 wks ....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 02 2010, 09:54 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Tanner View Post
Hi everyone I either lost it or am totally a farmtown adict setting at my computer singing a song to the tune of oh where has my litttle dog gone. I am going to cal it my farmtown anthem..lol

Oh where oh where has our little farm 7 gone
oh where oh where can it be
waiting to add some nice extra crops and new factorys
with the bigger upgrades will not be too long
oh where oh where has our little farm 7 gone
oh where oh where can it be
Hope we soon see that farm 7 because FARMTOWN ROCKS and its the best game ever
Happy Farming everyone
just got on here tonight got two more pages to read loving this.....
how about "oh where oh where has Farm Town Mayor gone" lol
oh where oh where can he be....?? loving it someone help me out here

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 02 2010, 09:56 PM
Account Not Linked

For all those who are crying about FC...There are enough ways to get it that it shouldn't be a problem. You may have to use your head and/or work. In the "earn cash and coin" page there are plenty of opportunities that can be used. Are you going to buy someone a birthday present or a Christmas gift? How about a magazine subscription? I was going to buy some work shoes and noted I could get them here. Great shoes, a lot of FC! You can always sacrifice some of your valuable time and do the many surveys. You can get just about all the FC you need and be spending your real money on items you need and will buy anyway. Might as well put a little thought into it and use this option. The only criticism I have is Slashkey needs to do a little more marketing and get more opportunities in there. You may have to buy some FC, but probably not unless you are obsessive and have to buy that tool or facility RIGHT NOW!!
Old Nov 02 2010, 11:43 PM

I haven't read all 69 pages of posts but I need to make a comment to the devs about the Pecan Tree. I am a native Texan where Pecan trees are very abundant. They are very tall, large branches, and lots of "green leaves". The Pecan tree here in FT, well I don't know where you got the image but it is totally wrong. Where do ya'll research your graphics? Needless to say I have purchased some of them but wished they looked like the ones around here.
Old Nov 03 2010, 12:47 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corogirl View Post
I always thought thanks giving was something to do with turkeys until one of my US neighbours enlightened me last year. Nobody else in the world knows or really cares about thanks giving. Lets keep the specialty things more international. We are already in the throws of Christmas down here so bring it on.
Really? Gosh Not that ornaments and such aren't already appearing in our retail stores her in the US -- prior to Halloween in some stores, for gosh sakes. Guess it's a personal thing, but I sort of cringe when I see seasonal decorations up weeks before the holiday. I usually start doing a bit of holiday decorating the week of the holiday and mostly don't trim the tree until the day before THE day. Of course, procrastination over non-essentials may have a bit to do with that LOL
Old Nov 03 2010, 12:50 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnylady View Post
I haven't read all 69 pages of posts but I need to make a comment to the devs about the Pecan Tree. I am a native Texan where Pecan trees are very abundant. They are very tall, large branches, and lots of "green leaves". The Pecan tree here in FT, well I don't know where you got the image but it is totally wrong. Where do ya'll research your graphics? Needless to say I have purchased some of them but wished they looked like the ones around here.
Pecan trees aren't native trees where I live up in Oregon, but have seen them lots of times in the southeast and I also thought the FT image a bit odd. Nice little tree, but a pecan? Also noticed that the cranberry trees aren't a bit like the high bush cranberry native to northern regions. Oh, and those olive trees? Hmm....
Old Nov 03 2010, 01:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
I confess I haven't looked at every post to see if anyone else has raised this. Sorry. Has anyone else done the maths on the essential oils plant?

Take vanilla, for example. If I use it in the spice factory then 2 fields gives me 4000 coins. If I use it in essential oils, then 1 field gives me 400 coins. This means the spice factory is five times better (unless you also have the perfume facility, and I don't have that to see if the return makes the vanilla worthwhile).

Cinnamon is bad too. I only get 1700 in the essential oils factory, but in the coffee/tea shop I get 2750 (the difference between the cappuccino and the cinnamon latte).

Peach in the essential oils gives 550, which is slightly better than the 450 from the preserves factory.

The cedar oil is not overly generous either. It takes 8 days to break even on the cost of a cedar tree, whereas in the sawmill it only takes 2.5 days to break even on the cost of an oak tree.

I don't have any flowers, so I don't know how the return compares with the flower shop.

Come on developers, give us a fair return in the facilities. Please take this on board when planning new facilities. These coin-facilities are not just there to feed into the farm cash-facilities. We want them to make coins in their own rights.

I love this game and I love the variety of things you give us (though some don't interest me so I don't buy them) but I would like an even return on the facilities. I can see I will hardly use this essential oils one, and I might have been better using my field space for more productive crops and trees.
It's true the returns on some of the produce via the essential oils factory are modest - relatively speaking. But therein lies the clever strategy on the part of the game developers. If you want the really big coin returns it pays to have the FC facilities, such as the ones you mentioned. The essential oils factory can be used as a stand alone facility, but its primary purpose is to prepare ingredients for use at the perfume factory which, like the spice factory and tea/coffee shop, costs FC but offers mucho excellent returns on your investment
Old Nov 03 2010, 05:11 AM

Level:
XP:

in your gift box... items to be used in facilities now have a green box with a ??? in it..... yeah way way cool click the ? and it tells you what you can use it for.... wow Now i know why i had so much trouble today lol lol yay FT you Rock.. and no no they can't (or i should say shouldn't, lol) do that making the farm 7 only FC they will loose many many players........ for real...... doubt they would do that......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread