Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old Oct 30 2013, 07:03 AM

Default Storage, Market, & Trading Warehouse Options

Please use this thread for ideas for Storage, Job or Trading Market Places, Buying and Selling, the Trading Warehouse feature.

Please remember NOT to comment, reply or quote any suggestion you see in these threads. This is to allow any member to feel comfortable about posting their idea regardless of whether or not it would be popular with other members or farmers!

All comments about other member suggestions, replies to them or quoting them will be removed by the moderators.

Periodically the developers will ask the moderators to clear all the suggestions out.
This means that the developers have reviewed them and made notes about them.
Currently suggestions made prior to Mar 20, 2024 have been removed.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 19 2024 at 05:52 PM.
Old Apr 16 2024, 07:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I’m voicing my grievance on Farm Town’s “item/product” storage system & the shortfalls therein. Let me start by saying that I’m a long–term player/enthusiast of Farm Town for 15+ years, with a game “level” of 1450, over 1.6 billion experience points & 47 farms.

I firmly believe that a farmer’s ability to store items/products should NOT be based on the number of neighbors they have – I seem to recall that when initially devised by the developers, the maximum number of neighbors we were allowed to have was eighty (80) & with that number comes a specific limit of items/products that we’re able to store – in my case slightly over 12,000. I’m not 100% certain if the total number of neighbors has increased or not, but if so, it’s still a ton of effort & time spent waiting on others to respond to a neighbor request just to increase my storage by a miniscule amount.

I’m quite certain that like me, many farmers revise/update/rearrange/redesign their farms periodically to accommodate the various changes in the game – that’s the driving factor behind this post.

What is irritating & annoying about the storage limitation is how it cripples me when trying to revise/update/rearrange/redesign any of my farms. Here’s why: 1) not only have I invested 15+ years into Farm Town, but I have also invested hundreds (if not thousands) of my own hard–earned money ($$) into this game so that I could purchase all the game’s “doo–dads” (including 47 farms sized at max capacity, as well as every single facility/tool, etc.,); 2) between trains, cargo ships, gifts, working my neighbors’ facilities & referring my neighbors’ clients (all of which I do daily), I’m literally storing hundreds of millions of “items/products” into some (?cloud?) storage somewhere, yet all–the–while, severe restrictions exist when trying to put a few more “items/products” into my storage whenever I need to revise/update/rearrange/redesign a given farm – that totally sucks & makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

IMHO, the ability to add items to storage should be based on any number of factors, including (but not limited to):

a) Our Farm Town tenure (i.e., years we’ve been playing the game (15+ years & counting))
b) Our Farm Town game “level” (1450 & counting)
c) Our Farm Town experience points (1.6+ billion & counting)
d) The actual number of farms owned (47 & counting)
e) The actual size of those farms (all farms set to the maximum allowable size)
f) Actual cash ($$) we’ve spent purchasing Farm Town “dollars” to purchase all the “doo–dads” (surely this data is available somewhere/somehow)
g) There are probably a multitude of other compelling reasons to consider a significant upgrade to the storage limits…but tying it to the number of neighbors we have is (IMHO) insufficient & inadequate & serves as more of an obstacle than anything else.

It’s common knowledge that if you relocate certain things – trees, flowers, facilities, etc., – from one farm to another, any/all “growth” that it had will be completely erased…zeroed out…we lose everything related to that item & it must then be started over from scratch. I’m not happy that it works like that, but whatever…so, we have the (losing) choice of relocating items OR – the Farm Town developers could find a way to significantly increase our storage capacity – double it, triple it or more. I’m certain that my fellow “farmers” would agree that we need & deserve a significant increase in our storage capacity – c’mon developers, let’s make this happen!

DB:W20, MPS:C20