Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 14 2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
Since Facebook has changed the way I see the posts, etc. Is there an easy way to get to Farm Town to load my game? I don't see it listed in the Games that Facebook shows.
Hi RFMad

Are you saying that FarmTown is not showing in your shortcuts anymore? If so, we have seen this other times and it is usually fixed after some hours or the next day.

Meanwhile you can load the game usint the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum or you can also enter through a post from your friends.
Old Jun 12 2022, 02:22 PM

I've been having this problem for a while now - I'm working posts and it says "working farm x" then adds xp points at least, then immediately flashes "the mayor has already helped you with those today". I have never worked someone's post twice, unless it's not marked that I've worked it. Then I just wait to see if 'the mayor has already helped me. I'm actually not of the computer long enough at a time to cut into the 12 hour window. Everything is up-to-date and cleared. Thanks
Old Jun 12 2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I've been having this problem for a while now - I'm working posts and it says "working farm x" then adds xp points at least, then immediately flashes "the mayor has already helped you with those today". I have never worked someone's post twice, unless it's not marked that I've worked it. Then I just wait to see if 'the mayor has already helped me. I'm actually not of the computer long enough at a time to cut into the 12 hour window. Everything is up-to-date and cleared. Thanks
Hi NJones

You have to wait 8 hours not 12 to be able to work the same friends facilities again.

Sometimes, when a farmer posts several times a day, then if you work from Farm Town wall requests, the posts turn pink but the links are blue instead of purple for the new posts.

We think that maybe, the first time you worked those factories, some of them were already empty, so when they refill and post again, if you try those facilities again, you get the oops for the farms you got products from all facilities, but you get some products for the facilities which were empty the first time you visited.
Old Jul 09 2022, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure what changed but my wall feed went from 3 hours down to less than 1 hour. I have not added any new friends. I am running Win 10, regularly cleaning meme and browsers. Have tried Chrome and Brave. On Servers c20, w21. 3 hours was short enough, but I am missing more than I can possibly catch. Thanks for any ideas
Old Jul 09 2022, 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
I'm not sure what changed but my wall feed went from 3 hours down to less than 1 hour. I have not added any new friends. I am running Win 10, regularly cleaning meme and browsers. Have tried Chrome and Brave. On Servers c20, w21. 3 hours was short enough, but I am missing more than I can possibly catch. Thanks for any ideas
Hi Early Girl,
It is not based on time for the wall requests list. It is based on how many. They only show roughly 35 to 40 posts. Since we have just had a release then everyone is posting more and more often at this time. It should settle down in a few days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 11 2022, 01:24 AM

Default Undo unfollowing

I took a break from FT for a while and selected to unfollow Ft facility posts on my news feed. Now I have started playing again, how do I reverse this and start to see FT facility posts on me news feed. Thanks
Old Jul 11 2022, 05:42 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I took a break from FT for a while and selected to unfollow Ft facility posts on my news feed. Now I have started playing again, how do I reverse this and start to see FT facility posts on me news feed. Thanks
Hi Vivienne57,

I have moved your post to the thread about Facebook NewsFeed.

It really depends on what you did to unfollow.

If you were in your NewsFeed and clicked on a Farm Town post and chose to unfollow a specific person or group you would have to go to that persons profile or group and follow them again.

If it was a friends Farm Town post in NewsFeed and you chose the option to Hide all from Farm Town app then you would need to:
  1. Click on the small version of your Facebook profile picture top right of Facebook
  2. Then click on Settings and Privacy
  3. In the list that shows click on Feed
  4. Then click on Reconnect and it should show you what or who you unfollowed.
  5. If you see Farm Town listed with a black icon and a white plus symbol on that icon. Click that icon to turn it blue with a white check mark on it. If you see other things listed but not Farm Town try typing the name in the search box that shows to find it.

However I do not know how quick it will be for Facebook to update the changes you made so that you start seeing Farm Town posts in News Feed again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 11 2022, 11:03 AM

Not if Facebook has anything to say about it. I just was blocked by Facebook for trying to post a request for help with factories. It is claiming that posting as often as Farm Town requires to be played properly is too often or otherwise "violates community standards" when I see little to no evidence that Facebook even has any standards. I still the same stock photos of women leaving nothing left to guess asking to be friends that I reported as fakes back when there were only 3 farms available to us! Anyway I think the number of posts will return to normal sooner than later because Facebook is sending people to Facebook Jail just for playing.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 11 2022 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Unrelated quote removed
Old Jul 11 2022, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Not if Facebook has anything to say about it. I just was blocked by Facebook for trying to post a request for help with factories. It is claiming that posting as often as Farm Town requires to be played properly is too often or otherwise "violates community standards" when I see little to no evidence that Facebook even has any standards. I still the same stock photos of women leaving nothing left to guess asking to be friends that I reported as fakes back when there were only 3 farms available to us! Anyway I think the number of posts will return to normal sooner than later because Facebook is sending people to Facebook Jail just for playing.
Hi Qivis,
THe number of posts seen on the your wall requests is not governed by Facebook. It is an amount set be Farm Town. It does not look at times posted but shows a set amount back. If everyone is posting as they tend to do after a release then how far back the wall requests goes drops because more have posted.
I am sorry you have been blocked, but that is because of Facebook's security policy rules. There is nothing we can do about that. If you are not looking for new neighbors then maybe you should change your settings to only accept friend requests to be only from friends of friends. That would prevent those fake accounts from sending those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 11 2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
THe number of posts seen on the your wall requests is not governed by Facebook. It is an amount set be Farm Town. It does not look at times posted but shows a set amount back. If everyone is posting as they tend to do after a release then how far back the wall requests goes drops because more have posted.
I am sorry you have been blocked, but that is because of Facebook's security policy rules. There is nothing we can do about that. If you are not looking for new neighbors then maybe you should change your settings to only accept friend requests to be only from friends of friends. That would prevent those fake accounts from sending those.
Basically what I am saying is that I have encountered other people also being blocked by Facebook for posting their bonuses, ingredient requests, etc on occasions when many factories result in bonuses at once. The exact wording by Facebook is that such posts have been reported as abusive and they will not allow them. If more people get blocked in this way from posting anything - even complaining that they cannot post is being blocked - then the numbers will start to fall.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests