Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 28 2021, 07:56 PM

I am having some issues. How often should we be able to work our neighbor's facilities? I try to keep on some sort of a schedule so I can help contribute to the weekly NCC and lately most of my neighbor's are still showing in pink and I know that it has been Well Over 12 hours since I last worked their facilities and they still show in pink and when I try anyways, The Mayor says that I have already worked them. This is not fair for the NCC. Is there a way to reset me so I can work my neighbor's facilities again? Is this a glitch that the developers are aware of? Please help. Thank you.
Old Aug 28 2021, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherGary View Post
I am having some issues. How often should we be able to work our neighbor's facilities? I try to keep on some sort of a schedule so I can help contribute to the weekly NCC and lately most of my neighbor's are still showing in pink and I know that it has been Well Over 12 hours since I last worked their facilities and they still show in pink and when I try anyways, The Mayor says that I have already worked them. This is not fair for the NCC. Is there a way to reset me so I can work my neighbor's facilities again? Is this a glitch that the developers are aware of? Please help. Thank you.
Hi BrotherGary,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread and the wall requests.
Working Neighbors Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a neighbours facilities before you can rework that same neighbor's post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.
Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 29 2021, 04:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbet View Post
I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back
I have as well as a number of friends been getting this for the past 36 to 48 hours, the feed under the farm are blue and white silhouettes and someone did this or that, gifts are the same and once collected you have to visit the gift page to remove them as they stay put, facility feeds are again silhouettes and someone, I have cleared memcashe, cleared browsing history, make sure the browser is up to date, even tried 3 other browsers, all do the same thing. I have tried my wife's account on the same browsers and hers works fine.
USER ID number ( 100000972397961 )
Old Aug 29 2021, 05:24 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
I have as well as a number of friends been getting this for the past 36 to 48 hours, the feed under the farm are blue and white silhouettes and someone did this or that, gifts are the same and once collected you have to visit the gift page to remove them as they stay put, facility feeds are again silhouettes and someone, I have cleared memcashe, cleared browsing history, make sure the browser is up to date, even tried 3 other browsers, all do the same thing. I have tried my wife's account on the same browsers and hers works fine.
USER ID number ( 100000972397961 )
Hi Grumpdad,

We are aware that this someone problem is not affecting everyone, it does seem to have spread to some more players. The developers are aware of this but it seems to be an issue retrieving data from Facebook about who your friends are that Facebook may need to fix. If you have not already done so you can report this to support if you wish they have an idea of how many this is affecting.

While you have this problem if you want to carry on accepting gifts, you will need to continue clearing the ones already accepted along with any train boosts you have already boosted out of the Facebooks Game Activity area then refresh my requests to see them gone from there as well so you can get to more gifts.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 30 2021, 09:31 PM

My FT number - 1035802694
How do I get my neighbours names back onto my Facility Wall all it shows is 'someone'.
Appreciate any help you can give me
Thank you
Old Aug 30 2021, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacwlens View Post
My FT number - 1035802694
How do I get my neighbours names back onto my Facility Wall all it shows is 'someone'.
Appreciate any help you can give me
Thank you
Hi pacwlens,
Unfortunately there is nothing you or we can do to get those names back on your wall requests. This is a problem with data transfer from Facebook to Farm Town for some players, but not all. The developers are aware of it, but it is a problem from Facebook, so there is nothing they can do to fix this. Facebook will have to fix the issue.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2021, 03:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10
This morning I was delighted to get the names/links back... but it was short lived

I refreshed when I finished the list and it went back to someone again

Then I refreshed the wall again and they were back again

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 03 2021, 04:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
This morning I was delighted to get the names/links back... but it was short lived

I refreshed when I finished the list and it went back to someone again

Then I refreshed the wall again and they were back again
Hi NooNoo thank you for your report, a fix was released last night to try and correct this which were are testing to make sure it stays fixed. If you get any further problems please come back and let us know.

If you had any stuck train requests in my requests those still need to be cleared manually from my requests, when you try to boost those you will see the already a day ahead/returned home or expired messages but those should clear fine.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 05 2021, 02:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to OzzieOzzOzz
Default Errors in Facility Work

It is a monumental you are undertaking. Thanks for making the ne version so user-friendly.
A few friends and I noticed the following:
1. The Mayor displays a message I ALREADY WORKED THIS FARM, when it is IMPOSSIBLE. Example: I was away for a day and a half, started working on a friend's farm. She was away for 6 months. I got OOPS on the Clients but not the factories. Sometimes the OOPS is on some farms and not the rest.
2. It may be related to the above, my Utilization is different for different farms, A friend and I ran a test on the OOPS. I told her I was oopsed on some farms, and those farms showed lower utilization.
3. Sometimes I am directed from a link to a friend on the request sheet, and I land on a different farm, sometimes a mutual friend, sometimes a random stranger
Once again, I appreciate the effort you have expended so far, Keep up the good work
Old Sep 05 2021, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieOzzOzz View Post
It is a monumental you are undertaking. Thanks for making the ne version so user-friendly.
A few friends and I noticed the following:
1. The Mayor displays a message I ALREADY WORKED THIS FARM, when it is IMPOSSIBLE. Example: I was away for a day and a half, started working on a friend's farm. She was away for 6 months. I got OOPS on the Clients but not the factories. Sometimes the OOPS is on some farms and not the rest.
2. It may be related to the above, my Utilization is different for different farms, A friend and I ran a test on the OOPS. I told her I was oopsed on some farms, and those farms showed lower utilization.
3. Sometimes I am directed from a link to a friend on the request sheet, and I land on a different farm, sometimes a mutual friend, sometimes a random stranger
Once again, I appreciate the effort you have expended so far, Keep up the good work
Hi OzzieOzzOzz,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the Wall Requests.
We are aware about #3. It is something Facebook has changed and it happens when users have more than one account.
For 1 & 2 it may be that there was not enough left for you to work. The mayor doesn't have a message for saying that.
I will copy your mpost to the closed thread for the developers to check on this.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests