Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2014, 11:25 AM

I think the idea that people we hire in the mrkt have access to the FC tools is NOT a good idea, I do agreee they can have access to the coin tools we have for the JOB we hire them for, BUT I am a little confused on that.

IF I hire to do harvest TREES only Do they have access to the OTHER Tools also? Or Just what we hire the person for whether its a neighbor or someone in the market??? Please clarify that.

I also think by allowing others to use OUR tools when we hire them it in some ways is a 'catch 22' It helps US get our farms done an hopefully more complete than it has happened BUT it also makes it NOT inviting for LOW level people to bother to spend money now on their OWN tools cause they can always use someone elses when they get hired. IF it takes them HOURS to do their own farm it doesn't matter an some don't care.
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I think the idea that people we hire in the mrkt have access to the FC tools is NOT a good idea, I do agreee they can have access to the coin tools we have for the JOB we hire them for, BUT I am a little confused on that.

IF I hire to do harvest TREES only Do they have access to the OTHER Tools also? Or Just what we hire the person for whether its a neighbor or someone in the market??? Please clarify that.

I also think by allowing others to use OUR tools when we hire them it in some ways is a 'catch 22' It helps US get our farms done an hopefully more complete than it has happened BUT it also makes it NOT inviting for LOW level people to bother to spend money now on their OWN tools cause they can always use someone elses when they get hired. IF it takes them HOURS to do their own farm it doesn't matter an some don't care.
They will only have access to the tools for the jobs you hire them for. If they are not hired to harvest and plow then they will not be able to use those tools.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:35 AM

Allowing workers to use our tools takes Nothing away from us at all. it actually helps. Yes we buy them but if others cannot use them on our farm it doesn't give us more so I really don't understand the problem..
I think it's a great community update..
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
They will only have access to the tools for the jobs you hire them for. If they are not hired to harvest and plow then they will not be able to use those tools.
Thanks for the quick answer! That makes me feel better then about hiring non neighbors to do my farms.

I do have One last question. Did the developers figure out how to stop players from keeping a 'tab' open or ? an be able to go back to the persons farm at a later time an do more than what was ready when they were initially hired to do? It has happened to some I have read about in here an also I believe I have had it happen to me a couple times. I wasn't even sure how the person was able to do mine when that happened.
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:37 AM

Thank you for everything, like everything EXCEPT that eye - its really spooky - cant you find a different icon or have text instead pleeeeeease ......................

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:40 AM

plus think about it..if someone in your family has a farm with no tools, they can now work for you using your tools..
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:45 AM

I wish people would stop complaining about our workers being able to use our tools to do the work. It is a suggestion that farmers have been making for months because of trouble finding workers who will stick around and do the jobs for which we hire them. It's not as if the developers added it without consulting farmers first. They are just giving us what we have been begging and pleading to have. So don't blame Raul and the rest of the team for what is really our "fault" as farmers who've been having trouble finding employees. Great update Raul & Company! It's been a long time since I last hired from the market and maybe I will start doing it again.
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:53 AM

Grr lost my whole reply..

I am selfish, I am on original and like every other original we got where we are by doing things the old fashioned way....1x1'ing it all, NO tools, etc etc I got there 1 step at a time just like everyone else.

To get there faster I was required to use MONEY to buy tools and after you spend real money on those tools you realize you just paid a small fortune to get ahead a little faster.

Now anyone can do that? WITHOUT having had to pay a friggen dime? I (and everyone else who bought tools) are paying so that others can get ahead, I earned my level and my xps on my own, why shouldn't I be upset that little "Jo farmer" gets a free ride using the money that me and others have spent? We paid to get an advantage no we no longer have that.

if they wanna use my tools fine, but you gotta help me pay for them, it isn't fair that we get no say in that. I want a rental fee, I want some of my FC refunded if they won't, don't, can;t etc pay for tools than why should they be able to use ours???? They were MY investment not "jo Farmer's"

so yes if this makes me selfish than so be it, I was very happy with this game until this morning, when I read what will be happening.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jan 08 2014, 11:57 AM

LOL yup you are selfish..and yet depriving them would gain you nothing..
Old Jan 08 2014, 12:00 PM

thanks for the new update..guess we won't b getting farm 21..had plans..guess i will have to change them...lol..
Closed Thread